Ducati Sixty2

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Nov 16, 2015.

1. elkgrichard

elkgrichard Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What are they thinking with the price tag on that bike anyway?
    docjekyll2002 likes this.
  2. MR65

MR65 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I love this bike.

I don't care about weight or hp really, I am not a full out performance rider.

It looks cool, it souds cool, it is a premium bike, that comes with a premium price - just like the BMW airheads did. It is the way of the world, Hondas cost less than Jaguars.

I will go for the 400cc over the 800cc not based on power, but for ease of riding and much less cost of ownership. In BC 400cc the insurance is $300 pa, 800cc $1200.

Now, how do I clear some space in the garage, convince my wife I need a third bike, and find all that money?

For beauty, character and uniqueness I will pay.

Mike
  3. jdm61

jdm61 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Perhaps that it doesn't cost much less to build than the 803?
    JustKip likes this.
  4. Grebes

Grebes n00b

Oddometer:
    One of my concerns with the 800cc is the limited fuel range, without packing spare gas. I'd be interested in finding out the difference in fuel economy/range between the 800cc and 400cc. The Sixty2 looks like it would make one hell of a camp bike (travel trailer companion) despite the price of admission. I did a good long demo ride on the 800cc, I liked the bike but I really don't need 75 hp to ride surface streets and forest service roads. I'm Looking forward to future reports on this bike.
  5. LuciferMutt

LuciferMutt Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer:
    I have the 803. I ride at a moderate pace most of the time. My fuel light has been coming on at about 140 miles lately, now that the engine is broken in. Farthest I've pushed it yet is 155 miles, at which point I put in about 2.7 gallons. The tank holds 3.5 gallons. No matter your riding style, you should safely be able to do 150 miles between fillups, unless you are really riding with your hair on fire all the time.
    docjekyll2002 likes this.
  6. IMAWILDPARTY

IMAWILDPARTY Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's obscene what I pay. Obscene. I should stick to video games.
    TannerLdJ123 likes this.
  7. Geodude1613

Geodude1613 n00b

Oddometer:
    Whoa...let us know what your impressions!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
  8. Bongolia

Bongolia stop acting

Oddometer:
    And far better looking.
  9. anotheroldfart

anotheroldfart Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ren
    You're telling me that a salesman at Renaissance motorcycle in Tucson actually spoke to you and wanted to sell you a new motorcycle? No joke. Several of my riding chums wanted to deal there but instead went elsewhere for a Guzzi or a Ducati.
  10. LuciferMutt

Oddometer:
    Good lookin' bike Dedave. I like the orange.

I really like my Scrambler Full Throttle, but I hate the matte paint. I guess if I get sick enough of it, it's really only the tank and fender that needs to be repainted.

IN fact, I think I like the Sixty2's tank design better than the 803's. The side panels on the 803 tank are stupid and gimmicky. I wonder if a Sixty2 tank would fit on an 803?
  11. LuciferMutt

Oddometer:
    I actually like the cast wheel design, and I hate tubes. I don't take mine offroad. I've already got ST tires on it.

Good to know the tank will fit!
  12. MoreCheese

MoreCheese Now less Cheezy

Oddometer:
    Oh deer!

Ha ha.

Love the looks and the idea of your Ducati. I can only hope that Ducati corporate will lower the price of the 400 Scrambler with BMW's and other low cc bikes competing in size at a much lower price.
  13. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Florida, but soon fulltime in Robbinsville, NC
    Last I knew, the Scrambler frames and engines are made in Italy, then assembly is done in Thailand. That makes it very difficult to compare pricing to smaller BMW and KTM models that are made entirely in India, based just on displacement.
  14. Moronic

Moronic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ducatis are low volume bikes. Ducati has to charge a premium for them. But often the premium is justifiable on other grounds, IMO. On-paper similarities don't always tell the whole story. And it is not as though the Scramblers are expensive. Ducati does not have a moral obligation to charge nothing for the charm bonus its bikes hold for many.
  15. oalvarez

oalvarez Resident Raggamuffin Supporter

Oddometer:
    The glowing oversight here is that the Honda CRF 450R (and others) are pure purpose built motorcycles while the Ducati Scrambler a more stylized design exercise, first and foremost. The Desert Sled a bit more focused but still so far from a CRFR. Then again, the CRF is less of a road bike than the Ducati Scrambler so it has that going for it.
  16. appliance57

appliance57 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    They're low volume bikes because ducati charges a premium for them. Good work if you can get it. They'll make as many as they can sell.
  17. BackpackerMoto

BackpackerMoto Outcast

Oddometer:
  18. GREY.HOUND

GREY.HOUND Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Added one of these the other day:
    [​IMG]

My first foray into the world of shifting after 4 years of scooters. It's just the bike for the kind of riding I do.
  19. liberpolly

liberpolly Lazy rider

Oddometer:
    So is it worth saving $1000 to get half the engine?
    docjekyll2002 and appliance57 like this.
  20. GREY.HOUND

GREY.HOUND Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ha ha. It's the bike I wanted, but yeah, it isn't a bang for your buck bike in that sense of the word; but there are people like me who are glad it's available. The bigger issue I believe is going to be finding aftermarket accessories.