1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Dual Sport Rides

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by flip18436572, Feb 22, 2005.

1. flip18436572

flip18436572 Broke ex-YMCA employee

Oddometer:
    As I have made it back to motorcycles after a 20 year lay off, I am riding a DRZ400S and enjoying street and dirt time, but I am looking for some dual-sport rides in Southwest Iowa area. Does anyone know of anything in the area? I did a search of this forum, but came up with no answers. I don't have a lot of spare time, as I also have two daughter with dirt bikes, so I try to get some riding in with them as well, when I am not at one of their sporting events, or other functions.
  2. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I'm in N.E. Iowa and as far as I can tell there is nothing within the state that is organized. Now, there may be some people who do there own thing or small groups of riders. I'd check around the Omaha area, could be happening there.

Don't know anything about it, but according to websites I've surfed through looks like K.C. area and central southern Missouri have rides.

Most of my riding for D.S., trials and H.S. is confined to northern Illinois, S.W. Wisconsin. Lots of riding around here.

Mike
  3. flip18436572

flip18436572 Broke ex-YMCA employee

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info. I have talked to people in Omaha and they don't have any organized rides, and most are coming to Iowa to ride from what I am being told as the DNR is shutting down some of their places to ride. I will keep looking, and hopefully something will come available or other people may know of something.
  4. 12bridn

12bridn I need throttle therapy

Oddometer:
  5. Red Roadster

Red Roadster Roaming Redneck

Oddometer:
    Howdy neighbor,

I've got a XR650L, there's lots of dirt roads in the area, lemme know when you want to go for a ride. I ain't been here very long, about 8 months, but I ain't skeered of gittin lost and exploring new territory.

I was at the KTM shop in Omaha last week and they gave me a list of places to ride, but they all have membership fees. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you the Ph. #'s.

I'm also thinking about a ride down to south Missouri later this month, lots of national forest there to explore. If you'd like to come along let me know and we'll make a plan.

Steve