Ducati Multistrada 1260 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Bikeaddict, Jan 19, 2018.

1. ddddd

ddddd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As far as running smooth at low rpm, my DVT is very smooth compared to the earlier non DVT multi's and I believe the longer stroke 1260 is even better again.
    The answer to your question and why I would guess the 1260 would be smoother down low than the 1290 (note I'm not saying more powerful) is because of the variable valve timing
    I would suggest take a 1260 for a run, but make sure it is in touring mode not sport
    Drop_Center likes this.
  2. Drop_Center

Drop_Center Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm afraid I'll be overwhelmed by everything else that is so bloody awesome about the bike and not pay attention :lol3 Thanks for the touring mode advice though:beer
  3. nostatic

nostatic i drank what?!? - Socrates Supporter

Oddometer:
    The tune on the 1290 SDR is different than the Super Adventure. My SA-S is scary smooth in the way it pulls from down low all the way through the band. My 1200DVT w/full Termi is better than stock but not as smooth as the KTM. I only had a brief test ride on the 1260, it felt a bit smoother than the 1200DVT, but not like the SA-S.

All great bikes - there is a reason I have stuck with my Multi (I like the quick handling) and the SA-S (can do dirt better).
  4. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My 1260 has been breaking in and is definitely getting smoother. I'm really getting in sync with the bike and loving it. I can ride around town down to 2,000 rpms pretty easily, the motor just won't be happy with going WOT that low. If you're going to give it the beans, it really wants to be 4,000 or above. Also, it can live all day at 5-6,000 rpms. I find myself at freeway speeds in 4th, with the motor completely content and not feeling like I'm wringing it's neck.

I have had an issue with surging on twisty mountain roads, which really hampers smoothness, but I'm wondering if it is intrinsic to the motor itself. It almost feels like a resonant surge that the electronics could have a hard time dampening. We'll see how it feels after the summer.
    Bikeaddict and BobcatSig like this.
  5. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    OR a traditional jacked Ducati factory tune.
    Griff_33 likes this.
  6. Griff_33

Griff_33 Former GMan

Oddometer:
    When is a tune recommended? I just got my 600 mile service at 1100 miles. Who is doing a good aftermarket tune?
    Cheers,
    G
  7. TufelHunden

TufelHunden Recovering A-hole

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know what 1200 parts will fit the 1260? Looking at a full Termi meant for the 1200 for a good price, hoping it’ll fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer

Oddometer:
    As stated and not often enough in Robbinsville, NC
    Doesn't mean a whole lot, but the full Termi for the DVT 1200 fits the 2017, 2016, 2015 versions according to Ducati. I didn't even see an exhaust listed for the 1260.
    TufelHunden likes this.
  9. papaB

papaB Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys, secret ducati fan here (I have a GS).
    2018 Piles Peak Hill Climb. Enjoy

DavidD, bobw and Florida Lime like this.
  10. TufelHunden

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I’m betting they are the same but the maps are different. Just not willing to bet 2 grand though

Florida Lime likes this.
  11. nostatic

nostatic i drank what?!? - Socrates Supporter

Oddometer:
    The full system and race tune was worth them money (to me) on my '17. Not sure about the 1260 though.
    BobcatSig and Florida Lime like this.
  12. TufelHunden

Oddometer:
    The 1260 seems to have solved the flat spot in the torque curve. I’m looking to better sound, little more power, heat reduction, and more room for my right heel.

Also love the look of the new akra. But not avail in the US yet.

BobcatSig likes this.
  13. apessino

apessino Long timer

Oddometer:
    I ordered a 1260 Pikes Peak - picking it up on Wednesday! :)

I had tested the 1200 DVT two years ago and loved so many things about it, but the engine felt a bit anemic under 5K, especially compared to my Diavel, so I passed - the 1260 seems like the best Ducati twin yet, so it was time to get on board. I love Ducati twins! :1drink
    bobw likes this.
  14. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:

I was eyeballing a Pikes when I was on vacation in Portland a couple months back. The more I looked at it the more I liked it.
  15. ILFLY4u

ILFLY4u Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I installed my throttle spacer kit yesterday from ducatispacers.com. Installation was very easy with the provided instructions. Only took about 10 minutes. The spacer takes up all the slack that is designed into the factory throttle housing. It's now much easier to transition from idle to a small amount of throttle. Very happy with the product and the cheapest accessory I can think of!
    Suruppak likes this.
  16. kickstandsup

kickstandsup Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's very interesting. It wasn't much of an issue on my 2014 Monster, but I did notice a fair amount of slack on the 1260S we rented in Italy. Wondering what it will be like on the new Anniversario. Thanks for posting.
  17. duckman44

duckman44 Living the dream!

Oddometer:
    Too bad these are not available for 2017 1200's. Seems like a nice idea.
  18. RichBMW

RichBMW Long timer

Oddometer:
    I’ve just sold my KTM 1290SAS, and will be taking a 1260S out over the next few weeks. If I got one, I’d get a PP wrap (as I want the skyhook suspension, and don’t want to pay £22k for a bike!) and a full termi.

Has anyone here owned the 1290 SAS and gone to a 1260S, or vice versa? Any thoughts/ comments would be appreciated.
  19. Drop_Center

Drop_Center Long timer

Oddometer:
    Why does Ducati do this to their housings?
  20. Corasaurus

Corasaurus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello from
    Picked up June 1st, 2018

This photo I took on Dec 22. Screenshot_2019-01-13-16-44-29.jpeg