Ducati Multistrada 1260 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Bikeaddict, Jan 19, 2018.

1. RichBMW

RichBMW Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not sure if I’ve asked before, but has anyone managed to find a simple exhaust hanger (without pillion peg mount) for the full Termi system?

I’m getting mine fitted in a couple of weeks, and run the bike without pillion pegs, so want something less bulky to hold the new Termi on.
  2. Norsman

Norsman ...a GSophile

Oddometer:
    What are the thoughts so far from the 1260 crowd on the V4? In your experience would the desmo 1260 be a better platform for a heavy bike adv tourer off-road?
  3. ddddd

ddddd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well the 1260 has a lot more bottom end and mid range torque thats for sure, however the 1158 is geared a lot higher which will mask/correct a lot of this torque deficit. On the positive side the 4 cylinders will make it smoother and I'm guessing it will feel lighter and more nimble than 1260
  4. Moronic

Moronic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Getting in early? :lol3 Hard for people to make judgments before they’ve even seen the new bike.

From the engine specs tho I’m with ddddd above. Slightly lighter and much more compact power plant is all-round promising.
  5. panicos

panicos Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i guess now, that the official presentation took place, more oppinions can arise. For me it looks like going to enduro more. Design looks more fade than the 1260 and ditching de 17” front wheel entirely...don’t know what to say.
    I think only a ride test can clear up the mistery.
  6. RichBMW

RichBMW Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep, I’m not convinced tbh. It’s moved away from what I fell in love with.

Attached Files:

7. Ishai

Ishai Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks gorgeous to me, test ride would tell the tale. Of course I can't afford it, but stilllll
    If tires are same as Desert Sled- on the Sled they are amazing on the street and very nice on gravel so that would be a plus in my book. Need to look up tank capacity and full weight.
  8. FranknStein7

FranknStein7 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    5.8 gallons. 536 lbs curb weight. Unfortunately the mpg is listed as 6.5L/100km (36 mpg), which is surprisingly crappy. That would give it less range than a standard BMW 1250 GS.

https://www.ducati.com/us/en/bikes/multistrada/multistrada-v4
  9. ddddd

ddddd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Simply impossible to think it can get anywhere near the fuel consumption of a 1250 gs. Two entirely different motors, one designed for low max revs and strong low end torque, the V4 just the opposite, hence a 1158 with 170 hp vs 1250 135 hp
    Also note the massive (expected) gearing difference
    EG whilst the V4 multi has a 22 liter tank I would bet it wont get the range of the 20 liter tank on the 1260
  10. FranknStein7

FranknStein7 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I get that, but it's still disappointing. It's a step back from the current 1260. I personally think the horsepower race is a bit silly, particularly in the touring/ADV bike sector. Interesting too that the Enduro/Urban modes drastically cut HP to 115. I wonder what the impact on fuel economy would be in those modes.
    r0man likes this.
  11. panicos

panicos Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Also, add to your wonder how would be the behaviour of the mechanism that switches off the rear cylinders at idle speeds. Maybe that will save up some gas as well.
    But anyway, the product itself as it is presented and offered, don t seem to be such a good deal.
    1260s GT had all included on it (electric fuel latch, heated grips, etc)
    New multistrada comes with nothing included, and you have to add the classic packages (touring, enduro, whatver...plus the radar package). Even then, nobody said anything about quickshifter, electric fuel latch....
    So the new Multistrada V4 S starts from the price of the 1260 GT, but with no accesories on it; radar, cases, additional led lights, etc, come all extra (as packages and/or accesories) and after adding them, the price will go up with at least/about 4000 euros more than the 1260GT.
    In my oppinion, they should've sticked with the two directions they had : one MTS for street/touring and one MTS for enduro/touring with a big tank and aluminium cases, instead of mixing them both and make a new half man/half bear/half pig. I think they want a (big) slice of the GS/KTM/HONDA adventure bikes market and they just gave up the classic multistrada ideology.
    But yes, these are just thoughts and opinions, without a ride test.
    msxx likes this.
  12. gkaan

gkaan Bikes on the Brain Supporter

Oddometer:
    Im considering adding another Multistrada to the garage. I have my eye on a 2018 1260s with oem bags, top case, termi slip on and only 3.7K miles. Its at a dealer I trust and there asking $16.9K which seems a little high. My biggest gripe about the Multi is the front turn signals. I just do not like them mounted on the hand guards. My previous multi had aftermarket turn signals mounted in mirrors and real hand guards. Both were Ducati accessories for the 1200 but are no longer available. What, if any options are available for the 1260 to similarly move the turn signals? Here is my old MTS 1200

[​IMG]
    rick danger likes this.
  13. TallOne2

TallOne2 n00b

Oddometer:
    The bobbins actually do work, I tested them. The bars will hit first, and the Barkbusters wrap-around hand guards worked great. Highly recommend. Axle sliders, frame sliders, and hand guards will suffice. They also have the advantage of being almost disposable, if you can afford a MTS. All plastic is easily repaired anyway, it's the on/off process that's the hassle.
  14. RichBMW

RichBMW Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where is everyone? :D
  15. panicos

panicos Adventurer

Oddometer:
    In quarantine
  16. RichBMW

RichBMW Long timer

Oddometer:
    Haha
  17. rick danger

rick danger The further adventures of

Oddometer:
    Agree, I like to take my hand guards off in summer to get more air through the mesh gloves....As far as the v-4, I really cant see them not coming out with a 17 front option eventually. Very surprising, that decision on 19 only. I wonder if the 1260 front wheel would bolt up?
  18. 407Guy

407Guy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How do you like the muffler? How is the sound compared to stock? Any challenges with the install? Many thanks in advance.
  19. Pipeman

Pipeman Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I like it I mostly bought it for a little weight savings and the looks. It was easy to install and gives it a little better sound after a few hundred miles. No regrets
    407Guy likes this.
  20. RichBMW

RichBMW Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mine is going in for the full Termi this week, along with Brembo Serie Oro discs front and rear, and Brembo racing pads, in red. And Ducati rear LED indicators. Very exciting!
    rick danger and Pipeman like this.