Dual sport Jersey?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by buddynho, Jun 12, 2019.

1. buddynho

buddynho Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'am looking for a MX style jersey with abrassion resistance when i hit the pavement on my road to/from trail.Is there such a thing?
    Or should i just rely on the fact that i have 5.5 HD pro and 3df shoulder pads ?
  2. SnowMule

SnowMule still learning what is and isn't edible Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    "Adventure Jacket".

MX/offroad gear is designed for impact protection in dirt.
    Street gear is designed for abrasion/sliding protection on pavement.

Dualsport gear is going to be a compromise somewhere... either in protection, or comfort/heat.

How hard are you pushing yourself offroad, vs. commute time/hazards getting there? Figure out where you're willing to take that risk and adjust your gear choices accordingly.

That protection dilemma is why I have a disgusting amount of gear/equipment in the closet.
  3. Plebeian

Plebeian Scruffy-Looking Nerf Herder Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think that a mesh offering gets closest. Lots of air flow, depending on the jacket. Easily as cool as a jersey. Worn over armor. Some abrasion protection when you hit the pavement. Weight and ease of movement would not match a jersey. Some have mentioned the Klim Marrakesh jacket, with stretch material, being comfortable off road... not as airy as mesh, but possibly an option...

There are jerseys that offer some off road abrasion/snag protection, but I haven't seen anything pavement-abrasion resistant.

Something like the Knox Zephyr Pro might work...
  4. buddynho

buddynho Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well i know i'll spend most of the time offroad, thats why i want light MX style jersey.Just wanted some cordura on elbows/shoulders in case i fuck up on the road to that trail.
    There is this jersey Klim Mojave but its more like hit ressistance, and i need something like it but with abrassion resistance.
  5. buddynho

buddynho Adventurer

Oddometer:
    that klim one is nice, i guess its similiar to leatt 5.5 gpx jacket?Could get rid of my 3df elbow pads with that Klim.
  6. CopaMundial

CopaMundial Wow, that broke easy

Oddometer:
    Even if you could find something with abrasion resistance, anything that fits the broad description of a jersey will move around too much to protect you on the street.
    SnowMule likes this.
  7. JoToPe

JoToPe JoToPe

Oddometer:
    Fox Titan Sport Mesh armor or Klim Mojave.
  8. Navy Chief

Navy Chief Long timer

Oddometer:
    MX jersey with a compression suit under it for the armor is as close as you are going to get.
  9. ptgarcia

ptgarcia Huh?

Oddometer:
    ^ This is what I wear, and I add an enduro or adventure jacket on the street and offroad when cold.
  10. Grreatdog

Grreatdog Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The old model Klim Dakar Pro jersey I have is made out Cordura panels on the arms and shoulders and mesh in the body with light armor or really it's padding. It definitely has some abrasion resistance. I typically wear a technical tee shirt of some kind under it because it is not soft or stretchy.

My Mohave Pro doesn't have that level of abrasion resistance but does have the light armor and is way more comfortable. It is soft enough to wear alone. But I would not consider it abrasion resistant for anything except dirt. If I wear it on the street, it is under a mesh jacket.

But my South Carolina hot weather dual sport rig is a Leatt chest protector over or under my Dakar Pro. I wear it like a ultra lightweight mesh jacket. I can't stand compression gear in weather that hot and muggy. The holes flow zero air once I start sweating. I prefer the air channels cut into in a hard chest protector that always move air even if I am pouring sweat.

I have zero experience with the new Klim Tactical Pro. But it claims to made out of stretch Cordura. So maybe it is the best of both of mine. If I didn't already have so much money tied up in the two I have, I would give it a try. They aren't cheap. But I love the ones I have.
    Plebeian likes this.
  11. miken0vf

miken0vf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    see new mosko moto stuff, $$$ though, "enduro touring".... think modular.... base layer, then armour, then abrasion shell on top, remove shell when too hot on trail, while keeping armour on, mx meets bdr
  12. buddynho

buddynho Adventurer

Oddometer:
    nice jacket price kinda high but its like 100$ more than klim traverse
  13. miken0vf

miken0vf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yep, only one youtube vid out so far with a guy during a moto show somewhere. worth a watch to better understand product.

14. buddynho

buddynho Adventurer

Oddometer:
    sick piece tbh
  15. buddynho

buddynho Adventurer

Oddometer:
  16. 6.5x47L

6.5x47L Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Exactly how I plan on doing it on my longer trips... never understood the dual sport mentality on jackets/clothing, i.e. gore-tex as a layer. Base layer, armor, jersey, and abrasion shell if I so desire. I get it that I am missing full on abrasion without the jacket, but the armor covers a lot of contact points.
    miken0vf likes this.