1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Ducati Multistrada 1260 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Bikeaddict, Jan 19, 2018.

1. gns57

gns57 save us

Oddometer:
    on the exhaust did you go with just the can or did you do a cat delete as well. I have a 2019 and am thinking of changing the exhaust but just an end can only changes the look.
  2. CB350ER

CB350ER Pavement Pounder

Oddometer:
    Yep, it has a dominator cat delete from Poland. I bought on ebay. I really like it a lot. It's really loud too. If you do this, make sure whatever exhaust you use has the possiblity of adding a silencer/plug. Akrapovic does.

Video of me revving:
    (there's other ducati videos in my channel too, and I plan on posting more multistrada related videos in the future)
    Suruppak likes this.
  3. gns57

gns57 save us

Oddometer:
    did you do a remap on the fueling?
  4. mortarman

mortarman Hang it; Fire!

Oddometer:
    Love the license plate!

This is the way.
  5. CB350ER

CB350ER Pavement Pounder

Oddometer:
    Nope, no remapping. Doesnt seem to need one either. Other people have been saying the same thing.

FINALLY SOMEONE NOTICES! I posted those pics on FB, other forums, other Ducati groups... You're the FIRST one to notice (or comment about) the name of my bike. Beskar. :D
  6. mortarman

mortarman Hang it; Fire!

Oddometer:
    LOL. guess there are fewer of us Star Wars fan boys than one would have thought.

It gets a big thumbs up from me!

and almost forgot to mention: beautiful bike! Congrats!

This is the way.
  7. TMP

TMP n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone!

I've read almost every page on this thread, just to have a doubt growing on me about what bike do I get: the 950S or the 1260S. AdvStrider, partially this is your fault as that bike of yours is f* gorgeous!!!

I'm coming from a 1250GS which I sold early november because we went on lockdown around that time here in Portugal. I loved the bike apart from it's looks which, as subjective as it may be, is important to me. Apparently things are getting better so we are starting to go out again, with loads of restritions but it looks like we might get back to riding when the summer comes. So I want a new bike and I always had a desire for Ducati that didn't go through because of all the reliability "myths" I've heard whenever I stood near one. Reading this forum and speaking to a couple friends who own them made me rethink that aspect.

My options are, ordered by preference: 1260S GT / 1260S / 950S / 1260S Enduro. Enduro is last because I ride quite a lot in city (Lisbon, with it's tram rails) and it does seem more intimidating as it's heavier and bulkier that the others. 1260S Grand Tour is first mostly because of how it looks, but I haven't found any on the second hand market and I can't find it on any local dealers since the V4 is already out. I think that might change as it's still a recent model hence people who have them are not selling them yet. Why not the V4? It's too expensive and they ruined the 1260 perfect design imo.

I am planning to go ahead with the purchase within ~2months and I still need to try both the 1260S (if I can find one at a dealership...) and 950S before deciding, but would like to know your opinion on what's most suited for a 60 city - 40 longer journeys (<350kms) use. Will I miss having more engine on more open roads or are the 113bhp the 950S enough? Any noticeable difference other than the engine? Electronics seem pretty much the same to me, brakes on 950S should be enough too.

I have one 2018 1260S with 19000kms for 16000€. Is that a good deal? I have yet to see in what condition the bike is. Any known issues with that MY bikes? We don't have many 1260S on the market around here, my option is to go get one from Germany, Italy, France or Spain.

Looking forward to know your opinions.

Thanks!
    AdvStrider likes this.
  8. rick danger

rick danger The further adventures of

Oddometer:
    Just as a generic opinion, why wouldnt you want the extra HP and torque of the 1260. Unless the 950 is a feather weight bike. I sat on a 1260 GT at the dealer. Beautiful bike, but at 6'5" it was a bit cramped for me. I bought a KTM 1290 S. Seemed easier to stand up if that makes a difference. Pegs a bit further forward as well. [​IMG][​IMG]I know your desision isnt between the Duc and the KTM. Just posting my experience.
  9. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    Yeah actually, I was at the Japanese launch.

I ate crow on that one. You won't notice the 19" wheel and the bike handles better than my 2012 Pikes Peak with an Ohlins semi-active suspension, the ACC is also MONEY
  10. panicos

panicos Adventurer

Oddometer:
    sorry, english is not my first language so i might miss some meanings here. What do you mean by “ i ate crow on that one(new v4)” and “ACC” ?
    Better handling with the 19” than with the 17”? Oh dear, how did they do that? Is it because the wheelbase is shorter?
  11. Tripped1

Oddometer:
    I was wildly wrong. I complained a LOT about that 19" wheel.

Suspension, chassis geometry, and counter-spun motor all seem to play in. The V4S handles really sweet, and I watched one of the Ducati test riders lunch one like 4-5 feet in the air on the offroad course.
  12. TMP

TMP n00b

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't mind having the extra power, but I do think the engine on the 950S might just be enough. I'm thinking of it as the last option if I can't find a 1260S / GT.

I have tried the 1290 SAS before I bought the 1250GS and I the grunt is stupendous!!! I had a huge smile on my face for 10/15mins, then the discomfort started to settle. The wind was too noisy behind the windscreen and I started feeling a little pain on my back which is quite odd as i'm 32 and never felt that before riding any bike. I liked the dashboard and menus but the controls are not there for me. Materials and finishes seem in a lower league compared to a MTS or a GS.

I'm sad Ducati just discontinued the 1260... IMO they the it could live alongside the V4. Couldn't they?!
  13. Tripped1

Oddometer:
    The V4 is a better machine.

Unless outright fuel range is your concern.
  14. AdvStrider

AdvStrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Haha! I sold the second bike in your post, and went for the 1260 GT! The KTM is a great bike, but I wanted something more refined and sportier.
    rick danger likes this.
  15. rick danger

Oddometer:
    Just out of interest, how tall are you?
  16. AdvStrider

AdvStrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Having just read about Ducati recalling all V4 Multistradas for new engines, it might be wise to wait a while for these first year bugs to be ironed out!
  17. AdvStrider

AdvStrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    5’10 with a 33/34 inseam.
    rick danger likes this.
  18. AdvStrider

AdvStrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hold out for a 1260 GT, it’s the best bike I’ve owned. Now mine has the full Termi, it’s absolutely perfect, with perfect fuelling. Although we’re in lockdown, being able to just sit in the garage looking at it hasn’t been too bad! :D
  19. rick danger

Oddometer:
    I always wanted a ducati, since the hypermotard. But they just feel to cramped for me. I'll have a sit on one if they make a 17 front, Pikes Peak V4..... Post engine troubles...:lol3
  20. Tripped1

Oddometer:
    Hahaha my exact comment about letting dudes beta test while I wait for the Pikes Peak :lol3

At least Duacti isn't messing around with it. Bring it in, you get a new engine. A certain Bavarian replaced the dealer stock first while letting paid customers wait under a do not ride order.