Dualsportplus

Discussion in 'Canada' started by waterlilly, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waterlilly

waterlilly No Agenda World Tour

Oddometer:
    If you go to our home Web page, www.dualsportplus.com you will see the seminar list up. Lots of great door prize have been donated, and did I mention the BBQ, last year we again ran out of sauges. So this year we have 272.
    Get them well supplies last. :D
  2. BlackBeast

BlackBeast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wouldn't you believe it, take my bike out for the season this past weekend and find out that my Oxford grips aren't working anymore. I obviously don't have the receipt so not sure where I purchased them from. After a quick call to Cathy, find out that in fact they were purcashed from DSP and after speaking with Les, no questions asked - send the control unit in for a replacement. Always good to know that DSP care about their customers and continue with their great customer service.
    Thank you Catherine and Les.
  3. Puddle

Puddle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you DSP for a great day today!
  4. waterlilly

Oddometer:
    No words can express how we felt yesterday, it was a tad on the cold side
    But it was dry, and the riders rode. And folks drove from far and wide,
    And two folks flew in from NB. How cool is that ? ADV cool in my books.
    A
    Note of Thank You to "broken tooth" for the Epic Adventure video presentation
    (Oliver was paid DSP Style) enjoy the smokies dude! Along with the pop:)
    A big Thank You to the Motonation Canada rep for hosting the woman seminar
    Shawna your a life saver.
    Fullbore Marketing for show casing SW Motech Canada, and bags connections
    Motovan : had Spot seminar and some awesome new light kits.
    Once again the new CCM was on display and the buzz was on
    Held rep was in house with a great selection of gloves.
    Klim apparel is alway a big hit to.
    Today weather is looking fantastic and the Spring Kick Off ride departs
    The store front at 10:00 am sharp.
    Lead by Lawrence Hacking www.overlandadventurerally.com
    I will sign off with once again saying Les & I are truly thankful for all
    The support and friendship from the Adv community.
    Cheers
    Catharine & Les
    ps: thanks Dr Cool for talking to Mother Nature for me. We miss you.
  5. bwokentoof

bwokentoof Pollyanna Man

Oddometer:
    Thanks Les, Cath et al for a great time! I can't stop thinking about how gorgeous that CCM would look all road brine/salt crusted.
  6. waterlilly

Oddometer:
    To: Dual Sport Plus Customers and friends.
    We would like to take this opportunity to send a note to everyone who has supported Dualsportplus over the past six years.
    This was a completely new adventure for both Les and myself. When we started this little hobby back in March of 2008, we started off in the front section of a small storefront. We had a handful of “Farlkes” and a bit of apparel.
    Over the years we have become friends with many customers-some are almost family. Les and I have been blessed with meeting some amazing folk who have travelled the world. We never anticipated that our little hobby would expand our circle or grow to the size that it has.
    This past year has been a struggle. We had the opportunity to meet many travellers again and here so many amazing tales. Then it hit us. We were no longer having fun, and it had become hard work. Something in our hearts was telling us it is time, to wind down.
    When we mentioned to a few friends we were looking to retire and sell, an offer came in, but as time passed our legal team knew this first deal would not pan out. We had a feeling these guys just weren’t right for what the store had to offer. They lacked the passion. Then a few weeks later our doorbell rang. In walked a young fellow with dreams and Aspirations of he and his brothers owning our business. We chatted and made the decision that these lads were the real deal. They were Les only younger & stronger. Les and I were happy to introduce to our customers to the new Dream team that we thought would take Dual Sport Plus to new business professional level. But it was not to be.
    Legal documents were signed and they were to take the reins in December on Friday 13th, 2013. Sadly the trio did not show up to take keys. There was no activity to open the doors to the new business they seemed so enthusiastic to take over.
    Absolutely no explanation was given.
    It left Les and I crushed, devastated beyond belief. Our bikes were packed and ready to ride.
    Customers/friends started to come by to say farewell and congrats to the new owners. Les had to be taken home as he was mentally and physical in distress.
    But as I went home that night on the bus, some thing hit me. We still had a house. We still had friends. Most of all we still had each other, and health. I was determined to make it through this. As few friends sent text, I replied trying to explain what happen.
    A friend in the industry called and told me that we would survive this- we had to if we were going to be world travellers. As he said, we would come across situations on the road that could be much more devastating or difficult to deal with.
    Christmas was two weeks away so we set out to enjoy it with a few friends and family. They helped us get through a rough period.
    As 2014 started to roll in we made a pack: to build Dual Sport up to where it once was. And that is what we did.
    But it has come now to make the decision to wind down and let our dreams take over. We are making plans for the No Agenda World Tour”
    With heavy hearts we announce the “Big Dual Sport Plus” Retirement Sale It will start Wednesday April 30th until our doors close on Saturday June 21st 2014.
    Thank you again. We could not have accomplished what we did without you. Now we will enter the next phase of our lives.
    Sincerely
    Les Clarke & Catharine St Denis.
  7. Slowphil

