1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Ducati Multistrada 1260 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Bikeaddict, Jan 19, 2018.

1. TMP

TMP n00b

Oddometer:
    This will be my 3rd bike. My first was a 2017 R Nine T, f* beautiful bike, both aesthetically and mechanically. Very simple, not much electronics to give you headaches which is good imo. But then it wasn't very confortable to travel, even if it was just for a couple hundred kms. I would have kept it if I have space and money to have more than 1 bike, but I don't. So I got the 1250GS a while after selling the R NineT. A masterpiece of enginnering, but quite ugly if you ask me (a subjective matter I know). It's functionality hides, for me, a bit of that ugliness but I need to have a big smile on my face once I leave it on the garage after a joyous ride and that didn't happen. That coupled with the lockdown and the perspective of having a bit of money "stuck" on something I don't use made me sell it. I don't regret the decision.

I have a friend and coworker which is also very much into bikes. He has a Ducati S4 and a Triumph Scrambler 900 and wanted to sell the triumph and buy a 1260S / 950S. He called me yesterday saying he just bought a used 1260S in black! Got me itching to find the bike I want. The market is not very good around europe, not many bikes to choose from. I'll wait patiently, eventually some nice opportunity will come up, maybe in 6 months or so people will feel more confortable trading their 1260s for the new V4s (that's what I'm hoping at least). I would like to keep it for longer than the other 2!

Your bike is really awesome AdvStrider, wouldn't add/take out anything on it. Made me want one even more!

As for the rider height, I'm 180cm so I hope it's a perfect fit.

But then again i've been riding (every once in a while) a Vespa 150 with 40y and an Honda CG a little younger and feel great riding those smaller engines and tech absent bikes!
    AdvStrider likes this.
  2. Krazyjohnny

Krazyjohnny Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  3. TMP

TMP n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone, again!

Any european rider that bought the termignoni full system? I got a pretty good deal for a 1260S with the full termi on, but the seller does not have the original one and I'm concerned about the street homologation and being stopped by the police. As far as i know that system is not allowed to be used on public roads, isn't that so?
  4. jamesmcga

jamesmcga n00b

Oddometer:
    I just picked up a 2020 pikes Peak and is my first bike since my Yamaha Fz-1 back in the early 2000s. Technology has come along way and this bike hauls ass. I also have the full header-titanium Akrapovic. Which is honestly the loudest exhaust I’ve ever heard. Sounds like a gunshot between every shift

I also have the takeoff Termignoni currently listed on eBay if anyone’s interested.

Attached Files:

hypersports and r0man like this.
  5. Pipeman

Pipeman Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    How about a pic of the Akrapovic installed and did you remap it or? And are you using the db killer ? Thank you
  6. CB350ER

CB350ER Pavement Pounder

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Rode the dragon a couple weekends ago. It was a freaking BLAST with my multistrada.

4k miles on the tires and they're toast. I just ordered Dunlop Mutants.

[​IMG]
  7. Gadgetech

Gadgetech Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Guess this will be my new home on ADVRider since I traded my 1250 GS for a leftover 2020 Multi.

I had a 2014 Multi before the GS and I just missed it too much. I like the new V4S but it’s very GS like. So far 450 miles in 2 days on the new steed, even with the fuel shortage in the SE.

BD0470FA-48D3-4BCD-95A4-1F48B5B86BC8.jpeg
    Wolf_ADV and pilotspike like this.
  8. Gadgetech

Oddometer:
    Those are cool looking tires. Being a Michelin fanboy, I’ve never heard of them. I like the Pirelli Scorpion so far.
  9. r0man

r0man Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice looking bike. Is there anything in the GS you miss? I am also considering a switch from 2017.5 GS to either a Multistrada 1260 or SuperDuke 1290 GT.
  10. Gadgetech

Oddometer:
    In short, no. The GS is a fine machine, it's just a bit sedate for me. I rode mine like a scalded dog, and while it will do it, it never provided as much excitement as doing so on my Multi. The funny thing is the 1260 Multi has a nearly 2.5" longer wheelbase and feels like it handles better than the GS. Probably due to the difference in weight and my GS was a sport suspension which made it taller. Makes for a lot to swing back and forth. If you really like the GS, try the 1250. To me it was a huge improvement in felt power over the 1200 GS and what made me consider getting of my 2014 Multi.
    r0man likes this.
  11. pilotspike

pilotspike Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :wink::wink::thumb:thumb:super:super
    Gadgetech likes this.
  12. Gezerbike

Gezerbike I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa......ck

Oddometer:
    I too have sinned, allowing myself to be lured into the arms of a sexy Italian filly in a red, sexy dress. Always liked the Multi since it first came out but alas, I was and am, first and foremost, a BMW guy. Had them for over 30 years, with a smattering of others brands thrown in. Now retired and turning 70 in 2 months, I am fortunate to work 2 days a week selling BMWs at the local shop. I get to see the incoming new and trade bikes before they hit the floor or internet. 2 years ago it was a 1200 Bonneville with 800 miles on it, last year a 1200 R with 1200 miles on it and now this hooligan, a 2018 1260 S Touring with just 2,500 miles on it. What can be said other than WOW !!! Took it to Wisconsin last weekend for my inaugural ride and what a blast .... 600 miles a riding in the driftless area. Gonna need to save money for tires...I can see this will be eating them ! And lucky me, I still have my 2012 GS. LIFE IS GOOD !!!

[​IMG]
    ...and my 2012 Rally GS
    [​IMG]
    Gadgetech likes this.
  13. Two Tigers

Two Tigers Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any feedback on those tyres yet? I’m due for tyres and can’t decide what to get. Don’t mind the Scorpions but thinking about trying something different this time. Anybody got any suggestions for the stickiest cool looking tyre for an Enduro??
  14. connected

connected I'm 3rd

Oddometer:
    I think I'm gonna try the Dunlop roadsmart 4's. Anyone else try them yet?