1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Ducati MultiStrada 1200

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Paulvt1, Sep 10, 2008.

1. badge502

badge502 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for you thoughts.
  2. C330F

C330F Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi all. Does anyone here have a Ducati dealership or mechanic they like for service in the Mid-Atlantic? I was hoping to use Ducati of Winchester for my major service items but they haven't answered any emails/phone calls and I heard they are no longer an official Ducati dealership.

Also, I am looking at upgrading the luggage on my 2012 Multi as I am not a fan of the Ducati/Givi boxes it came with. I am leaning towards the Touratech pannier mounts and 45L Mundo side cases. I understand that the Givi/DP top box rack is incompatible with the Touratech panniers. Does anyone know if the SW-Motech top rack will work with the Touratech pannier racks? I could get the Touratech top rack, but it is currently out of stock and I like how the SWM is compatible with more brands of top cases.

Thanks in advance for any input.
  3. CSP Rider

CSP Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just had my 15k Desmo service completed at Montgomeryville Cycle in Hatfield, PA and the guys were great. Also spoke with Koups in Harrisburg, PA, but they are no longer an authorized Ducati shop. Price at Koups was less, but ultimately I decided to take it to MC as they were a bit closer for me geographically. Bike feels brand new especially the suspension after having all that fluid refreshed after 8 years. Sure you're prepared for the cost, as was I, but still hurt parting with close to 2k for maintenance....
  4. C330F

C330F Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you! I'll head up that way for my next major service or if some other big issue comes up. I have been needing new tires, my rear brake wasn't working, and my 23K mile oil change is coming up. Bob's BMW was able to swap my tires and fix my rear brake which was a pleasant surprise. I have a while-I-wait oil change scheduled at Pete's Cycle in Baltimore next week. I've heard a lot of negative impressions of them, but I need someone with a Ducati computer to reset the oil light and they're the closest.
  5. Ishai

Ishai Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @C330F -I had a good experience for both service and replacing water pump cover and hoses on my 14 MTS1200 at Pete's. Same as you I was hoping for Winchester but it did not work out at the time. Same as you got tires at Bob's BMW. PM me your contact info if you want to connect- I am in Owings mills and have some great riding areas right next to me.
    Ishai
  6. C330F

C330F Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the recommendation Ishai. I had my appointments at Pete's yesterday and with my managed expectations it was a relatively positive experience. I will likely use them for my upcoming Desmo service as well.

Also thanks for the riding offer. Time is short right now between work and evening/weekend school. But hopefully there will be more time for riding for the sake of riding in the summertime. My wife just got a KTM Duke 390 last weekend and we'll definitely be on the hunt for fun local roads as we aren't from this area.
  7. goodhorsey

goodhorsey Naai jou ma Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey, guys, I could use advice. When I’m rolling along in heavy traffic, 10 or 20 miles an hour, and the bike is Hot, fans blowing, if the temp goes above 215, and I cut the throttle, it just dies. I can restart it immediately, but then it will just do it again. It always only happens when those two things happen at the same time, it is over 215, and I cut the throttle. Your opinion Is appreciated, thanks.
  8. Ishai

Ishai Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So re-posting, this time in the right section:
    Hello all: I have a 14' MTS1200 standard, not S. I was gifted a newer PikesPeak CF windscreen from a 16', but the bolt pattern is totally different- 4 holes in mine, 3 holes in the PP. Has anyone done the swap on 13-14 MTS1200 to a newer CF shorter windscreen? Is there an adaptor kit that could accommodate the PP screen to the existing fairing?
    Thanks
    Ishai
  9. JoWhee

JoWhee Deviant but not dangerous.

Oddometer:
    Why not just sell the PP screen then use the money to buy one for your model year?
  10. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    ^ Yup, what he said. Easier to do than retrofitting yours and you probably won't spend much $$$ difference.
  11. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
  12. Ishai

Ishai Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    At this point trying to figure out my options, That is definitely a direction to explore. Will continue looking...please keep suggestions coming.

Thanks-
    Ishai
  13. CSP Rider

CSP Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I installed the Puig Touring screen on my 2013 PP and overall am pretty happy with it. It blocks most of the wind on your upper body, and is a definite improvement over stock from a wind fatigue perspective. I did have to later add the Clip on visor however due to some loud wind noise and buffeting at my helmet level. I am 6'3 so your results may vary. If I had to do again I'd order the screen with the deflector already installed.

Attached Files:

14. 01xj

01xj Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is it the Puig branded clip on deflector? I have the sport screen and was thinking the sport screen plus a clip on deflector might be a good combo. I'm a foot shorter than most normal human beings so it's not exactly a challenge to get the wind over me. With the sport screen pulled all the way up I'm almost fully in a pocket on the highway. Just a little more deflection over my helmet would be perfect.
  15. CSP Rider

CSP Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, I purchased the Puig brand deflector and went with the small size. Would recommend measuring your sport screen to ensure fitment (Revzilla has all the specs for the deflectors on their site). Good fit and finish, and very sturdy from a clamping perspective.
    01xj likes this.
  16. twerth

twerth Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Added a graphics kit to my 1200 over the weekend. First impression, I like it but the decals don't match the body lines exactly. It could be that body panels differ from bike to bike, but I'm blaming it on the vinyl.
    2021-04-11 13.04.26.jpg

2021-04-11 13.04.50.jpg

2021-04-11 13.05.01.jpg
    Wolf_ADV, Scar V, pitbull and 3 others like this.
  17. 01xj

01xj Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone replaced the clutch salve cylinder? I'm having a little bit of trouble finding neutral. Seems as though most owners (per some ducati.ms threads) are experiencing the same thing, where it is a little finnicky to find N while the engine is running. The bike shifts fine from 1-2, 2-1 and all the way up and back down. Just hitting N while rolling to a stop is tough. Adjusting the clutch lever to it's longest pull helps remedy it, but it's uncomfortable for me to have it out that far.
  18. Baggi'tard

Baggi'tard If I don't answer I'm ridin' or shootin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    bleed it first. We just finished off a 10 day trip and toward day 7 or 8 I finally noticed the lever feel just wasn't quite right (does seem to start noticing neutral first). Since there's plenty of fluid in the reservoir, I bled one pump at each bleeder. Solved. That said I do have an Oberon slave since it seems there was no such thing as a seal repair kit for the OEM slave.
  19. SMIFFXC

SMIFFXC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, 01xj, this is probably your issue. I do this to my 13' GT a couple times a season right at the lever and get a little air bubble. Started last year but simple fix. Don't get the fluid on any paint.
  20. Baggi'tard

Baggi'tard If I don't answer I'm ridin' or shootin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    This reminds me... need to put a friggin 9mm wrench in my on-bike tools for just this (and 11mm for the brakes too). WTF, had three 10 mm in there. :<(