Dual Sport fairings from Britannia Composites

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Ian B, Mar 15, 2008.

1. TBR

TBR One Life ~ Live It...

Oddometer:
    Extremely satisfied with with my MIRAGE 2 (BMW F8GS 2015)....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Jettn Jim likes this.
  2. GreatWhiteNorth

GreatWhiteNorth Long timer

Oddometer:
    Winterpeg - site of flatness beyond belief
    I see it's been some time since anyone posted here on Ian's thread. I recently picked up this Gen 1 KLR650 from a motorcycle salvage outfit in Edmonton. Dunno what the story is/was on it, but as received it had no spark, which I fixed. It came with this nice Britannia Phoenix fairing... painted a tan camo. I stripped it, re-painted it, polished up the Hella modular lights, installed Baja Designs turn signals, and made some aluminium plates for the dash, to cover up cutouts left from PO. I'm very impressed by the build quality - very nice fibreglass layup. The headlights are very bright! Dunno if Ian would make more Phoenix fairings, but I could see myself buying a Lynx fairing down the road (for a different KLR)! :thumbup

IMG_20171017_1318189.jpg

Attached Files:

ACR, Fosters and caribooster like this.
  3. Jettn Jim

Jettn Jim This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer:
    NE PA Some... PNW Some... On HIGH ADVENTURE Most!
    Niiice bike!!!! And excellent fairing!!! Have had three different fairings from Ian and Loooove them all!!!
    GreatWhiteNorth likes this.
  4. ae86andkp61

ae86andkp61 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I liked the Lynx I bought for my DR350SE several years ago so much I bought another for my new Husky 701...and I am so glad that Ian brought back the side-by-side light style...the stacked lights aren't really my thing. Since I haven't seen many pics of the new Lynx S mounted, figured I'd post some from this morning's ride. IMG_1023.JPG IMG_0996.JPG IMG_1009.JPG
  5. Ian B

Ian B Fairing Manufacturer Supporter

Oddometer:
    You're right, there are not many photos of the new Lyx S out there yet so many thanks for sharing these ,
  6. ae86andkp61

ae86andkp61 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Feel free to use them or share them around if you like! :-)
  7. mototifosi

mototifosi What does this one do?

Oddometer:
    Has anyone something to report on using the GPS bracket that Brit offers ? I have a WR-250X/R and have the new Lynx. Looking to mount my new TT RIder 550. Anyone have any pics of their Britannia GPS mount on their rigs ? Tips, tricks ?
  8. KayDubbya

KayDubbya Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The GPS mounting bracket bolts straight on at the top of the fairing. Two nuts on the sides allow you to adjust the angle and it's predrilled for the standard hope pattern. I've attached a Ram Finger group mount to hold my cell phone that I used for GPS navigation. Very solid construction. 20190809_183349.jpg
    GreatWhiteNorth likes this.
  9. mototifosi

Oddometer:
    Nice Rig ! Well set up dash. Thanks for the extra effort and info KD.

What NAV app are you using on your phone? Also, how are the USB connections holding out when charging phone etc.. ?
    KayDubbya likes this.
  10. KayDubbya

KayDubbya Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I mostly use OsmAnd for my navigation app as it allows easy display of downloaded GPS tracks as well as recording tracks while riding. It has a very good database of offline maps that can be downloaded for any place on earth (very useful where there's no cell service). I use the Wsken X-cable for powering my devices. It has a magnetic insert that goes into the phone and keeps the vibration from killing the charging ports like a conventional USB cable seems to do on big thumpers.
  11. mototifosi

Oddometer:
    Thanks K-Dub. I assume that OsmAnd uses the phones GPS when no cell coverage? I will look them up..