Dualsport around Lake Tahoe

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - West & PNW' started by Shine13, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Shine13

Shine13 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm trying to plan a dual sport ride around lake tahoe, hitting as much dirt as possible. Has anyone tracked a similar ride, that would be willing to share the GPX files? I have some pretty epic, multi day dual sport GPX files I’d be willing to trade if you wanted.

- Ben
  2. bilmunson

bilmunson Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ProLeisure likes this.
  3. Shine13

Shine13 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That’s awesome. Thanks! I’ve been to Pine Nuts a few times, but need to explore more. Do you know if there are any dirt roads you can link together to do a loop in the mountains around Lake Tahoe? I couldn’t find any of those tracks on gpx exchange.
  4. renogeorge

renogeorge Let's ride!!

Oddometer:
    Nothing that I know of other than a few short sections with significant pavement in between....On the NV side you can get from Spooner to Kingsbury. At the north end you can pop over the hill to Truckee and loop back around to Verdi. But nothing I can think of that would be a nice clean loop around the Lake. Maybe expand out a little Kingbury to Spooner, down Kings Canyon to Carson City, across 395 and into the hills around Virginia City, then to Verdi on pavement, dirt up Dog Valley and around to Truckee, over the hill into Carnelian Bay area.....