Slowphil Big Man in a very very small pond

Oddometer:
    That's really too bad Catharine, I wish things had turned out a little better for you but now is the chance to do what you want and go travel. I wish you many happy kilometers and hope that your trip is as fufilling and awe inspiring as mine was!:clap

Cheers Philip (hope to see you here on the east coast this summer)
  8. Emmbeedee

Emmbeedee Procrastinators

Oddometer:
    So sorry to hear things didn't work out as you'd hoped. I never made it to the store, but all my orders were handled so well that I know you'll be very hard to replace.

Best wishes to you and Les.
  9. intotheabis

intotheabis High on life!

Oddometer:
    Real sorry to hear that Catherine.
    Most understanable though.
    I want to wish you and Les all the best in your future endevours.
    I will miss my casual stop ins to chat.
  10. KLRARP

KLRARP Lookin for a way out

Oddometer:
    Wow, this is a surprise, but its also time for you 2 to celebrate. Its certainly not failing or being defeated. You both have done something that many, many wouldn't have had the courage to do. Starting a business is scary. You did it and did it well. Congratulations! Now its time to turn the page and live for yourselves. No shame in that whatsoever.:clap
    Carpe diem and don't look back!

cheers,
  11. Fatallybitten

Fatallybitten Slow and getting slower Supporter

Oddometer:
    Les/Cath, I am sad to hear you are shutting down DSP but I know how difficult it has been for you the past four months after the deal died and left you hanging. I hope the wind down goes smoothly and that you get to point the bikes south in the near future. All the best on your retirement. David
  12. BackRoader

BackRoader Life Is A Hiway, Ride It.

Oddometer:
    Get out there and have fun you guys!

"[ : Don't forget to post photos, otherwise how do we know it never happened!]" the Pifflemaster!!!
  13. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Bon Voyage! Stoked your hitting the road, may I offer up my place as your first stop...fridge is full and door is always open :thumb
  14. QCRider

QCRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cath, I'm glad I got to see you and Les last week. I wish I had known about the situation then. If/when you head down South and need anything while in Costa Rica, please do not hesitate to contact me. Best of luck on your new adventure!
  15. IJM

IJM Hinderant Backbenderz

Oddometer:
    Les/Cath - over the years I have driven out to DSP and ordered on line, happy to support such nice people with my business.

Thank you and all the best in your future endeveours.

Ivan
  16. Pay Dirt

Pay Dirt panning the web

Oddometer:
    The gravel is fresh and the stakes are old and the beer is cold!!!
    See you two soon up our way!
    Congratulations on a difficult decision but the future is bright- don' t forget your sunglasses!!

PD
  17. BlackBeast

BlackBeast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tough decision, but once on the road you'd be glad that you made it. Live in the now, and enjoy your ride. Hope to come by before you close the doors.
  18. Lornce

Lornce Lost In Place

Oddometer:
    Enjoy your travels, you two.

:thumb
  19. ArthDuro

ArthDuro quarantined

Oddometer:
    Though decision to make and I know how much the whole community will miss you guys.
    However its about time you two did something for yourselves.

Here's to happy travels full of unforgetable adventures.

I hope to see you before the doors shut.
  20. Timo Explorer

Timo Explorer Trail Wizard

Oddometer:
    Ride On, Ride Safe, Ride Well.

Safe journey ahead for both of you. Thanks for all your help to me and our small community of lunatics over the years.:freaky
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.