Dual sport riding in Nebraska

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by dennis461, Apr 18, 2006.

1. dennis461

dennis461 2-smoke rules

Oddometer:
    Legal DS Riding in Wharton all summer long
    Is there any dual sport riding areas in Eastern Nebraska?
    I'm looking for dirt roads, or narrow trail type riding that would not get me arrested with a street legal bike.
  2. tbirdsp

tbirdsp REMF

Oddometer:
  3. dirtdoc

dirtdoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dennis, there is a group of us in Norht East Ne.,We have been riding and laying out a great set of loups from Royal north and west of Verdigre to the MO. river. great riding and good group of guys. Hey Mike, been getting any riding on the DRZ lately?
  4. judjonzz

judjonzz Beastly

Oddometer:
    I always thought there might be some good riding in there. Got any maps, pics, routesheets, GPS tracks?
  5. tbirdsp

tbirdsp REMF

Oddometer:
    Hey Bill, I totally left you guys out of my above reply. I forgot there's more to northeast Nebraska than Omaha:D I need to get up there sometime. You still having a ride?
    Haven't been doing much riding at all, DRZ or other. New job with no vacation yet and 3-yr-old have been cutting in on my ride time. 3 of my buds from here are heading down to ride some of RL's stuff in AR later this month but I can't go. I am going to a Honda Sport Touring Assn street rally in Wisconsin in May though. I'm hoping to get to whatever kind of ride RL does this fall.
  6. dirtdoc

dirtdoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Mike, everyone forgets about us up here at the edge of the world! We are either planning a trail ride at our riding area or another ride like two weeks ago up north of Royal to the Big Mo. This being this weeekend, all depends if Jack gets healed up wether it will be trail or dual. Jack decided to lay his Transalp down in a mud hole and take a nap.
  7. tbirdsp

tbirdsp REMF

Oddometer:
    Wow, keep me posted. I never heard about the the ride 2 weeks ago or Jack crashing. He's OK?
  8. dirtdoc

dirtdoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey mike, Jack is fine, justed bruised some ribs and caught a lot of shit. E-mail him and tell him you have a windshield you need a crash report on.
  9. tbirdsp

tbirdsp REMF

Oddometer:
    Hey, if you guys dual sport let me know. My tires are too wasted for any serious trail stuff, no time to change them before Sat. I might try to make it up. I need to ride bad! You can e-mail me at tbirdsp@yahoo.com
  10. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    tbirdsp- I need to get out and ride too. Things have been busy, and I have been trying to get into shape for a mountain biking trip I am taking in May. Gimmie a shout if you are headed to the IA hills on a Sat or Sun. Maybe I could try and tag along on my huge wee-strom:evil

Anyone going to the Backroads Touring KS run in June?
  11. tbirdsp

tbirdsp REMF

Oddometer:
    We'll see. Even if I don't get out, watch our Yahoo group, anyone going for a rdie usually posts an announcement there.
    Not sure what I'm doing in June, I'd like to go ride with the KS guys sometime though.
    I'm going to this street ride in WI on May19-21
    http://www.hstatwistar.info/
  12. MULE-Rider 2.0

MULE-Rider 2.0 Innovation Generator

Oddometer:
    Hey! My dad and mom grew up around there. When and where do you guys ride up there?
  13. MULE-Rider 2.0

MULE-Rider 2.0 Innovation Generator

Oddometer:
    I'm in Lincoln/ Bennet, Nebraska and was wondering if anyone knows of any riding groups or any trails 30 to 45 minutes away that would be awesome.