Ducati Multistrada 1260 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Bikeaddict, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Krazyjohnny

Krazyjohnny Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I have used it on my 2013 with hreat success. I also upgraded to the M50 calipers up front. That made all the difference. I also installed bleeders at the abs module. I was shocked how much air was in there.
  2. Suruppak

Suruppak Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My 2011 always had a ton of air in the ABS module, and needed bleeding every 1500 miles no matter what I tried. However, I've put 15,000 miles on my 1260 and I still have a rear brake! It's not an amazing rear brake, but it does work, which is sure nice.
  3. Drop_Center

Drop_Center Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just curios about something, people seem to not stop taking about how hard the Diavel X accelerates, but you don't rear that as much about the Multi 1260. Am I missing something?
  4. Corasaurus

Corasaurus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Assuming a lot of Diavel owners are coming from other (slower) bikes in the cruiser category. Its all relative I am sure.
  5. Ducksbane

Ducksbane Quaaack!!!

Oddometer:
    Apart that a lot of X Diavel riders used to ride Harley's I wouldn't be surprised if the X Diavel can accelerate faster than a Multistrada from stopped … longer, lower, wider rear tyre.
  6. Suruppak

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know if heaver springs can be purchased for the 1260S models?
  7. CRFan1

CRFan1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, I have a 1260 Multi S touring and I want to bring it back for the full termi set up. I was going to trailer it in before the spring rush and had a question on strapping it down. I assume it's like the other skyhook bikes in that you start the bike up and strap it down so the suspension compresses and then shut it off? Just wanting to be sure.
  8. Suruppak

Oddometer:
    Interesting, I never did anything special to strap mine down, just put it in the chock, attached the straps, and tightened them down. Was I supposed to be doing something special with Skyhook?
  9. CRFan1

CRFan1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Actually, that's what I am trying to figure out because the suspension does not move at all when the bike is off, lol. There is no information on it that I can find in the manual or otherwise......
  10. Krazyjohnny

Oddometer:
    Well I was fortunate enough to bring home a 2018 Pikes Peak at Thanksgiving from my dealer to test ride. I had my 2013 Multistrada withe the full race exhaust and upmap, my wife's 2016 Multistrada 1200 also. Got to ride them all back to back to compare. I had put 30K on my 2013 and 25K on the inline 4 FZ-6 prior to that so with that little bit of seat time I figured I should look at something new.

The 2018 Multi 1260 was a hoot. The torque the motor puts out has you coming out of turns much harder than you would expect. The talk about the new geometry being slower to turn in is true, but only slightly noticable when coming directly off the previous gen Multis. Compared to my 2013 it is a big change. Compared to the Wife's 2016 I would not make that jump.

So 4 weeks ago I wrote the check for a new 2018 Multistrada 1260S with the full Termi Race kit on it. I added my accessories from my old bike a new set of Duc Pilot windshield risers and Puig touring screen and ripped off from North Dallas up to Mena, AR and back the following Saturday (about 600 miles) with 5 other folks. We rode through misty fog, rain and some blue sky that day over the Talimena drive. What a great machine. The controls are so much more intuitive than my 2013 and the grunt is infectious. I am glad I made the purchase.
    bobw, csimon, Suruppak and 2 others like this.
  11. CRFan1

CRFan1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Going in to order my full Termi set up this Saturday......then it's wait for some damn warm weather! :(
  12. Krazyjohnny

Oddometer:
    You’ll love the Termi system. The best part is the sound. The “Race” on the dash at startup is pretty cool too.
    CRFan1 likes this.
  13. Corasaurus

Corasaurus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any chance you'll have a video of it?
  14. Caltiger

Caltiger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’ve also got the full termi on mine and the sound is amazing and the pops and crackles it makes are addictive. I took mine to the north Georgia mountains today and of all the bikes I’ve taken up there, this one rockets out of corners the hardest, it’s quite incredible, being able to be at 3-4K rpm, twist your wrist and the straightaways just disappear.
    Corasaurus likes this.
  15. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    For the Pikes sure.

They wear standard Brembo TTX

All the popping and banging on my 2012 were the upmap being shit for my bike, retuning it not only stopped most of that, it also gave me 100km more fuel range. My bike was nasty rich below 3500rpm and then a touch lean the rest of the way to the redline.
  16. Caltiger

Caltiger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Everything I’ve seen with dyno charts and stats show the redline of the 1260 at 10K rpm. Does everyone’s tach change to red at 8.5K rpm? Or is this a programmable setting?
  17. Corasaurus

Corasaurus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just moved to Georgia recently, we'll have to link up for a ride.
  18. rspennac

rspennac Super n00b

Oddometer:
    I am picking up my 1260s from Rockwell Cycle in New York next Saturday (April 21). I had a 2017 1200s but a low side sent it to the scrap bin .

I’ll add my ride reports in a few hundred miles .
    Corasaurus likes this.
  19. Corasaurus

Corasaurus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just stopped by Rockwell last Friday to get some parts for my Brutale. Good folk in that shop.

Congrats on the new bike.
  20. rspennac

rspennac Super n00b

Oddometer:
    5CF1D738-D6A6-461A-A1EB-7243C1F10E28.jpeg They were great about the sale and when I picked it up today!!

It was raining when I arrived but I had to at least run up and down the street. Not much of a ride report yet but the computer layout and settings are way easier to adjust. A new feature is that you can soften and add stiffness independently of each wheel.

I didn’t get into the bike at all but the quick shift seems like it is going to be a very nice improvement!
    csimon, Suruppak and Corasaurus like this.