Ducati Multistrada V4

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Yossarian™, Feb 9, 2021.

1. brianpc

brianpc Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's only a dickheaded response because it's a more complex answer than "go check the dealer's site" - since you don't seem to own a V4S (judging by your signature?) read on and be informed.

Yes you can buy tyre pressure (TPMS) sensors for the Multistrada, IIRC they're about $200 USD each. There are separate part numbers for the sensors depending on if you have cast vs. spoked wheels. Part numbers for each are:

96680672A - cast
    96680921A - spoked

AFAIK the Multi does not come from the factory with these sensors on the wheels. I bought my '21 V4S Sport (or "Full", whatever it's called) which is fully optioned but did not come with them installed - the 2022s may have them on the wheels, but I don't know.
    There's also a software activation required for the sensors and dash display enablement and I don't know if this is charged a full hour of labor by the dealer, but you'll need this done at the time of sensor install on the wheels - maybe best to wait when you're getting new tires.

Also the dash readout is only in BAR (not PSI), but if you're spelling tire "tyre", that may be ok for you. :) Hope this helps.
    BCC, Rebelheart and TakSD like this.
  2. DucSyd

DucSyd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a V4S and they don’t come with tyre pressure sensors as standard they are an option.
    Rebelheart likes this.
  3. Rsquared

Rsquared Un-Supervised Slacker

Oddometer:
    Traded the GS for this one, and I have a couple of questions:
    Which crash bars? I’m looking at the Ducati bars and the SW Motech. Any others?

Are there any spare 12 volt circuits switched on with the ignition?

2F73395C-9D7C-4124-855D-6250D8556675.jpeg
    Kona990, GsGrins, sleepyOwl and 4 others like this.
  4. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    12 nav pigtail hidden behind RS of dash, two powerlet sockets.

I run without crash bars, so haven't looked at offerings.
    Rsquared likes this.
  5. Rebelheart

Rebelheart Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you for information, much obliged :)
  6. brianpc

Oddometer:
    Speaking of TPMS: Would I be an a-hole if I asked my dealer to be present when they pop the tires off the wheels to see if there's TPMS sensors on the bike already? I really want to know.
  7. motocopter

motocopter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is it possible to determine if TPMS sensors are present by the look of the valve stem?
  8. rick danger

rick danger The further adventures of

Oddometer:
    Maybe a flash light and magnifying glass and look for any marks or writing? If they arent 90 degree stems you could unscrew the valve and try to push a thin wire in. Should go right in with no TPMS?
  9. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    Are you postulating that Ducati installed the sensors on all bikes (like the RADAR hardware) and that they merely need to be activated in the system?
  10. motocopter

motocopter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not at all. Just a straight forward question. Do you have an answer?
  11. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    No, I don't have an answer.
  12. brianpc

Oddometer:
    I am postulating this, yes, only because I don't know for sure, but I was told by the dealer they don't.
    However, KTM / BMW equip sensors on high-optioned bikes at the factory, and Ducati said the early V4S bikes would be fully optioned bikes and no base models, so it's possible.
    Also I took a couple photos of the angled valve stems and compared them to the sensors and it looks similar? I don't know.

Part of me presumes that Ducati would nickel-dime and not go extra and equip sensors on any bikes ($400 for 2 sensors spent so far and they're neat desk decorations currently!) but the other part of me thinks they could be on there and just require the software enablement to function and I'd be stuck with extra sensors? Haha.
    I'm usually not this pessimistic but I was also trying to find out definitively if there were TPMS sensors installed on the bike from the factory and nobody could tell me one way or the other, for sure, when I bought it.
    motocopter likes this.
  13. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    From what I can tell (disclaimer!) the TPMS valve stems have a metal cap, and it appears to my untrained eye that the stems are at a true right angle (90 degrees) from the valve body, while the B19 marked units on my V4S have plastic caps and the stems are angled slightly upward.
    motocopter likes this.
  14. brianpc

Oddometer:
    Do both have the gray wide base? That's what made me suspect the possibility - the stems on my bike have that wide gray base that it seems like the TPMS sensors have also. I'll check mine if they're angled slightly upward or not but they don't appear so. I'm currently running the FOBO TPMS caps and they're sticking out at a right angle.
  15. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    AFAICT, yes, they both have a gray wide base. The valve stem hole in the spoked wheels (which I have) is fairly large.
    brianpc likes this.
  16. hypersports

hypersports Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can't believe this bike doesn't have them already installed from the factory and everything enabled as soon as you buy it. Also can't believe that you can't get answers about this stuff, weird.
  17. brianpc

Oddometer:
    Neither could I. Seeing from your sig that you own a 2020 KTM SDGT, I helpfully told the dealer and service tech that KTM and BMW have no issues rolling bikes from the factory with sensors installed (and sometimes even enabled already), and those bikes are much cheaper. :) Never had this much PITA with TPMS on the last 2 brand new bikes I've bought (1290 GT and R1200GS).

I complained about it on my "Multistrada experience feedback" form I got from Ducati NA, but I have little faith in that actually yielding a positive outcome or improvement.
  18. Blakduk

Blakduk Don’t be too practical.

Oddometer:
  19. Jklotz

Jklotz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's quite the man cave you got there!
    Rsquared likes this.
  20. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    Blakduk likes this.