Ducati MTS1200 Enduro Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by TBR, Jun 25, 2016.

1. dkoGoes

dkoGoes n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the response. Do you know your inseam measurement?

The 1260 Enduro is supposedly a little lower than the 1200 Enduro with a lower center of gravity (860 mm seat height vs 870 on the old ones) with an optional low seat at 840 mm.

I doubt that I'll be able to get both feet down at the same time. It would be nice - but as long as I can get a foot down when stopping, I should be okay. I still have good knees and strong calves.
  2. slipknot

slipknot Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can only add this as I do not have the 1260E. I've always had bikes that are bigger, wider and taller than me and I'm very comfortable with one foot planted and the other either on the brake or at the gear selector. Regardless of the situation, steep hillsides, in city, gravel, mud, turning, whatever. Once accustomed to the low speed throttle response and the motor characteristics I make the bike do what I want it to do. If I could only do the same with money I would grab the same bike and take a long, long ride.

One idea I have pondered is a seat that can very rapidly inflate and deflate as a rider chooses when transitioning from riding to maneuvering. Two inches would make a big difference. I'm sure this can be done if someone with the source for a small pump and bladder. Maybe insert one of the Air Hawk cushions into a seat with most foam removed and attach a tire pump. Just an idea for those that like to tinker.

Back to your new bike, best of luck to you. I can't imagine a more fun enduro/adventure bike to won.
  3. mattjusthappened

mattjusthappened n00b

Oddometer:
    Same dimensions, inseam and all. Maybe closer to 5’10” but def getting shorter unfortunately. I’m on a MTSE 1200. Tippy toes with the standard seat put the low seat and feels much better. Still a brute, but you get used to it quickly. Once it’s moving. Don’t even know it’s there.

Been up to Rawhyde ranch with it too. Def doesn’t fall as gracefully as BMWs did/do. First purchase should def be bark busters. Trust me on this on! I’m on the second set.

Also have a ‘16 Monster 821. Standard seat high setting. After riding the MTSE. I feel like I could play hacky sack with it.

Ps... there’s a FB group for just these bikes with loads of info that’s easily searchable.
  4. dkoGoes

dkoGoes n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I'm actually in Germany at the moment - moving to LA area next month, which is why I'm looking at ADV bikes. More (and slower) highway miles and off-road opportunities. I've been happy touring the back-roads of Europe on the Monster. I plan on keeping it for the canyons and city and using the ADV for long hauls. Already planning a trip from LA to Deadhorse, Ak next year.

Thanks. I like your idea. Airbag suspension for your ass - might be worth some $$$ if you get it working.
  5. mattjusthappened

mattjusthappened n00b

Oddometer:
    Nice. I’m in Orange County. Just South. Use the Monster the same way. Perfect combo. Send me a message when you get in town.

Also, not sure if you’re dead set on the 1260 E but these 1200 E are being sold cheap. My NEW ‘17 Touring package was $7k off. No freight or setup. Just tax!
  6. dkoGoes

dkoGoes n00b

Oddometer:
    I'll definitely try to ride both before I drop the cash. I'm leaning more toward the 1260 at the moment, but money does matter. Any tips for which dealerships to deal with or avoid?
  7. Deathsoswiftly

Deathsoswiftly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    34 inch inseam and I was wearing clarks desert boots. I would be able to comfortably flat foot the bike if I was wearing proper pants. Otherwise, the 1200 enduro is definitely taller than an f800gs, ktm950, r1200gsa. Also it seemed to me that the suspension on the enduro doesn't have as much sag as most adventure bikes.
  8. mattjusthappened

mattjusthappened n00b

Oddometer:
  9. mattjusthappened

mattjusthappened n00b

Oddometer:
    Sent you a PM
  10. bitoy

bitoy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys, trying to find a video on how to remove the enduro tank, my fuel sensor failed and plan to change it . any links to follow thanks in advance
  11. Gmc28

Gmc28 Gmower

Oddometer:
    Mattjusthappend.....Think those riding pants and that fleetwood mac jacket will catch on with the ADV crowd?
    mattjusthappened likes this.
  12. Hardwrkr

Hardwrkr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone prefer the Enduro 1200 to the regular MS1200S for mainly road riding? I'm just pondering the extra range with the tank could be nice and the wire wheels look great. Bit heavier but still looks lime it'll go through the twisties nicely.
  13. Gmc28

Gmc28 Gmower

Oddometer:
    Enduro handles great, and in no way have i been disappointed by its handling, personally.
    That said, no question for me that the regular MS1200 handles better on the tarmac. 17" wheel, and whatever other magic factors involved make the MS the easy winner in that category.
    But the enduro arguably has a little more comfortable ride, and unarguably has the longer range, and still handles nice for a multi-use bike.
    Hardwrkr likes this.
  14. speedkelly

speedkelly Adventurer

Oddometer:

You can hustle pretty fast on the Enduro. Pretty easy to get the tires over to the edges. All depends on your riding skills. Best suited to tighter slow speed corners. Big fast sweepers are not so great, note in the tighter stuff its a bit of a work out throwing the bike from side to side. Its no sport bike, but it has decent power and handling. Like I mentioned before depends on your skill level. I use to road race, have no problems showing up sport riders on the street with less skills. Its a pretty good do it all bike, just that the damn cat gives off so much heat in the summer. Can be fixed with a de-cat link pipe. Otherwise its just a more comfortable, taller Multistrada that will handle fire roads better than the Standard model, with a larger gas tank. Personally the looks have really grown on me. I dig the ugly duck styling now.
    Hardwrkr likes this.
  15. Goss

Goss LC8 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had a 2012 Pikes Peak before the Enduro Pro. The PP Multi had the Öhlins and 17” wheels so sport touring was truly it’s thing. The smallish fuel tank on the PP I did not like when on trips. I think the Enduro while heavy as all the other big adv bikes are is a good compromise. Love the large fuel capacity. I do not regret making the switch.
    Hardwrkr and GunZenBomZ like this.
  16. Hardwrkr

Hardwrkr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks all. Dealer gave m a very attractive price on a low mile 16 1200S Touring so I scooped it today. I also have a sportbike/track background and had no issues humbling sport riders on my 750lb bagger this is replacing so I'm sure I'll love it. I am 5'10" and with a passenger I wanted to be able to get my feet down on both sides so the Enduro wasn't the best fit for me (plus I doubt I'll ever go offroad anyways so lighter is better).
    BobcatSig likes this.
  17. mwhite5471

mwhite5471 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ENDURO = 265 miles of as fast as you can go...till you need to start thinking about gas.

Love mine...which is my 13th bike...waiting for Claudio to make the V4 a thing :D
  18. SebasSF

SebasSF Adventurer

Oddometer:
  19. sierrastone

sierrastone Adventurer

Oddometer:

First water crossing on the MTSE
  20. Gmc28

Gmc28 Gmower

Oddometer:
    Looks like sebasSF’s bike already sold... hopefully good for him and some new owner.

But description says it has a Delkavic exhaust. Have I been living under a rock? What’s delkavic, and can the prices I see online for their stuff be real, and are they making decent quality stuff?
    Maybe I’m missing something, but prices look way too good to be true, unless it’s junk.