Ducati Multistrada V4

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Yossarian™, Feb 9, 2021.

1. brianpc

brianpc Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where are you seeing that price? Dealer quoted me $2k for spoked wheels from the accessory catalog. (Presuming V4S Sport purchase + spoked wheels accessory add, no trade / option swap)
  2. Jmjenia

Jmjenia n00b

Oddometer:
    I put a deposit down on a new V4S spoked on Thursday. Should only be a few weeks, I'm told. Fingers crossed. :-)
    jimmex and Yossarian™ like this.
  3. TXFezzer

TXFezzer n00b

Oddometer:
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OK. Although Ducati says the V4S is available with the optional spoked wheels there is an upcharge (they are circa $2300 option). You can order the V4S with spoked wheels from the factory.

You can not order a V4S Sport from the factory with spoked wheels. Ducati won't build one that way ( at least I was unable to do so). To get spoked wheels on a V4S Sport, it's a dealer installed "replacement" so you work your dealer the best you can.
    In my case, the dealer was willing to provide "some" trade-in value on the cast wheels and tires ( I want & will get the Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR's) but you should expect to pay something extra for the spokes even if you don't swap out tires. I doubt any dealer will do an even trade. The spokes are stronger (and may be more expensive to produce) than the cast wheels.

Yes , there is a circa $2k price bump for the "Sport" which includes the "Performance" package ( Akra, CF bits) but the Sport is the only way to get the tri-color livery which I wanted.

Here's what it looks like w/o the spoked wheels and other options installed...... It's take a week or more for all the work to be completed.

Attached Files:

jimmex likes this.
  4. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    That was the price difference for a V4S with cast vs spoked wheels (MSRP)
  5. brianpc

Oddometer:
    Yeah - I am guessing that number goes out the window with the V4S Sport.

I asked my dealer about a V4S sport and a possible swap with spoked wheels, and if he can't do it, I'll just get the V4S with spoked.
    Doesn't hurt to ask. I'd still get a V4S with spoked in red/white if that's all they can manage.
    Yossarian™ likes this.
  6. chrishsu

chrishsu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Several dealers within 100 miles have V4Ses in stock and I have scheduled a test ride with the closest one this weekend and am planning to buy one. I understand there is a shortage across the board but would like to know what incentives I might be able to negotiate. Discount on the MSRP, accessories, extended warranty plan..etc?
    Thanks in advance!
  7. Jmjenia

Jmjenia n00b

Oddometer:
    I can only speak for my experience as I put a deposit down on a V4S last week. I worked with 3 dealerships and none offered any deals at all. Even the one I have a history with. All were at MSRP and then varying fees on top of that. Freight, set-up, etc. I don’t think they were gouging me they just know what they have and demand is very high. And if you want something specific like I did (red, spokes) they were even harder to find. None of the 3 places I contacted had one in stock, other than a demo.

So, I had to drive 400 miles round trip to test ride one and put a deposit down and order it. And wait….and wait…
    r0man likes this.
  8. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    Depends upon the dealer, and your relationship with the dealer.

I've a long standing relationship with my dealer, and was able to negotiate well. It made my V4S considerably less expensive than its competition, unless you count the discounted leftover KTMs.
    motoman12 likes this.
  9. chrishsu

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing your experience
  10. chrishsu

Oddometer:
    ">
    Great to know it’s negotiable depending on relationship and circumstances. At least it’s not like HD dealers sold only MSRP before 2000 time
  11. chrishsu

Oddometer:
    I have a Zumo XT and plan to use it on the V4S. What mount options are available? Also would you get crash bars? How about extended warranty beyond the factory 2 years?
  12. brianpc

Oddometer:
    I'm on the fence about the crash bars + skid plate - I like them but I dunno if I need them day 1. That said, I might do the whole package if the dealer can hook up the price (doubtful) because I do want the aux lights.

TBH the bike's default options are pretty decent - I do want the aux lights, TPMS, topcase & color insert, and the liner bags for panniers & topcase, and I'm debating getting them a la carte vs. the Enduro and Travel packages.
  13. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    I use a Tackform handlebar mount with an AMPS compatible face; it attaches directly to my Garmin Montana cradle. I assume it would also work for a Zumo.

(garmin on the left, similar Tackform phone mount on the right)
    0602211017_HDR.jpg

There are a couple manufacturers of mounts that go above the windscreen adjuster. Iconic Parts UK and, I believe, Evotech.

Givi makes a mount that can attach directly to the handlebar clamp.

There are probably others, but these give you some placement options.
    brianpc likes this.
  14. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    Check with your dealer to see if they offer accessory discount after bike purchase. I usually see a 10-25% off accessories following the bike sale.

If you cannot get any discount, I can hook you up with a 10% off during the month of June for any genuine Ducati accessories*. Just PM me.

* USA lower 48 only, valid for Ducati-branded accessory purchases over $99, order ships free.
    Jmjenia and brianpc like this.
  15. chrishsu

Oddometer:
    ">
    Many thanks for the help! I definitely will want AUX lights, bag liners and crash bars. I’ll see if the dealer is willing to offer discounts if not will reach out
  16. chrishsu

Oddometer:
    That's a very cool setup! they aren't blocking the dash and you can easily reach and view the GPS or phone.
  17. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
    Thanks much.

Here's a reverse photo of the mount with the AMPS plate. I like the Tackform stuff because it's all metal, works great, and its "footprint" is considerably less than the equivalent RAM options (which I also use and like.)
    0602211017a_HDR.jpg
  18. chrishsu

Oddometer:
  19. Yossarian™

Oddometer:
  20. chrishsu

Oddometer:
    Excellent! I've been using RAM's stuff and they are definitely bulky, not as clean as Tackform.
    Yossarian™ and brianpc like this.