Ducati Multistrada 950S reviews

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by WagonWillie, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Southtrails19

Southtrails19 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I strongly agree that the MTS is a better looking bike and I think with a smaller front wheel it will perform better on the street where lets be honest, a majority of riding is done.
  2. WagonWillie

WagonWillie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep, I'm on board with both the previous posts! Not only that, but the decision may get even harder if BMW steps up with a good competitor to both the AT and the 950S this fall.
  3. Southtrails19

Southtrails19 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm curious to what rear rack for luggage and the box are for the 950s in the pic. I was looking at putting on mosko moto's backcountry panniers to whatever bike I get next.
  4. johnnywheels

johnnywheels Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone have experience living with a 950S in a hot climate? I’ve read the engine can dump a lot of hot air on the rider. I live in a place where it’s 85+ F for most of the year and am wondering if this would be a concern.
  5. Kibo303

Kibo303 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll put in my 2 cents on this one although I don't own the 950s. I have the Hyperstrada with the 939 engine (same as 950s) and live in South Florida. I've put 24,000 miles on it so I feel I have enough experience with this. The engine is HOT, runs between 200-220, the fan kicks on at 220. The fan blows air right onto your left leg. I understand this is the same as the 950's. At slow speeds in town it's pretty bad during summer riding months, even at I95 speeds (90mph) you can feel the heat wafting by your legs. All that being said I don't mind it much as I'm very used to hot environments. I'm an engineer on a boat and my daily work space runs 104-130 deg. I would never ride the bike with less than jeans, I rode with shorts one afternoon and burnt my legs (think bad sunburn). I will say with my Klim riding pants I had no heat issues. The thicker material plus the knee pads seemed to help a bunch. I've loaned the bike to friends and they complained allot about it. I've just moved to Italy and winter is coming, so I'm looking at buying the 950s for its heat. lol I'm hoping it will help keep me warmer this winter. If your sensitive to high heat then this would be a concern.
    bobw likes this.
  6. johnnywheels

johnnywheels Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Moved to Italy? I'm jealous! Thanks for the insight. I'd say South FL and Mississippi have similar climates. I never ride with less than kevlar jeans.

BTW - I also worked in hot engine rooms for most of my career, first on steamships, then land-based power plants. Now I have a cushy office job :)