Ducati Multistrada V4

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Yossarian™, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Jmjenia

Jmjenia n00b

Oddometer:
    I've used the Givi Tank Lock system on my past few bikes and they've never let me down. I already bought the TankLock Bag Ring for the V4S. I still don't have either. :dirtdog

As for the keyless gas cap, I'm interested. For me, the benefit of the fob is to put it in a pocket or someplace and not have to fiddle with it. It appears that it's plug and play? Does it just have some connectors that it plugs into?
  2. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    Not sure, its internal, as in you can't see anything moving. You can hear it when you change modes
  3. ptc05ADV

ptc05ADV Looking for adventure Supporter

Oddometer:
    Eastern Ontario, great roads & lots of deer
    +1 regarding the durability of the MS Enduro spoked. I took my 2016 1200 Enduro with Michelin Wilds on both front and rear and hit several rocks but had NO issues at all. Saw a BMW cast wheel on a F750 broken but an expedient repair (JB weld) got him back to Fairbanks. My 1260 Enduro hasn't been assaulted similarly yet.
  4. Ocotillo Boy

Ocotillo Boy Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone have an idea of when the radar will work?
  5. TommyTuenz

TommyTuenz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am also wondering about the radar and blind spot activation.
  6. brianpc

brianpc Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anybody know - does the V4S Sport come with heated grips / TPMS from the factory? It shows "included" in the list of equipment on the website for that bike. The radar comes equipped - or are those options that are installed at time of purchase by the dealer?

Edit: Heated grips yes, TPMS no.

Talked to my sales guy, he says it's all confusing when it comes to the configurator. The V4S Sport is the "Full" spec and comes with everything the V4S does, in addition to the Akra / CF fender / paint scheme.

TPMS is an actual add-on dongle and not a software-update-addon! I figured like a lot of motos these days, it'd come pre-installed and activated via software, but nope.
    Yossarian™ likes this.
  7. Tripped1

Oddometer:
    Heh so its just a matter of adding sensors? Of there is some special $500 Ducati bit you have to have?

Because otherwise you can just grab a $130 Cyclops kit, they work fine.
  8. brianpc

Oddometer:
    It's a $212 option on their site, and then you have to install it and probably update the software:

I'm buying a V4S sport tomorrow and the sales guy thought like I did - that maybe the TPMS came installed and is a software update on the bike to "activate", but it apparently does not? It's not enabled on the menu, might need to be hooked up to the diagnostic comp to enable, but AFAICT it's an option and not installed.

Also half the accessories I want are not in stock, no telling when they'll show up - but that's normal these days. :)

Attached Files:

9. brianpc

Oddometer:
    Welp, I got it. Needs a 17" front wheel, first. :jack:jack:jack:jack:jack:jack:jack:jack:jack:jack:jack

Anybody able to find out about the TPMS dongles - do they come pre-installed on the bikes from the factory? My sales guy had no idea.

Attached Files:

Tripped1, jimmex, Steve W. and 2 others like this.
  10. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    I hope you like it despite the amazingly large front wheel.
    brianpc likes this.
  11. brianpc

Oddometer:
    Definitely like it, very comfy and fun. I'm waiting for my accessories to show up (mainly, the topcase) but I'm very happy with it.
    I'm still on the hunt for the definitive answer to TPMS - did nobody else here get it on theirs? My TPMS is "on order" but I'm going to really shake my damn head if it's already on the bike and they didn't hook it up to the service diagnostic tool to check. I was under the impression they do that as part of prep - maybe not? Sales guy confirmed it's nowhere to be found on the onscreen menus but they usually hide it until it's enabled by the service tool options.
  12. jimmex

jimmex Guero con moto Supporter

Oddometer:
    Watch out for 19' front wheel; it could be dangerous.:jack
    brianpc likes this.
  13. Tripped1

Oddometer:
    I even admitted the 19" wasn't that bad. :lol3

Luckily I have no real need of a touring rig for the foreseeable future so I can sit back and watch. No where to tour on a 30x40 island
    brianpc likes this.
  14. rick danger

rick danger The further adventures of

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    brianpc likes this.
  15. Tripped1

Oddometer:
    :lol3:lol3:lol3

Also not a touring rig.

....though my wife is on my ass to get a surfboard or something before I go nuts.
    rick danger likes this.
  16. brianpc

Oddometer:
    Ducati USA announced on their Instagram today that Blind Spot & Radar are eligible for activation today - no pricing announced with it. :)

Somebody on ducati.ms was hinting it's "included" for your V4S purchase price now (read: they aren't charging to activate it) - I haven't heard anything from my dealer about it at all yet.
    Yossarian™ likes this.
  17. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    FB_IMG_16251847221592187.jpg
    brianpc likes this.
  18. brianpc

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting this. Last I read it was about $950 or so for the "option" - guessing 1hr labor will be about $100. Maybe a "discount" rounding it up to $1k to activate?
    Will this be a $1k line item cost on future bikes that come with it activated, or do we get the "early adopter activation bonus fee"? :)
  19. Jmjenia

Jmjenia n00b

Oddometer:
    Saw this on YouTube.
  20. Tripped1

Oddometer:
    I got to test the adaptive cruise at the Japanese model launch, its fucking money, totally worth it.
    jimmex and brianpc like this.