Ducati MultiStrada 1200

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Paulvt1, Sep 10, 2008.

1. expatbrit

expatbrit Still pretty much a n00b.

Oddometer:
    Keep any one coded key somewhere safe, I think. As long as you have either a red or a smart key you can get a new one.
  2. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    Has to be the red, I can tell you from experience.
  3. SMIFFXC

SMIFFXC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm a little late to the party, how did you make out? I picked up my 13' last week after having the 5 year service done (bought new in 14') and he made a comment that luckily mine didn't need to be hooked up to the computer after the service. He said 13' and up don't but before 13' does.
  4. TrailBreak

TrailBreak Eternal Pessimist

Oddometer:
    Just got it all buttoned up yesterday. Fired right up no problems. Ran some distilled water and cooing system cleaner through it and took her for a 10 mile test run. Drained it and filled with new Agip coolant. All good. Saved me at least $1k so I'm happy. As far as the computer hookup goes I plan on grabbing jpdiag soon. Next project is the fork service.
    SMIFFXC likes this.
  5. SMIFFXC

SMIFFXC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, you saved "at least $1K." I had the forks done last year as one started leaking. You will save "at least $650" doing those yourself.... :)
  6. TrailBreak

Oddometer:
    lol thats what I figured :rofl:rofl
  7. goodhorsey

goodhorsey Bliksem is reg! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I bought a 2014 GT about 6 weeks ago, and I just learned that the previous owner had changed out the seat the bike came with for a lowered seat. (First Duc I've been on, so I had no idea). Does anyone with a 2014 Multi have a seat they're not using I can buy, or can anyone point me to where I can buy one in good condition, other than eBay? Much obliged.
  8. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    I have one from 2012, if it's the same it's yours.
  9. C330F

C330F Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've been enjoying my new-to-me 2012 Multistrada S except for one issue, the keyless start system. The bike usually does not see the key unless it is physically touching the dash. This isn't so bad for starting the bike but it is a little annoying seeing the "no key" error while riding even if I put the key in my sleeve pocket or in the little glove box next to the dash. I have tried three new batteries with no luck.

The dealer who sold it says that this is a known issue with Ducatis and that there is no fix. Is that accurate?
  10. TrailBreak

Oddometer:
    Iv'e never had that problem on my '11 but who knows? Maybe check the connection for the antenna.
  11. BobcatSig

BobcatSig They call me... Huckajawea

Oddometer:
    I have a 2012 Pikes Peak and I very rarely see that issue. It's most prevalent with a tired or nearing-dead battery in the remote. Start with a fresh battery and go from there.
  12. C330F

C330F Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the input. I've tried three new batteries and they have not seemed to help.
  13. cplus

cplus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had the same issue. It was resolved by “upgrading” the key to a newer version. My dealer recut a new key on one of the new style fobs, possibly from a Diavel and it works much better than the original ever did. There’s a post a few pages back with the cost.
    motorhead748 likes this.
  14. expatbrit

expatbrit Still pretty much a n00b.

Oddometer:
    Mine would sort of do this at times. If it was in my pocket, behind the tank bag — starting was intermittent. Didn’t need to touch, but ...

Then I lost the key. New one appears better. Bit odd.
  15. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    Did you change the battery in the key? The (black) key operates passively if the battery is dead, and it goes passive at a relatively high voltage, I have had "dead" key batteries show me 3.8v with a multimeter.

Either that or the key is just shot, I had one that would kill the battery in a matter of minutes. I had to get that one replaced to the tune of $240 bucks...sans laser etching the replacement.
  16. goodhorsey

goodhorsey Bliksem is reg! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know where I can get or buy a pair of footpegs for a 2014 that's not ... lol... a ... sorry, HAHAHAHAH... ahem, ... $150?
  17. SMIFFXC

SMIFFXC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Be careful with those cheap footpegs. Good footpegs made with quality cost more, even good ones for my trail bikes cost at least that much or more. Cheap ones are great right up until you bump something or worse your 500lb plus bike falls over and they break right off. Just know what you are getting, they could last you forever with no problems or maybe not. Also often when they say they fit that might not be the whole story. They may go on but as I experienced on my son's trail bike I had to make modifications with a cutoff tool because when the bike fell to one side the back very pointy edge of the peg would contact and damage other parts of the bike. I believe in saving money and not over paying and I have put some cheaper parts on bikes with no problems and agree with your thinking many times. In this case experience tells me that with this bike in that area be careful. Good luck to you.
    goodhorsey likes this.
  18. ebrew

ebrew Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer:
    Can anyone with a 15-17 1200 take a picture of the upper triple tree for me please

need to see what the tab looks like that is used for the electronic steering lock
    Few Picts would be amazing
    Top view and side view

ty so much