Ducati MTS1200 Enduro Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by TBR, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Gmc28

Gmc28 Gmower

Oddometer:
    oh, and ps, i see now you asked for "details"...i guess i can provide model numbers if thats what you want, if i can dig that info up.
  2. Ishai

Ishai Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the detailed info...am considering a 14 -1200, and if I get it may consider these cases- they appear much skinnier then the factory cases which that bike has...
  3. Gmc28

Gmc28 Gmower

Oddometer:
    they are definitely skinnier, but still quite functional for me. They easily hold my little work brief case for commuting, or my tent + camp pad + other gear. top case of course is most handy, partly because it will hold my modular helmet, but in my opinion its also the ugliest...
  4. Gmc28

Gmc28 Gmower

Oddometer:
    Curiosity question for anyone who may have experience with this:
    my bike runs smooth every morning when i fire it up, and pretty much the whole time on that first run of the day. But when i crank it up at lunch out in the parking lot, it often will hesitate a bit, and not run totally smooth for the first half minute or so, then usually fine again.
    Yesterday, same thing, running a bit rough as i pulled out of the lot, and for the first time as i decelerated for a stop, it quit. Weird. started right back up, and then within half a minute was all normal again.
    These days with emissions standards for the ECU's, its not unusual to have some mild bad behavior like that on bikes. But have any of who may have had the same kind of symptoms had success by doing an ECU tune via Rexxer or any of the others?
    I may or may not mod the exhaust this winter, which would then for sure get me to pursue the ECU tune change, but wondering what others experience with this has been. (my old oilhead BMW had that same hesitation for years, then a device that "tricked" the ECU came out and cured that beautifully... just wondering if someone has found that for the Enduro)
  5. CollinsB

CollinsB Long timer

Oddometer:
    I may have missed the answer to another posters question; ..."Does anyone do there own maintenance, (air filter, oil, valve adjust, etc.)" ?
  6. GMM

GMM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mine started acting like that and stalled also a month ago, but has been running fine ever since. It seemed to sort itself out. I chalked it up to sitting for a while with maybe some questionable gas.
  7. Gmc28

Gmc28 Gmower

Oddometer:
    Yep.
  8. Redoubt

Redoubt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can someone tell me what is the cost to do the valve inspection? How easy is it for diy maintenance?
  9. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Cost will vary by dealer. As for DIY, it depends on how comfortable you are with that sort of work.
  10. HeavyNfast

HeavyNfast n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello all, I have a Ducati Superman suit as my uncle always calls it. Ducati Enduro jacket, pants & body armor. All for $750. Like new condition, hardly even worn. Knee guards available too. Klim Krios Karbon helmet for $400, also like new. PM if interested. 20190822_163604.jpg 20190822_163614.jpg 20190822_164024.jpg 20190923_174846.jpg
  11. HeavyNfast

HeavyNfast n00b

Oddometer:
    It's likely the DVT figuring out where the valve timing should be. Mine has done that since day 1 and the shop says it's normal for the DVT motor as it wakes up then smooths out.
  12. Bradbm

Bradbm Adventurer

Oddometer:
    After my first trip with my 2017, I had a similar problem. The bike wasn't fuelling quite right and it would stall every time I decelerated to a stop. Turned out to be a faulty crank position sensor. Bike has been flawless otherwise in 16,000 km FWIW.
    bobw likes this.
  13. Gmc28

Gmc28 Gmower

Oddometer:
    Thx bradbm and heavynfast....
    At this point it’s just a live-with-it thing, as it’s not a big deal nor does it bug me much. But always looking for tweaks to improve, so will keep the CPS in mind, though I assume if mine was bad I’d have worse symptoms.
    Variable valve timing issue is an interesting notion. Have to chew on that.
    Ciao
  14. Squatch UpNorth

Squatch UpNorth Frozen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looking seriously at an 18 Enduro Pro.

Will be my 1st Duc. Anything to be overly concerned about? MY Last adv bike was a 2009 GSA.

THANKS!
  15. Goss

Goss LC8 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have had my Enduro Pro for slightly more than a year now. Once Ducati fixed the oil leak she has been a good ride. It will be a huge difference from your previous GSA in the performance area. Weight is there but the suspension seems to handle it well for my size at 190lbs. Some bigger riders have explored stiffer springs I think. I also installed a smoked Puig windshield about 2” taller than the shorty screen that comes on it which made a big difference for me in turbulence.

Attached Files:

Squatch UpNorth likes this.
  16. pooneej

pooneej Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've had my Multi enduro pro for almost 2 months now and came from a 2005 GS. It is way more powerful. lusty sounding. I am loving it so far.
    It doesnt seem to have the aftermarket support like the GS's have but I'm ok with that. Also it *seems* the GS's have a little bit higher level of refinement. Again, I'm ok with that. I wanted a moto that I dont see often so this is perfect. :) And yes its quite capable as I've been finding out.
    bobw likes this.
  17. speedkelly

speedkelly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I also came from a 2007 GSA, had my regular Multi Enduro for over 2 years now, over 10,000 miles. No problems. Runs and rides great. Fun toy to have, not seen another one on the road in the two years that I have had her.
    CollinsB likes this.
  18. CollinsB

CollinsB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Considering a Multistrada Enduro myself .. currently on an 07' GSA. The GSA has been super solid, just an awesome bike, however just seeking a change
    bobw likes this.
  19. -E-

-E- Klaatu barada nikto Supporter

Oddometer:
    There are a bunch of GS guys looking around here. Mine is an 07gsa.

Need to read through the thread but I have the same question I see above. If I can split a GS can I handle a valve adjust and belt change on a Duc? Lining up dots on pulleys doesn't sound too tough.

Went to the local BMW dealer. Looked around for an hour and sat on several bikes. No one had time to talk to me. Went to the Ducati dealer. The guy there was talking test ride after a few minutes. Seemed to fit me well on the floor.
    bobw likes this.
  20. CollinsB

CollinsB Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is my concern also. As well as the electronic BS and an occasional key / no start issue. The GSA is manageable for a novice mechanic to service...the Duc I'm not sure.