Ducati MTS1200 Enduro Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by TBR, Jun 25, 2016.

1. seahouse34

seahouse34 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This bike is blowing me away. After previously owning a '15 1200S I pulled the trigger on the '19 1260E and cant believe how capable this thing is. I rode it 400 miles to pick up down in Houston and today loaded it with at least 70 lbs in equipment plus another rider and went to the track. Took the bags off and dropped the tires down to turn some laps. It was passing Superbikes.

[​IMG]

Short track clip:
    https://i.imgur.com/FDsKhzE.mp4
  2. Dannyw85

Dannyw85 n00b

Oddometer:
    I recently got the same isseu with the saddle. Tried cleaning it to, but it didn't help. Do you have the standard seat, I have the comfort seat on the bike.
    My bike stands mostly outside, only in winter time it stand indoors.
    Please keep me updated on what Ducati's responds is?
  3. StoicDude

StoicDude n00b

Oddometer:
    I have the standard seat.
  4. bitoy

bitoy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys trying the search engine can't find any link on how to remove the front and rear wheels , Nut size ? any special tools , would appreciate a link or video not a mechanical guy here. thank you.
  5. speedkelly

speedkelly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No special tools required for the Enduro. Quick tip, it's easier and less chance of you scratching your front wheel rim if you remove the front calipers first before removing the front wheel, just use some wire or a bungee to support them out of the way. Back wheel is pretty straight forward. With the bikes center stand makes the job really painless.
  6. speedkelly

Oddometer:
    Seahouse34... O that poor suffering rear shock. Looks like you are taking full advantage of the Enduro to the max.

I miss my bike already.

Inattentive 85 year old driver did this to me on Sunday May 3rd :-( Pulled out from a side street without looking. My insurance company is most likely going to total it.

Lessons learned, ATGATT always. BMW Rallye suit is pretty good for 15MPH side on crashes into Chevy Blazers and short mid-air flying W. If you look in the upper left hand corner of the street view, you can just about make out the dents my knee and bike made into the rear quarter panel of the SUV. Ouch my poor knee! Just did not have enough time to stop or get around the back of the vehicle, bummer. Be safe out there people. Probably going to get another Enduro, makes for a great all rounder.

Attached Files:

7. bitoy

bitoy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Noted on the front Wheels.
    On the rear it's only the axle I have to remove ?
    I can leave the rear calipers in place?
    No bushings or spacers that might fall off ? On the wheels
  8. ptc05ADV

ptc05ADV Looking for adventure Supporter

Oddometer:
    Eastern Ontario, great roads & lots of deer
    Enduro rear wheel is a snap to remove and adjust...
  9. StoicDude

StoicDude n00b

Oddometer:
    Looks like a 29mm front, 36 mm rear. Might be 35 if somebody wants to confirm.
  10. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    For some odd reason, this latest video from Project Farm made me think of you, Jay.

11. HeavyNfast

HeavyNfast Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mine turned sticky and developed an odor after it was baking outside for 3 months waiting for a worn cylinder/airbox issue fix.
  12. StoicDude

StoicDude n00b

Oddometer:
    There is an odor too. Kind of weird to admit that one.

Did Ducati take care of it? Not sure what the issue with the airbox was and if you or Ducati was fixing it.
    I m just surprised that there is even an issue like this. Like I said, never happened on any other motorcycle I've owned.
  13. seahouse34

seahouse34 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The suspension was actually very very good. I think the tires and huge front wheel were the primary sticking points.

This accident looks like a bad time. Glad youre okay and the suit did its job! It looks like the bike did pretty well too all things considered.
  14. Mamay

Mamay n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi All!

I'm newbie here.
    Sending greetings to everyone from Russia.
    Upgraded this Year my bike from a small sister 950.

IMG_3722.jpg

Spent 1.5 K Km on a big one. Love this bike except 2 things

IMG_6850.jpg

Titanium full Termi - was a mistake, its damn good sound but extremly loud :jack

And the second thing is weak (or too soft) front fork. WE did amazing set up for 950 mechanic suspension
    but here on a skyhook that's not working. Preload doing nothing at all, riding modes (stiffness) don't help to avoid front "pecking" on braking. Seems spring is too soft.

Want to ask if anyone have some workaround or solution for a more controlled and firm front fork set us ?

P.S. in general i'm on a very beginning of adventure story. Waiting for my STR's to come and will go to work on my offroad skills.

:clap
    nomiles likes this.
  15. Goss

Goss LC8 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The right fork leg is the only one with pre-load adjustment which there are only 10 rotations available. With my weight I got lucky and the 10th turn in allowed proper sag settings for me fully geared ready to ride.

If you attempted to set the sag properly and this was not possible you likely require a heavier fork spring.

On the compression and rebound settings you can fine tune these in the settings from the factory setup if you desire. I changed mine up a bit for both the touring and sport settings to my liking.
  16. Mamay

Mamay n00b

Oddometer:
    Comp and rebound you mean Combined suspension stiffness from Riding mode menu ?
    Don't know any other way to adjust

Thanks
  17. Goss

Goss LC8 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    In the owners manual there are details on how to set the compression and rebound settings different from how they are set from Ducati. This allows one to fine tune the suspension. I do not have the manual in front of me at the moment to tell you what page or section.
  18. Mamay

Mamay n00b

Oddometer:
    Do you mean this one ?
    image0.jpeg

This is just something marked like Soft ---> Hard
  19. speedkelly

Oddometer:
    Additional spring pre-load parameters. If you look on the top on the right fork leg, there is a nut you can turn to adjust front pre-load. Ten turns from fully open, or to fully closed. Most people will not adjust this, the owners handbook tells you to take it to the dealer. But if you just make a note of how many turns you make from fully open or to closed. You can always put it back to how it was. If you turn it all the way in, this will provide maximum pre-load. Best if you have someone help you measure your sag before and after settings with you seated on the bike. To make sure you are in the ballpark.
  20. kingspapabear

kingspapabear n00b

Oddometer:
    Opinions wanted.....
    I would be new to ducati, but not riding or adv bikes. My last was a '02 GS.
    I'm looking at a '16 enduro with 40k miles that haa been well maintained. Any reason not to? The support and parts for the GS are good. Is there similar support for the enduro?