1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Ducati MTS1200 Enduro Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by TBR, Jun 25, 2016.

1. TulsaAg

TulsaAg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Did you ever try the Touratech windscreen while trying different ones out? I like how it "flares" out on the perimeter edges, but not sure how beneficial on the Multi. I know the windscreens I had on my Harleys with the "flare" (turn up) at the top of the screen worked best...at least for me.
  2. Vishwacorp

Vishwacorp n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone! I've lurked here for a little while but I now have a good reason to join in. This past weekend, I traded in a Desert Sled and picked up this. Fantastic bike so far, except the wind screen as many here have already discovered. Adjusting that and putting on knobbier tires are going to be the next upgrades.

Attached Files:

3. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    I've had the stock screen, the Touratech screen, and a VStream.

I'd rate them as follows:

stock: 4
    touratech: 5
    VStream: 6

In short, none were great.
  4. TulsaAg

TulsaAg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply rating scale. On the VStream: 1) Which size did you have (sport, medium, tall)? 2) Was it the wind noise and/or buffeting that kept your score to a 6?
  5. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    VStream was a medium size. It did a nice job of moving air, but all three screens create a low pressure area behind them which results in pocket air buffeting and the "whoob-whoob" effect like you get in your car with one window down.
  6. Gmc28

Gmc28 Gmower

Oddometer:
    I’ll have to double check but about sure I have the tall Puig screen on mine. I guess it could be the touratech... I’ve had a few multi’s and the years and screens are blurring together...
    I for sure have the clamp on puig deflector at the top, which I’m fond of, and have used it on different bikes to play with options.
    Bike is parked 800 miles from me, so I can’t confirm the screen till I get back down to the sunnier end of the country.

I have the comfort seat, which I find to be good enough, but add the Alaska sheepskin cover to it for long trips. That sheepskin cover goes from bike to bike based on where it’s needed.

I have SW Motech bars, which seem fine.
  7. TulsaAg

TulsaAg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got it...and know exactly what you are talking about in regards to one car window down. I have 1,500 mile trip planned in 3 weeks...I will probably purchase some type of aftermarket screen prior to then and see how it does. Leaning toward the VStream as you have it as the highest rated plus, one of the cheaper screens on the market.
    Think I am moving forward with the Puig windscreen today and completely agree with the sheepskin for longer trips. I will see how the new screen works before purchasing the deflector. Still deciding on the crash bars as I like the TouraTech (Ducati) design, but not the price.
  8. Gmc28

Gmc28 Gmower

Oddometer:
    No point to spend money needlessly, but if u get the deflector with the clamp mount, it’s easy to take it on and off. I seem to recall that there’s a puig and another brand that work and look similar, with screw mount or clamp mount options.
    I bring mine with me when I travel and rent bikes, as it’s often the ticket to make a rental bike screen better, and it’s fairly easy to carry. Not to say that they always work well, but I’ve found for myself that far more often than not the deflector helps at least a little.
  9. TulsaAg

TulsaAg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I went ahead and ordered the Puig screen, but without the bolted on deflector. Figured I can add the clamp on deflector as you mentioned above if needed.
  10. TulsaAg

TulsaAg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Took my first 200+ mile ride today on the Enduro. What a machine! The only comfort modifications I believe necessary (for me) the aftermarket can take care of: 1) Increased windscreen height to reduce wind noise. Hoping the Puig windscreen I ordered last week (should deliver tomorrow) takes care of. 2). New seat. After 50 miles, I needed to throw the AirHawk on. Will do some more research, but will probably go with a Corbin seat. 3). Lowered foot pegs. I know this will take away some lean angle, but highly doubt I will be riding hard enough on the road to notice.
  11. TulsaAg

TulsaAg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Observation from my first long ride, 4 day’s 1,500 miles. 1) Wind noise and buffeting horrible, to the point I would have purchased another bike to finish the ride if a bike shop was around...not many bike shops in the Texas Big Bend area. It seems most of the buffeting comes from the fairing. When I place my hands at the fairing, buffeting stopped. So tonight I fabricated some winglets to divert the air coming off the fairing. Will test the winglets tomorrow. 2) Due to multiple knee surgeries, knees were killing me in the bent position over a long period of time. Plan on purchasing SW Mototech pegs which drop the pegs about 15mm. 3) Seat uncomfortable after 45 min in the saddle. Corbin or some other after market seat in the very near future. 4). Performance wise, absolutely incredible! Would not change a thing.

upload_2021-3-10_20-38-30.jpeg
  12. stirlingedje

stirlingedje n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi GT-Jim, I am very interested in both the screen as well as the pannier corner set. I have sent you a pm.
  13. Dave.0

Dave.0 on the spectrum

Oddometer:
    I think you are on to something here. On my 2010 this area was the source of much of the issues and I suspect it hasn't changed. There was a product marketed for this reason that is an approximation of what you have made called "hiss flaps". I can't recall if they were made by an individual or company but you should be able to find some pictures. This is an area they addressed on the new V4. Also, getting the screen off the fairing using some sort of spacers works. Palmer products http://palmerproducts.co.uk/ also make a screen adapter kit that raises the screen off the fairing and adds some adjustability. I have one on my 2010 and it helped. I have an MRA vario screen on my enduro but don't have enough time on it to see if other additions are needed.

edit to say -- it looks like you have tried the spacers
  14. Gmc28

Gmc28 Gmower

Oddometer:
    The spacers didn’t seem to help me much on the enduro, though on my 2010 it seemed they helped a bit.
    I believe i run the touring GT screen on my Enduro (had to read the above post for it to jog my memory), and have the Puig deflector at top, which is good for me for buffeting, but as noted above in earlier post still leaves the noise level high, and you’re probably right that it comes from the fairing area. I’ve heard others say they removed the mirrors and achieved success that way (don’t recall what they chose for a mirror solution ultimately, but it might be back in this thread somewhere). Lots of bikes have the mirrors as a major culprit for “dirty wind”, though i have not tried that yet on the Enduro. Maybe i will this summer.
  15. TulsaAg

TulsaAg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A friend of mine recently purchased a V4 and said wind is no longer an issue. He is coming off a 2020 1260 Multi GT that he said had substantial wind issues. I have spent hours reading old threads in this forum as well as others regarding the wind issue and found lot's of great ideas/solutions floating around. My approach is a step by step process till I fix the problem. I will continue to provide updates as the process continues.
  16. TulsaAg

TulsaAg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have also read mirrors create a lot of dirty wind. I want to try and keep the mirrors, but if removing mirrors makes the ride more enjoyable, then the mirrors will go.
  17. GT-Jim

GT-Jim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Shipping outside of United States is insanely expensive, I'll have to pass.
  18. kingspapabear

kingspapabear noob Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    After three trips out this year, my engine light is on. Any way to read the codes without going to the dealer?
  19. dsrydr

dsrydr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does the battery have a good charge?
  20. kingspapabear

kingspapabear noob Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    The battery is charged, and checked out on a load tester and has good amperage. I cleaned and dighten connections, they were ok, only a hint of green). Disconnected the battery for 15 minutes, tried full twists of throttle with bike on but not running, and riding bike over 6k rpm for a little. I can't find anything else to do on forums, and only non-dealer readers I can find are in the UK.