Ducati Multistrada 950 off road?

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by waderman, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Southtrails19

Southtrails19 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    3E2E7731-04B6-4B34-9D29-77E4250935BE_1_201_a.jpeg
    matted, Griff_33 and ajy1w like this.
  2. ajy1w

ajy1w Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry for your bike glad your OK. Mine has been down twice on pavement. The crash bars kept the body free from making contact. Three times on rocky trail descent two weeks ago on the NEBDR.
    Scuff through the finish on the tank edge barely noticeable. And a scuff on primary cover and bark busters. IMG_20200723_075843.jpg IMG_20200723_075913.jpg
  3. ajy1w

Oddometer:
    This does not look steep but was. NEBDR Laid it. Down to help a friend pick his up.
    IMG_20200719_101126.jpg

This one the front slid out, forgot to turn off ABS, was in Endure mode. IMG_20200719_113925.jpg
  4. ajy1w

Oddometer:
    It climbed up some very significant long climbs on rocks with the stock scorpions everyone in our group was amazed. But coming down the tires and the abs were not forgiving. :muutt Running the stock scorpions out so far 9000k and still good life left. The STR scorpions up next.
    Griff_33 likes this.
  5. Griff_33

Griff_33 1811R Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice pics...but can't do justice to the steepness of the terrain...
  6. Griff_33

Griff_33 1811R Supporter

Oddometer:
    I got ~17K on my first set of Scorpions. No off-road riding with the first set...
  7. ajy1w

Oddometer:
    I got 10K on my back tire Perili scorpion trail. That is with 3000 miles of 2up and a full loaded bike.
    Also know if you have the Ducati crash bars. They sit supper tight to the body panels. My bike has downed about 4 times. Only at zero speed, just balance drops. The crash bars moved against my side panels on both sides and have worn indentations in the body panels. So I removed the crash bars to address this. The screw that connects to the frame is designed to bend before causing damage to the frame. I bent both screws left and right. Those screws cost $37.00 each. I have yet to price the plastic panels. I noticed the the crash bars touching the panels but it did not look like anything was happening. But after my last 2200 mile trip I noticed it was more then I thought. Things happen when you take your bike off road.
    Anyway if you have the Ducati crash bars installed and drop your bike make sure you check to see if the bars are touching your panels. If so act quickly and remove the bars and replace the screws. It will be a lot less then buying new panels.
  8. Southtrails19

Southtrails19 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The body panels or radiator cover PN 480P6852AC ran $300 here in San Diego, I chose to leave the scratches as I plan on doing what most wouldn't do on this bike. Come november I'll be taking the bike to compete in the ADV Rally in Anza Borrego. But as far as the Ducati crash bars yes, they are close but the HEED crash bars touched on one side and I tried everything to get it not to. Thankfully the couple stand still drops offroad with the new Ducati Bars haven't bent the screws.
  9. RL Lemke

RL Lemke Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  10. ajy1w

Oddometer:
    My barkbusters are barkbusters for Ducati multistrada 950. $115. I think from revzilla. Yes I am leaving the panels as is. I am continuing the off road use and Enduro riding.

Attached Files:

11. ajy1w

Oddometer:
    Southtrails cool for ADV rally. Post some pics.
  12. TheWheelADV

TheWheelADV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm on the fence whether or not to get the Ducati crash bars. I already have the enduro bash plate and Barkbusters. Are they worth it in your opinion?
  13. Southtrails19

Southtrails19 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's a top heavy bike and if you plan on off-roading I think it's worth it. At $300 for the pretty radiator cover fairing and $700 for the gas tank fairing (which I cracked without crash bars on a rocky ohv trail). I think the protection is worth it haha
  14. TheWheelADV

TheWheelADV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I suppose you are right if the crash bars prevent the tank fairing and or radiator from getting damaged. Because of the close proximity of the bars to the side fairings it seems that they would be likely to suffer some cosmetic damage, at least, though obviously less damage than if you didn't have the crash bars installed. Without actually laying the bike on its side hard to tell how much protection, if any, the Barkbusters alone would provide for the tank fairing.
  15. ajy1w

Oddometer:
    The wheeladv, I would highly recommend crashbars. Depending on what year your bike is. The 2019s get a better Ducati crashbar option. Then 17,18. Mine is 18 model year and the Ducati crash bars could be better in design. They are tight to the bike. But I have downed the bike twice on pavement before I added the barkbusters.
    And no damage other then the bars moving against the side panels because the screws and brackets bent. Replacement parts were $140. And very easy to change out. 15 to 30 minutes. I think i have 5 downs on record. So I think the bars moved after the 3rd. Some Aftermarket crashbars are cheaper, and may offer better protection then The Ducati bars for 17,18.
  16. TheWheelADV

TheWheelADV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I didn't realize there was more than one Ducati crash bar that would fit a 2019 950. Not many places selling the newer version (part number 96780561C). Top brackets and front connection are different.

CrashBars.png
  17. ajy1w

Oddometer:
    I may be wrong. I had seen a different bar configuration on a new 950s. The part #C looks identical to mine. I do not have the A part in your diagram. It definitely helps in protection. If you take it off road you will drop it. Was out last night practicing difting and downed it twice. Softly.

Attached Files:

18. Southtrails19

Southtrails19 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have the "C" part number for my 950S. I had to switch from the Heed crash bars as they wouldn't work with the ducati skid plate and a couple months ago I still saw no aftermarket skid plate.
  19. TheWheelADV

TheWheelADV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Since you already had the Ducati skid plate did you have to switch out the rod that goes through the frame when you installed the crash bars?
  20. Southtrails19

Southtrails19 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, the replacement bar with the crash bars are made to fit the skid plate, very easy to change out, instructions call for engine support from the bottom, but I've changed the bar out a few times and never needed it.