Ducati MultiStrada 1200

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Paulvt1, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    Fits is subjective. Nothing a 5mm drill bit didn't fix.
  2. Steve W.

Steve W. Boxer Pilot

Oddometer:
    I added the bleeder to the abs for the rear circuit. Just get the assembly for the clutch slave. It really made a improvement in the rear brake action. I can actually invoke the abs on the rear now. Yes the seat base had to be relieved to accommodate the the bleeder, no worries. Cheers
  3. Tripped1

Oddometer:
    I just used the original bleeder nipples from the brake calipers since I was upgrading the brakes to M50s at the same time.
  4. Achtung

Achtung Wicked Pisssah Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Would simply flushing the brakes every year solve this rear brake loss issue?
  5. expatbrit

expatbrit Still pretty much a n00b.

Oddometer:
    The rear is a huge pain to bleed well and goes off fairly fast in my experience
  6. DReams

DReams Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone please help. Wanting to put a Givi Outback top case on the old '17 multi S. Already have the OEM plastic Givi cases on it. Do I need to get a different monokey adapter than is already on the bike for the Outback top case?
  7. TellicoADVTrail

TellicoADVTrail If I don't answer I'm ridin' or shootin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ask Givi. I would however guess they use the same mount as that has become kind of universal for other makers.
  8. kickstandsup

kickstandsup Devout Atheist

Oddometer:
    The Outback uses a Givi "Monokey" rack, as long as that is what you have it should fit.
  9. Flyinguy

Flyinguy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So, i am having a turn signal issue with my '14 Pikes Peak. The left signal, when activated, will not shut off with the cancel button. The only way to shut it off is to power off the bike. Is there a relay in the system, or is it the switch going bad? Any thoughts? Thanks
  10. kcumjc

kcumjc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I would take the switch apart and clean the contacts. Could be some corrosion on the contacts. Being a CAN bike, I don't know if there is a turn signal relay. Maybe check the wiring diagram in the back of the manual? I don't have mine with me, or I would check.
  11. cplus

cplus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well... after 13000 miles of mostly trouble-free ownership, and nearly 21k total miles on the bike, my ‘13 PP had its first mechanical issue. The shifter return spring failed while riding some twisties after work today. It’s not a catastrophic failure and I was able to ride home but not something I’d want to happen hundreds of miles from a dealer or reputable mechanic.

Seems like a relatively common issue and relatively easy fix if you have the necessary tools. I’ll bring it to the dealer tomorrow and see what they say.
  12. BobcatSig

BobcatSig 4th gear singletrack

Oddometer:
    Happened to me on my '12 Pikes Peak. It was like a $12 part but the labor made it eye-watering. Good luck!
  13. Tripped1

Oddometer:
    No the issue is the high point in the rear circuit is the ABS module, guess where the air is. Flushing helps, but I have found that vaccum bleeding it from the ABS module is the best solution.

My rear brake lasts between annual maintenance, since the dealer won't use that bleeder on the ABS (Japanese with a check list thing) I usually do it when I get the bike back form its majors.
    Achtung likes this.
  14. Tripped1

Oddometer:
    Also "Look Ma its clean" pic.

Right before I spend the next ten days covering it in crap, on the way to Hokkaido and back.
    20190830_065611.jpg

I can basically count it like 10 yen per big bug strike :lol3
  15. TellicoADVTrail

Oddometer:
    So does anybody else have a Ducati Performance clutch slave? know if a rebuild kit is available? I can't find one on the interwebs for nothing and local dealer was like "I don't think kits are available, but not sure?" I also asked if they had any aftermarket slaves, "no, we don't sell much stuff like that." ugh.
  16. expatbrit

expatbrit Still pretty much a n00b.

Oddometer:
    Oberon here. I’m looking for a clutch master rebuild kit but think I’ll just have to replace it.
    BobcatSig likes this.
  17. TellicoADVTrail

Oddometer:
    Seems like what I'm running into, certainly isn't one listed on the stock parts diagram. I ordered an Oberon slave.
  18. goodhorsey

goodhorsey the hippies seem to be right a lot Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi, guys,

I'm thinking of buying a 2014 Touring/S Multi. I live in NYC, and will be dealing with Ducati in Soho. The bike had its catalytic converter removed and a racing exhaust installed. 2 Questions - 1. is this legal in NYC? and 2. will Ducati dealerships still service the bike, or will they insist on reinstalling before they'll work on it? Any other opinions about Ducati Soho appreciated.

Thanks!
  19. TellicoADVTrail

Oddometer:
    Can't remotely imagine why they wouldn't service it, never heard of any denials like that before. I'd bet every Ducati dealer out there has installed aftermarket exhausts for customers. Good to get rid of the converter it seems as it likely was a contributor to all the failed rear master cylinders (maybe that was fixed by 2014?). The guy I bought my bike from went through several warranty rear masters, until he finally got rid of the converter and then never had the issue again.
    davyjones likes this.
  20. goodhorsey

goodhorsey the hippies seem to be right a lot Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I appreciate the input. The thing is, it is illegal to remove catalytic converters in NY State, far as I can tell. And it is my impression that Ducati dealerships aren't shy to find reasons to make money. But I could be wrong, of course :-)
    davyjones likes this.