DVDaze Sign-up List

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Mr. G, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Rapid Dog

Rapid Dog bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer:
    ...considering the weather right her in Helldale, my sentiments exactly Donkey dude...:shog
  2. KenR

KenR Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm out too. Same deal as Donkey's...a pull down from northern Utah will cost me over $400.00 and 12 hours of round-trip drive time for questionable quality ride time.

I'm bummed. :cry
  3. TheRackman

TheRackman RideTodayItMayBeYourLast!

Oddometer:
  4. 2old2race

2old2race I wana ride

Oddometer:
    What are their screen names :confused
  5. TheRackman

Oddometer:

Keith Rosendahl is: ownst1100<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_6150789", true); </SCRIPT> (BLUES TRAVELER 04'GSA)

Mark Ross I don't know his screen name.
  6. 2old2race

2old2race I wana ride

Oddometer:
    Is Keith the ADV guy who built that ADV stove and tarp set up?
  7. TheRackman

Oddometer:
    Yes, that is him.
  8. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cold and wet outside, warm and dry inside! Ballsy too....:clap
  9. AngryScot

AngryScot .

Oddometer:
    Arrived back "riding" from DV this morning after a night of rain and a morning full of mud, ice, gravel, sand, wind and ear to ear grins! Staying in Bakersfield tonight then a smooth twisty ride home tomorrow!

Never saw so many GS's & KLR's IN TRUCKS!!!!!!!:huh :huh :huh :huh

Some folks trucked down the small bikes (I understand that). Come on folks, I am a nOOb and I rode down it was not that bad! Well if snow/ice and high winds are not bad. The ride over was challenging and lots of "adventure" moments. Plus I almost crashed when I saw my first GS in a truck! :lol3

Anyway I took a metric shit ton of pics! Will start a ride report tomorrow or later this week!

Thank to all who bought stickers, I just recouped my costs, thanks! And I have a tiny bit left over for the playground here. I still have some stickers if you were not able to find me at camp.
    I move to Maddbrit & Popey's site after a bunch of girls didn't make it :hide

Cheer's to all and that was truly an adv ride! For some it was a ARV ride (adventure RV? should we start a site?) :dunno :hide

Met cool people, eat good food, rode some amazing stuff, saw amazing views and laughed my big scottish butt off a number of times!

GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:D :clap :ricky
  10. mjf

mjf Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just returned from a great trip. The weather was great all day Friday and Saturday. The rain came very late last night while we were sleeping and was nice this morning. Met a lot of new people and camped a bit with Mark and Keith. I even saw a couple more TE610s.
  11. Thump_it

Thump_it Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey now i may have trailered my KLR, but at least i didn't stay home with some lame excuse:rofl Next time i promise to ride... like a man should
    Thanks for the great stickers
  12. AngryScot

AngryScot .

Oddometer:
    Come on let a wee scot have some fun! :thumb

Good to meet ya, glad you dig the stickers! It was a blast no matter how you got there! :deal

(trailer baby):hide
  13. wotevah

wotevah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey AngryScot and MaddBrit, thanks a lot for the early Friday morning ride to Stovepipe, it kicked off a great riding day despite the lackluster sunrise :D

I spent Sat morning driving the north road - many miles of thick fog, Scotty's was in fog but surprisingly Ubehebe was clear, but so windy I had to struggle to open the door and I left quicky for fear I'll start seeing raw metal if I stay longer in that sandblaster.

I think I busted a strut trailering the bike on the way back, I took a pothole in Barstow of all places, the bike was shaken violently on the trailer, and the strut became very soft, I could pull it down 3-4 more inches with one hand. Also uhaul trailers suck, the front wheel box does not have rolled edges and has eaten into my tire.
  14. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    so did the photoshoot and raffle go off OK without me or Brian to ride herd on the turtles ?
  15. AngryScot

AngryScot .

Oddometer:
    :wave wotevah
    Was great having you along! Every sunrise in DV is amazing in its own way, bit too cloudy that morning but I think we got some good pics.
    :huh on the trailer...glad to hear you are back and safe...the fog was intesting for us too. made us ride faster as we couldn't see any scenery! :lol3
  16. AngryScot

AngryScot .

Oddometer:
    Not many folks but it seemed to go very well....I am now the proud owner of some wee metal gizmo for filling my GS in CA? cool wee reminder of the trip:thumb
    Next time I think I am setting up a web cam and big foooken dish to beam the show live to all the poor folks that couldn't make it!:lol3

:hide
  17. AngryScot

AngryScot .

Oddometer:
    So I took off kinda early Sunday so I may have missed some folks for the decals!

PM me and I will get you sorted. Asking a bit to cover paypal and postage.
    Those that attended get first dibs and if I have any left and anyone wants one I will sell off any remaining so you can look all tough and say you rode in the snow etc.......:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3

GGrrrrrrr
  18. jazzer

jazzer Lost again... Yeah! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here's a little blues tune by Nixels.

<OBJECT height=350 width=425>
    http://www.youtube.com/v/mNPRvLdl4yQ[/URL]" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </OBJECT></P>

Nice Nixels!:clap
  19. AngryScot

AngryScot .

Oddometer:
    fixed! :thumb !!!!

<object height="373" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mNPRvLdl4yQ&rel=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="373" width="425"></object>
  20. nomiles

nomiles Sledge-o-matic

Oddometer:
    ALL RIGHT! :clap :clap

Well done Nicky :thumb

That should in the main ride report thread (or even JM :D )