Ducati Multistrada 1260 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Bikeaddict, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Corasaurus

Corasaurus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Such a brilliant motorbike!

[​IMG]
  2. Krazyjohnny

Krazyjohnny Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking for a rear rack for the 2018 Multi-S anyone have any suggestions besides SW-Motech and the Ducati Parts rack made by Touratech. Yes I called Touratech and it is not available from them. They tell me I have to go through Ducati.
  3. Goss

Goss LC8 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Suruppak likes this.
  4. Suruppak

Suruppak Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had one of their racks from my 1200, it worked pretty nice.
  5. brianpc

brianpc Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any bets on the 2020 Multistrada being a redesign/refresh and having a V4?
    rick danger likes this.
  6. Deathsoswiftly

Deathsoswiftly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can anybody provide an off-road comparison between the outgoing 1200 and new 1260 enduro. I'm quite concerned that the new bike lost a decent amount of suspension travel and ground clearance. Yet Ducati promises that somehow the 1260 is more capable off-road?
  7. Different Spokes TV

Different Spokes TV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just rode the 1260 for the first time. Compared to the older 1200 (I've spent a significant amount of time on a 2010 model) this is a much improved package. Surprising how low the seat felt. We got a chance to wind them out on the test ride and the electronically adjustable suspension was a dream on the longer sweepers. Made a video of the test ride:

csimon and Suruppak like this.
  8. Rikki Rockett

Rikki Rockett MOTORCYCLE EVANGELIST

Oddometer:
    My Enduro Experience:
    guitarplyr and CollinsB like this.
  9. guitarplyr

guitarplyr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Took delivery of my 2019 Pikes Peak on Wednesday. Had the opportunity to be present for unpacking and PDI before getting my first 80 miles that evening. Of course it came in time for me to run out of town for the remainder of the week and weekend but I look forward to some more miles on Monday. Ended up selling my 959 and 1200 Enduro and would not look back, this thing is simply amazing (i didn't really off-road anyway). Look forward to installing touring pack and full Termignoni exhaust this week!!!
  10. RichBMW

RichBMW Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pictures please!
    rick danger likes this.
  11. Corasaurus

Corasaurus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    2018 MS 1260 PP
    12,000 miles after one year and it is a joy to ride. 0514191655_HDR.jpg
    csimon, guitarplyr and kickstandsup like this.
  12. ebrew

ebrew Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer:
    Ok so pikes peak or S

Hmmmmm
    Any thoughts please
    Had an S many years ago, no time at all on the skyhook just really like the PP
    Can get bags for it

Anything in 2020 I should hold off for ? Out of the loop on this bike for a bit
  13. guitarplyr

guitarplyr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Based on very few miles on my new Pikes Peak (and obviously biased a bit) id say pikes peak. I owned a 1200 Enduro that was a fantastic bike and had gotten the set up dialed in to my liking for the skyhook and it worked very well in all conditions plus it can be changed without stopping to retrieve tools etc. Before placing my order I rode a 1260 S Touring and for the sake of my ride put it in sport mode with the damping settings on as hard as possible (hardest). The bike handled well, turn in was good, held a line, and felt very good even without messing with front preload (manual adjuster on right fork) or the shock preload (through the Dash electronically). This gave me a base to compare losing weight in the wheels, getting a slip on with the motorcycle, and of course the manual adjustable Öhlins. At the end of the day both are phenomenal machines but I am a bit old school and like the ability to grab a 14mm socket or 3 mm hex and a spanner to make changes and I will be doing the odd trackway with the Pikes Peak. As you stated bags can be had and I did order the touring pack, full termignoni, and a radiator guard to be installed at first service.

Sorry for the Rant......
    bobw likes this.
  14. guitarplyr

guitarplyr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    58506793776__D302FDF0-966A-4621-B42F-206FF6CCA728.JPG

Attached Files:

Suruppak likes this.
  15. mototopo67

mototopo67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    V4

[​IMG]
  16. rick danger

rick danger The further adventures of

Oddometer:
    The v4 multi has my attention. I waited for the hypermotard to come out with my tounge hanging out only to find it was designed for a 5 foot person. Wound up with a ktm 950 super moto. Not trying to be a smart ass, but how are the multis for a person 6'5"? the above pic of the PP seat looks uncomfortable. No way to move front to back. just stuck down in a valley. Pretty bikes though.
    brianpc likes this.
  17. ebrew

ebrew Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer:
    Anyone install a full Termi system on the 1260 ?
    Dealer wants dumb money to do it
  18. dirtyfreebooter

dirtyfreebooter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am having Boulder Motorsports do mine next Tuesday. I was quoted for exhaust and LED tail lights install 2.25 hours (@ $115/hr), since you are in Denver, maybe an option. I avoid Denver Ducati dealers.. literally hate all of them so much with regard to service.. Major rip offs!!!
  19. dirtyfreebooter

dirtyfreebooter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Also pair of 1260 Pikes peaks :) We went for a little evening ride, Coal Creek Canyon to a little dirt road to Gross Reservoir to Flagstaff Rd back to Boulder, Colorado :)

Multis are not really meant for dirt. And Pikes Peak even less. LOL.

[​IMG]
  20. ebrew

ebrew Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer:
    Will be having Brian do mine as well. He will be doing all the work on the bike
    Hope to get the bike this weekend ( been paid for )