Dust to Dawson D2D Information Page

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by akrider, Dec 26, 2007.

1. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
  2. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    Passport no passport!
  3. KL5A

KL5A Bugs are the new black

Oddometer:
    from the CBP website-

"Land Travel

Beginning January 31, 2008, U.S. and Canadian citizens 19 years and older who enter the U.S. at land and sea ports of entry from within the Western Hemisphere will need to present government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license as proof of identity, along with proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate or naturalization certificate, or a passport. Children age 18 and under will be able to enter with proof of citizenship. Verbal claims of citizenship and identity alone will not be sufficient to establish identity and citizenship for entry into the United States.

Note: Children age 18 and under will need to present a birth certificate, naturalization certificate or a passport to enter the U.S."

So it would appear that for one more year you can sneak across the border without an actual passport.

http://www.customs.ustreas.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/ready_set_go/land_travel/
  4. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hard to believe this made it to page 4.
    Mark your calander for June 19 and 20
  5. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    D2D news is good news. Gotta keep this on page one.
  6. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:

That being said, here's what I have. I made contact with Glacier and ArcticFlyer over the weekend and gave them the go-ahead for the official shirts and D2D stickies. AKTroy is heading up the name tags with the help of Flyer's most excellent artistic touch. I should have a preview of both in front of me soon. Once the final decision has been made by the D2D Countersteering Committee I/we will post photos. Both Glacier and AF assured me that this year's shirt will be totally trick. have an Alaskan/Yukon/GWN theme, and will be highly coveted.

Be prepared for the price to be near $25.00 US. Before any of you start hammering me (or the committee) re: the price.... remember that D2D is still a free "gathering" and spending the bucks on a way-cool shirt is merely an option. These shirts will only be available in DC during the "gathering" and they will not be for sale online. Shirt sales will take place in the DowntownDawson watering hole and streetside. A big thanks to both Glacier and AF for stepping up for this one. Both of these guys are fronting the startup money and I think we need to support them. GlacierC may be recruiting a couple of sales babes to assist in this operation. KodiakFrank..... your application has already been rejected. We may try to set up some type of "what's your size" data base to help get an idea of what to order. More to come.
    AKRider is currently on a fact finding mission in Florida and the D2D CounterSteering Committee will gather upon his return.
    Carry On. Fite
  7. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    A big ADV thanks to Glacier Craft and Arctic Flyer for fronting the $$$ for a very collectable D2D T. Spoke with AF on some design options......he's on it like a hobo on a hammy. Very creative and the T's will be of the highest quality. $25 for this years T is a bargain. Can't say anymore about the design.....rest assured....you guys and gals are going to LOVE IT!

Katoomer
  8. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:

"like a hobo on a hammy"

WTF?????

NICE!
  9. Phish

Phish Fishbone

Oddometer:
    Fite, will we be able to pay in advnce on line as we did last year ?
  10. kodiakfrank

kodiakfrank Gloria's Cheerleader

Oddometer:
    I AM DEVASTATED!

:cry

:lol3
  11. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:

Great question....
    Let me get back to you on that.
    As it stands now it looks like we will not be doing any purchasing on line for shirts or banquet tickets. That may change.
    GlacierCraft is heading up this venture (his $) and he may come up with something cyber.
    I talked to Barb today and she mentioned that she would be willing to sell the shirts through Alaska Leather but probably only after D2D '08.

GlacierCraft to the white courtesy phone....
    GlacierCraft to the white courtesy phone....
  12. motomac

motomac Mac

Oddometer:
    Is it necessary to reserve a camp site if you are tenting???
  13. AKTroy

AKTroy BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer:
    Still waiting to hear back from Dick on this. Although if you look back at some previous post youll find info on the govt campgrounds that are available.
  14. motomac

motomac Mac

Oddometer:
    I have looked at all the posts, but I'm not sure I'll be in Dawson City at the time fo the event, so I'm reluctant to reserve a spot and not be able to be there. If I make it and can put up my tent somewhere without a reservation, I would feel a bit better. Thanks for the response though.
  15. GlacierCraft

GlacierCraft Gruven Again

Oddometer:
    At this time, the shirts will only be available in Dawson. The pre-purchase plan last year was a dismal failure.
    If anything changes you will be the first to know.

16. AKTroy

Oddometer:
    Short answer, yes.
  17. See-Double-You

See-Double-You Long timer

Oddometer:
    There are about a half dozen campgrounds in/around Dawson. If there was a specific spot you wanted, a reservation might be needed. Otherwise, there's nothing to worry about.

The Yukon River (government owned) campground has 100+ spots, and I'd guesstimate that it was at no more than 50% capacity in 2007.
  18. motomac

motomac Mac

Oddometer:
    That is kinda what I'm used to when tenting. Thanks!!!
  19. Arcticflyer

Arcticflyer Dei gratia

Oddometer:
    To All,

Last year we came up short on a few sizes. In an effort to have the right ratio of sizes printed; I would like to suggest that all those interested in shirts forward their size and qty to AKTROY. AKT can then add this info to the main list.

So there is no misunderstanding this is not a preorder process nor will this gurantee the sizes you want will be available upon your arrival in Dawson.
    I will however make an effort to ensure that the people that provide the info to AKT will have their shirts in Dawson.

AF
  20. AKTroy

Oddometer:
    The response for this has been great!

Ive been receiving request for long sleeve tees with a few "talls" thrown in.

At the start of this these were going to be short sleeve tee's. Primarily to keep the cost down. After getting these request its been looked into and found that the cost of the garment is more. Which is all thats being passed on to the rider. Artwork and processing are being handled by very generous people.

Its 3.00 more for a long sleeve tee and an adtional 2.00 for anything over a XXL just to get the tee before printing. There is talk of scaling back the graphics on the front of the shirt to start cutting cost.

I for one think we should jut stick with short sleeve shirts and let the artwork shine. But this is up for disscussion.

What say you?