1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Dual Sport Riding Techniques- The DVD!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by neduro, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Motojournalism

Motojournalism motojournalism.com

Oddometer:

I learned a helluva lot from the first DVD. :thumb Any news about the new products? :ear
  2. hilld

hilld riding isn't an addiction

Oddometer:
    Portland, OR - raingear or web feet required
    Just ordered mine (techniques and advanced techniques), the "advrider" code still works. :clap

Thanks,

looking forward to some learnin'.

Derek
  3. inmate-n00b

inmate-n00b Ciao, Marco

Oddometer:
    nice dvds. :clap
    i only wish there was a convenient place to go offroad in MD where I can practice. i can still do figure 8's in parking lots, though.

btw, you look like ron howard's brother, clint howard:

[​IMG]

:D
  4. Region Riley

Region Riley rally kit widow

Oddometer:

:nah

[​IMG]
  5. neduro

neduro Addict

Oddometer:
    That picture makes me look like I'm a cop. :lol3
  6. neduro

neduro Addict

Oddometer:
    It's Dakar season, the best time of the year!

Enter the coupon code "advdakar" for 10% off from now until the end of the race.

Go Jonah!
  7. inmate-n00b

inmate-n00b Ciao, Marco

Oddometer:
    I went for my first trail ride on my new f800gs and I was able to get some good practice and use the techniques from the dvds. Those figure 8's I did in the parking lot really helped.

But I’m having problems remaining stable while in a standing position and accelerating. I keep getting thrown back. I’m supposed to keep my hips in front of the pegs, correct? When my hips are in front of the pegs, are my feet supposed to be flat across the pegs or pivoted so the toes point down? I tried gripping the tank with my legs, but this does not prevent me from moving backwards. Holding onto the handlebars detracts from using the controls.

thx :freaky
  8. pyrate

pyrate Walking the plank

Oddometer:
    Anyone enlist you for dual sport riding training for the Overland Expo in Arizona in April?
  9. neduro

neduro Addict

Oddometer:
    The key is that your hips move relative to the pegs as you accelerate or decelerate, climb or descend.

So, if you are accelerating softly, your hips will be slightly in front of the pegs so that you remain in balance. If you are decelerating softly, your hips would be slightly behind. If you accelerate hard, your hips will be far in front of the pegs, a position that can be difficult to achieve on the F800. If you use a tankbag, this can also be in the way of achieving a neutral position.

Marc Coma does this very beautifully, if you watch footage of him from the Dakar Rally (happening right now) you'll see how he moves front and back, conserving energy, not having to hold the bars too tight, always able to deal with the terrain as it comes.

A drill you can try in a parking lot is to stand up while accelerating for 20', then braking for 20', then accelerating again. Start very softly at first, and try to find the balance point so that your weight is always going down into your feet with minimal pull or push thru your hands on the bars. As you get better, you can accelerate harder and lean further forward, and brake harder/ lean further back.

I hope that helps and makes sense...

:ricky
  10. neduro

neduro Addict

Oddometer:
    I wish I could! It's a bad time of year for me, I have a standing commitment elsewhere.
  11. pyrate

pyrate Walking the plank

Oddometer:
    But we have so many questions!! :y0!HA!! Well, maybe someday either your scheduled or there's will change. :waysad

Thanks for the discount. Order is placed!

12. tmotten

tmotten Lefthand ride Dutchy

Oddometer:
    I'll give that a go. Also suffer the same difficulty. I ride a DRZ400 in the trails and once rode a mate's TE310 ball tearer (think it was the 310, ball tearer for sure). Just couldn't move my hips forward fast enough. As soon as I turned the throttle up the thing just blasts away instantly and resulted in my holding on with all the power my hand could cope with. Can get away with it on the DRZ, but still takes a lot of concentration.
  13. modette

modette TrailTaker.com

Oddometer:
    Yep I placed my order today and did the 10% code. I saw the first video in a mystical way, and it was well made but did not really have new information for me...but it was so well done I figured I buy the Advanced Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVD.
  14. modette

modette TrailTaker.com

Oddometer:
    Any plan for a Clinic here in Colorado Springs?
  15. B.Curvin

B.Curvin Feral Chia Tamer

Oddometer:
    Question for you Ned. I just turned forty and I've been riding since the age of six. Currently I have 6 bikes (street, dirt and dual sport) and I won a WERA championship in my first and only year of racing (2006). Can I skip to the second video or should I get them both?

Thanks,
  16. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    As stated and not often enough in Robbinsville, NC
    Former roadracer as well. AMA, FIM, AMA-CCS, AAMRR, WERA, etc.

Dirt's different - get both. I'm glad I did. :D
  17. Jick Magger

Jick Magger Exile on Main Street

Oddometer:
    Okanagan Valley BC, Canada/Scottsdale, Arizona
    Ok I also tried to check out with paypal and wouldn't accept discount code. Looking to buy 4 dvd's. Will you ship for free? PM sent.. thanks
  18. ok64

ok64 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ned,

Is there a discount coupon if I order both riding techn. DVDs?

Thanks.
  19. neduro

neduro Addict

Oddometer:
    YES there is! I'd been meaning to do an advrider deal, so here goes!

N2Dakar2012 will give you 15% off your order of $15 or more, until after I finish the last stage on January 15, 2012.

Enjoy!
  20. XFrog

XFrog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the ADVRIDER discount, I just placed my order for the DVD set! :thumbup

Looking forward to learning more for next season. Good luck at Dakar!

XFrog