Ducati MultiStrada 1200

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Paulvt1, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Azturbomini

Azturbomini Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, you can see the weight of the blinker has caused the stalk to deform a little. 20201022_173301.jpg
    JoWhee likes this.
  2. Azturbomini

Azturbomini Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice and straight!
    I also added some plastic washers per Twerth's link that's he posted to the fender making it rock solid now. 20201023_145032.jpg
    SMIFFXC likes this.
  3. goodhorsey

goodhorsey Naai jou ma Supporter

Oddometer:
    since this thread is pretty dormant nowadays, let me just leave here that I'm interested in buying Ducati Auxiliary LED lights, and a Corbin seat, for a 2015 Multi for myself for Xmas. anyone? Bueller?
  4. NMEXPAT

NMEXPAT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. SMIFFXC

SMIFFXC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds like you're getting new ones for Christmas! :)
  6. goodhorsey

Oddometer:
    I'll probably "get" the lights, but I don't want to buy a new Corbin - I'll wait until one pops up somewhere, probably on fleabay. although I'm kinda divided on that - the stock seat on the 2015s are the only stock seats I've ever been comfortable enough on on a motorcycle to think to myself, do I *really* need a Corbin, or is it just habit at this point.
  7. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    There's a Sargent seat on Ducati.ms right now for $300
  8. goodhorsey

Oddometer:
    much appreciated, but I've tried Sargent (on an FJ-09), and I prefer Corbin. I'll go look, tho :-)
  9. SMIFFXC

SMIFFXC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Must be better than the 13' GT seat. I have to use an Airhawk on that.
  10. goodhorsey

Oddometer:
    I used to ride a 2014 GT, and yea, the 2015 seat is light years better. I have mixed feelings about the pre-DVT to DVT engine transition (I miss the pre-DVT grunt a lot), but the rest of the bike is a huge improvement.
  11. Baroquenride

Oddometer:
    I have a set of locks that came with my 2014 Multistudel Pikes Peak and I have no use for them. Would these have gone to the cases? Could they be for another type of case?
    20201222_164401.jpg 20201222_164517.jpg
  12. Baggi'tard

Baggi'tard If I don't answer I'm ridin' or shootin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, they are the saddlebag and top case locks, keyed to your bike. But they also look like locks that can be changed to another key.
  13. badge502

badge502 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Im starting to deal with the suspension set-up on my 2016 Pikes Peak, and I have a question... on the rear shock, there's the External Spring Preload knob (Big Black Knob). When an adjustment is made using the "Big Black Knob", should it click? if so, when? at a quarter turn, or full turn? It will go 17 full turns from "soft" stop to "hard stop". Based on it's setting before I started messing with it, it was set up for "touring" on front and rear rebound and compression.

For a 2016, its got very low mileage, 5303 miles. And, its appears to have been very babied... Im gonna change that this spring and summer, so Im trying to get it set up now.
  14. Baroquenride

Oddometer:
    Where is a good place to get fork springs for the 2014? I'm sure the shock spring isn't hard to find, but I'm not sure if the fork springs are tapered like they were in my Hypermotard or if they're normal straight springs?
  15. Baggi'tard

Baggi'tard If I don't answer I'm ridin' or shootin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    Do have the owners manual? I should clearly say "turns" or "clicks", because other manuals I've had used that language. Sorry, just don't know specifically on that bike/model and I've had both types. Ohlins remote preload adjusters barely have a detent. My 1200S rear preload just quietly goes "whirrr".
  16. badge502

badge502 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    After I worked the adjuster a few times, (my guess is it hadn't been moved since 2016), I could barely feel a slight detent every full turn... Kinda like I was cracking a safe! The compression and rebound adjusters work great, just like new.

I had a 2018 1260S, and it was the "auto-everything" version of suspension, and it worked great. BUT, I had a run-in with a Mule Deer in Utah, and that was all she wrote on the 2018! I found a "like new" 2016 PP that's a lot of fun, and couldn't pass up.