Ducati Multistrada V4

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Yossarian™, Feb 9, 2021.

1. brianpc

brianpc Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    i would hope, haha. @portiadog 's post about his 1260 made me disheartened that it's probably low priority for Ducati software and we might not see it for a while.
    I'm pretty decent about converting kph / km when I ride & drive in Europe and metric volume / weight I already use for cooking/baking, but BAR isn't commonly used anywhere here in the US with any of our air tools / tire equipment - even turbo/supercharged cars here still measure boost in PSI but I do hear BAR units pop up now and again.
  2. Requiem84

Requiem84 Riding around the world @gravelforbreakfast.com

Oddometer:
    I see my post has been taken way too seriously! :)
    Gordon Bennett and TakSD like this.
  3. brianpc

Oddometer:
    Your post has nothing to do with the fact that my USDOT motorcycle displays TPMS readouts in a non-USDOT format, that's Ducati's fault. The trolling part of your post, that was all you, yeah. :)
    num1husker likes this.
  4. coloktmGS

coloktmGS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone have any luck on a service manual for the V4 multi? I really would like to do my own basic services. I can't believe we can't find this...
    Jmjenia likes this.
  5. brianpc

Oddometer:
    I thought I read on the ducati ms forum that it's either not out yet or some of it is out but it's basic, as Ducati is expecting owners to take it to the dealers (for now). Not surprisingly, really.
  6. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
  7. brianpc

Oddometer:
    I want to see the details (possible power increase, suspension info about that semi-active Ohlins, etc) but at this point I dunno if I'd swap out from my V4S sport.. In a perfect world I'd have both :D
    The "Race" mode over enduro sounds really neat but the suspension mode settings he described don't sound road friendly w/ bumps/etc, and I wouldn't plan to track it.
    If it's CF bits and the Ohlins and 17" front wheel only w/ race mode, I dunno if I could justify a trade-up to it, but I'll be considering it once it gets announced. :)
  8. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    Agreed. I'm going to wait to see the actual product, and test it, before deciding if I would want to swap for it.

So far, I have very few faults to find with my V4S. And the ones I have found, are pretty much relative to the product it replaced, not true faults.
    brianpc likes this.
  9. Linkdead

Linkdead Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The only thing that will make me consider the new PP is if it has the actual Streetfighter V4 motor in it. I prefer the 19 inch front tire and I just don't care about SSSA on adventure bikes.

I would consider replacing my SFv4 with a PP though if it has the same power as the SF and same comfort as the Multistrada V4.
  10. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    The prototype shows the Gran Turismo V4 engine. Same as the current v4s Multi. There would have to be some major chassis changes to accommodate the street fighter engine.
  11. fxrjon

fxrjon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was out riding my 2013 1200s today on a quick errand, when I got home I saw that video. My first impression was the v4 is MASSIVE looking. Im sure it was some of the angles they showed but it definitely seems a bit beefier than the old ones. It's odd, I didnt have that reaction when I saw the v4s in person (although its clearly bigger for sure) just something about the PP made it look squat. Still want one, still not sure it would be substantially better than my 2013 for the cost.

My guess is its the 10/28 reveal "Rule all mountains"
  12. Jetpilot5

Jetpilot5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    upload_2021-9-27_19-19-4.jpeg
    YZFBogie, hitmike, KeithU and 3 others like this.
  13. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    YZFBogie and brianpc like this.
  14. TakSD

TakSD Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Maybe it looks bigger because it was parked next to a couple hypermotards!!!

The PPv4 definitely has the want and need boxes ticked by me
  15. brianpc

Oddometer:
  16. Moronic

Moronic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not to deny the justification in today's world and I'd want psi myself, but it's interesting to see where we are.

Once upon a time when you bought a bike that had been made in another country, the gearshift was on whatever side they preferred in that country. The gearshift pattern was whatever the maker thought was easy. The speedo might have had a transfer on the dialface that converted the units. The warning lights might be labelled in the maker's national language. Your Italian, Spanish or German bike was an exotic, and adopting the way it did things was part of he fun.

If you wanted it all done the local way then you bought a bike built locally. Now Ducati has a menu system that speaks a bunch of languages. But it also can tell you the tire pressure while you're riding, and people think it needs to make that location friendly too.

I'm getting that perspective I used to attribute to my grandfather: "Seen a lot of change in my lifetime ..."
  17. rick danger

rick danger The further adventures of

Oddometer:
  18. brianpc

Oddometer:
    There was also a time not long ago where people said financing motorcycles was ridiculous, and everything you'd want to own was a $3k or $5k purchase.
    Or a scant 20 years ago where brand-new Ducatis had unforgivable, critical manufacturing flaws or serious mechanical issues after 3000 miles, and were considered massively unreliable and you'll have it in the shop for weeks at a time, you'll wait months and months for parts, etc, etc - these stigmas still persist.

Progress is progress. BMW and KTM's HQs are not too far from Bologna, and they don't seem to find the difficulty with grasping the concept of a US market preferring PSI as a unit of measurement.
    I get your point, but this seems less of "italian character" and more "fucking idiotic". Unless you're hinting that "italian character" is "fucking idiotic"? If so, well played. :)
  19. Rebelheart

Rebelheart Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello all. While looking at possible accessorie options for Multistrada (I'm considering buying one) I stumbled on tyre pressure sensor. Does V4S come with tyre pressure sensors or that is an option?
  20. goodhorsey

goodhorsey Naai jou ma Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’ve heard the manufacturer’s website is a good place for looking up answers to these kind of questions. And a lot more reliable than asking dickheads like me on forums like this.