Ducati Multistrada 950 off road?

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by waderman, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Derek Nickell

Derek Nickell faux social

Oddometer:
    Some slower off-road on a '17 Multi 950
    ajy1w, lvscrvs and Southtrails19 like this.
  2. Derek Nickell

Derek Nickell faux social

Oddometer:
    My current setup. 2017 950 with some bits.

IMG_0202.jpeg
  3. picknpluck

picknpluck Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    @Southtrails19 what are your thoughts on the Scorpion Rallys compared to the Trailmax Missions? My Trailmax are getting close to needing replacement and I have a trip to eastern and central Oregon in a few weeks that will largely consist of dirt. I'd like to replace the tires before the trip and wondering if I'll need something a little more aggressive.
  4. Southtrails19

Southtrails19 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @picknpluck So here's my take on them.

Trailmax missions
    Pros- Great treadlife (I've read multiple people getting 10k to even 14k), fair on/off road, most true 50/50 tire I've ran.

Cons- Heavy tire (enough to be noticeable on road that I didn't enjoy), not great at clearing mud out, since tread is cut in multiple directions it is harder to power slide

Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR
    Pros- Great in canyon twisty's, good in sand/dirt, power slides easy due to lateral cut lobes

Cons- softer rubber compound so shorter mileage life.

I'm switching back to the STR's ;)
    TheWheelADV and ajy1w like this.
  5. picknpluck

picknpluck Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hmmm....interesting...also considering TKC 80s. Hitting east/central OR in a few weeks with a heavy dirt focus...
    Southtrails19 likes this.
  6. Southtrails19

Southtrails19 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I like the looks of those 80's as well. I just wrapped scorpion trail II's back on for a slab ride going through 11 states back West to Cali.
    picknpluck likes this.
  7. Tenerrod

Tenerrod Make it shiny

Oddometer:
    The '80s are a great tyre off road, sand and loose deep gravel. They made it across Oz and back on my 800 Tiger fully loaded, the MTS would chew them out on the tar if you were a bit happy with the throttle.
    If/when l get an MTS l would not hesitate to run TKC 80's for that extra security off road.
    picknpluck and Southtrails19 like this.
  8. ajy1w

ajy1w Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just thought I would toss this in. I test road Tigger 900 back to back with the 850GS today. Still cant find love for the GS850. The Tigger was really nice, comfy, great feel and the engine was sweet. Got back on my MTS950 and it's just a better bike. Simple the Multi 950 is a great bike for me. Have not found a replacement. The V4 multi does nothing for me. The plastic gills on the sides are poor design. Also in a video of off road testing the plastic lower fins can off in minutes.
    Southtrails19 likes this.