Ducati MTS1200 Enduro Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by TBR, Jun 25, 2016.

1. TBR

TBR One Life ~ Live It...

Oddometer:
    Ducati MTS1200 Enduro Owners ~ bring it on, make the thread some great source of knowledge, tragedy and humor.... 'nuff said....
    BeantownBoy and x7821 like this.
  2. baybueller

baybueller Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    well I will jump in. Got mine about a month ago and have 1600 miles on it.
    Put the low seat on the other day and think I will go back to stock. comfort is more important than the minor difference in ground reach.
    The 19 in. wheel and taller stance make it a bit slower in switch backs than a Strada but I am not worried about lap times .
    All in all, really liking the bike and going 300 miles before thinking about gas is a bonus.
    Can't speak to the offroad as I'm still waiting for the enduro kit . as tall and heavy as it is, a slipped foot tip over at 0 mph is inevitable at some point and I want crash bars first.
    Cheers.
    Moby1 likes this.
  3. uspspro

uspspro Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got mine, just a few days ago. A bit slower handling than my old Hyperstrada, but way better suspension and very stable/solid feeling 100% of the time. On some of the rougher twisties I like to run on, I reckon the Enduro is quicker, due to the suspension. Rough backroads had me bottoming the Hyper both F & R suspension (unless set to super stiff.. and that's with the cartridges I added). The DVT motor is perfect, and I haven't even taken it to top revs yet. I'm only 5'7" and while the height/weight are definitely "on-my-mind" at stop lights, it doesn't seem all that bad.
  4. uspspro

uspspro Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm going to get some Anakee Wild for trips with more dirt, but use the scorpion trail 2 most of the time.
  5. DucSyd

DucSyd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi, Had mine for about a month now. Got the the first service out of the way now. I brought it with the tour pack, and fitted the enduro pack ( all the guards) and the low seat as I am only 5'5", not convinced also if it is a good move time will tell.

I have a number of nice Ducati's but had a GS 800 for 4 years as my " adventure tour bike" mainly to do long rides and go through the dirt roads to avoid the numerous speed traps we now have.

I love Ducat's so jumped in straight away when I heard this was coming out.

It is a big bike for sure, however, it really is so incredible to ride you quickly forget about that. The 160 HP desmoquattro engine with the variable valve timing is a revelation in usually bland adventure bike's and with the engine modes and adaptive electronic suspension it so far has far exceeded all expectations.

I have had a few small off road rides and very happy with that compared to my GS. I am getting ready now for my first large ride in 2 weeks, in mid winter, out into the western outback of Australia. Let you all know how it goes. I will be in the company of BMW GS's and Honda Africa Twins.

Oh, and I never thought I would need 500k plus fuel range, and this was my first bike with cruise control, both now are great to have when you are planning your next adventure.

Great bike Ducati.
    Fearless Whetu and CBejbl like this.
  6. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Following this thread; my local dealer needs to move some inventory before month end, so I might just be a new owner in a day or two.
  7. zedXform

zedXform Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well let's see how this goes... just left a Multistrada GT with the dealer and brought a white Enduro home. I think riding it home through hail is a good omen!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Assfault and Sock Monkey like this.
  8. jeepjake01

jeepjake01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Have 2000miles on mine and headed to Montana on the 8th of July should be close to a 4000 mile trip. Hoping my enduro pack comes in beforehand, dealer tells me it has been shipped. Getting the passenger comfort seat should be here in a day or two.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
  9. CBejbl

CBejbl Long timer

Oddometer:

Have been considering doing the very same. Thinking of the red one.
  10. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    Asking this here, as it appears that by EOD I'll be the owner of one of these beasts.

Has anyone installed some RAM-B-367 mounts on the handlebar mount yet? I have done this on other bikes and it works great for quick mounting accessories.

Just wondering if the bolt sizes on the Enduro are compatible with the RAM supplied bolts.
  11. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    Another thought; I know that there are two power outlets already on the bike; one at the cockpit and one in the tail. Total amperage for these outlets is rather low, however; fine enough for accessories like a GPS, but not enough to power heated gear which requires 15A.

So, looking to provide power on the left side of the bike near the seat, which I will wire directly to the battery and fuse for a 15A load.

I typically wire an SAE or coaxial power cable to this area; just wondering if anyone has installed a Powerlet style socket in the gap that is just below the color panel. I am not sure, but it appears that there might be room enough to attach a socket to the trellis frame at this point.
  12. uspspro

uspspro Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Eventually, once everyone has experimented with the bike a bit, it would be great to see how people are changing the riding modes.

I reduced the preload in sport mode by 2 clicks, still haven't tried it out much since changing it.
    Also in sport mode I changed the DWC to level 1. :ricky
    edzt likes this.
  13. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    Notice any changes from level 2?
    jdoiv likes this.
  14. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    And while I'm here, another "have you" for the group.

Anyone yet tried to connect a Sena 20S to the Enduro via Bluetooth?
    Orcaman likes this.
  15. uspspro

uspspro Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I connected my older Sena... not sure what I actually gained by doing so.
    Craneguy likes this.
  16. uspspro

uspspro Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Haven't tried yet, but will tomorrow.
  17. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    I assumed that you would get track information and perhaps some controls via the interface, but I could be totally off base.
  18. Moby1

Moby1 Jumps before thinking

Oddometer:
    I have connected the Sena 20s and it is seamless, connects quickly and is very cool to see both what is playing and who is calling when the phone is connected on the dash. A little anoying to have to scroll through and start the player every time as the default always goes to other functions. Have not quite figured out how to control volume from the hand controls yet but the 20s functions are easy enough all the functions witht he Ducati Media system and 20s makes for redundant systems.

As for the suspension, i am a fairly agressive rider and have stiffened all settings in all riding modes. I did expect this after two demo rides at the premier events. Although i am 6'3" and 240lbs so it is pretty standard for me to stiffen up the boingers.

Yeah the bike is a little top heavy but easy to control and with all the adjustments to make it fit ergonomically are amazing. Never had a bike that fits so well right out of the box! The power, there are not words, Pick a hole in traffic and jump in.
  19. DucSyd

DucSyd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone installed a GPS yet? Do we just use the GPS for the standard Multistrada? Where is the best location for it.

Thanks for the info on the Sena, I am getting one of those.

Also, I use my different modes all the time, and I have stiffened min up in Sport mode, and softened in enduro mode. I am only 70Kgs ( 145 pounds). Did I say I love this bike? Still can't believe I flick a switch and have a 160 HP desmoquattro.

Sorry for all the questions. Who is contemplating the full termi exhaust? Mine sounds nice now, so I am reluctant to do this on this Ducati as I don't want it way too loud for long rides.

Thanks all
  20. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    Moby1, thanks for the information on the 20S.

DucSyd, I plan on using my Garmin Montana; I have RAM mounts for it and move it from bike to bike; I thought about the dedicated GPS system for the Multi but it does not make sense (for me) as I already have a GPS that's adequate to the task.

Regarding the Termi exhaust; on my 1098 I had a Termi slip-on system, then later the full Termi race set up including the headers. It sounded incredible. However, it was loud, especially on longer rides (which I expect on the Multi) and I'm getting past the need for loud, so I'm not really considering replacing the stock exhaust (at this time.)