DVDaze XIII 2008 - Jan. 25-28 2008.

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by KTMSER, Aug 16, 2007.

1. m0to

m0to Under the Big Hard Sun

Oddometer:
    Just visited Pete (Ratman) He's all pinned up and hopes to get home tomorrow! (Saturday)

He's looking pretty good and thanks everyone for the support!
  2. nwgs

nwgs Danned

Oddometer:

:clap

:thumb
  3. GillaFunk

GillaFunk I use profanities

Oddometer:
    FECKING AWESOME!! Glad to hear he is out of the hospital. Those places SUCK BALLS!!! A short and happy recovery to him!
  4. AngryScot

AngryScot .

Oddometer:
    So I still have some left, I managed to recoup cost and have a small amount to go back to the playground.
    If you didn't get any yet, now is the time!

PM me for details!

What ever is made goes back to the site so pay up sucka's :lol3

:D

Only the yellow are left
    [​IMG]

End of sticker service announcement.....
    carry on.........
  5. Benjava

Benjava ?

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the update, I've been wondering.
    Go Ratman !!!
  6. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good to hear that Pete will still keep his foot. Thanks m0to for checking on him and sharing Pete's progress.

Hope all goes well for him.
  7. Ratman

Ratman Lucky Rider

Oddometer:
    ........Where I can drive the missus crazy. It's a few hours before the Superbowl, and time is running slow.

I've had great care, by both helpful ADVer and hospital staffs...........but the ugly truth is this leg mending stuff is going to be a terrible bore.

I'm not in any pain or haven't been in much, if the leg isn't moving (like turning over in bed). All in all it will be a big bore, and don't know if trips already in the works will take up in 3 months (prolly the soonest that I can expect to ride).

I'm working on (In my mind) an ankle brace.............duh. :clap:clap

Thanks again all for your interest and well wishes. Way cool.
  8. spafxer

spafxer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Ratman,

Sorry to here of your un-intended adventure. Take your time and heal correctly, you'll be riding in no time.

I too broke a leg a few years back. I became a fan of the Food Network and started cooking for the family. We never ate so well before!:evil

Get well soon.

One thing I know.... I will ride very slow if I ever go up Echo Canyon... Remembering Design4D had a problem there too at the Noob ride

Spafxer - jim
  9. SenorPeligro

SenorPeligro Proper Naughty

Oddometer:
    Really sorry to hear you got hurt. All the best for a speedy and full recovery.
  10. DaveBro

DaveBro Long timer

Oddometer:
    Happy healing to you Pete. Hope you don't go stir crazy in the meantime! (Maybe we should each send Pete a good book...)

Dave
  11. mongox

mongox ARRRRGH!!!

Oddometer:
    Slow is bad. That dep stuff you need to carry speed through to make it . going slow, your front wheel pushes the stuff in front of you instead of floating over it. Slow in the deep stuff will put you down every time. choose a gear that gets your revs up at a good speed and whack the throttle, using body english to turn the bike as opposed to trying to steer the bike. Its also important to clinch the tank with your knees, that lets your body move withthe bike instead of flailing in different directions.
  12. spafxer

spafxer Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's my understanding that in these incidents a hidden whoop-de-doo gremlin comes out of nowhere and smacks you down.:roflSort of like a rogue wave of the desert...:evil:evil

But in the deep stuff you are correct. I have found that magic speed to be 42 mph. If I am above 42 I float over the washboard stuff! That's on a 950 Adventure
  13. RiverRat

RiverRat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good to hear ratman! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

yeah the ratman and design4d crashes were totally different. ratman was on a rocky hill climb and design was going down a wide open trail with some huge whoops that caught us all by suprise :eek1 design has a brand new 950 se now
  14. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    :lol3 Until the sand monster reaches up and snatches the bike out from under you. More important than speed is unweighting the front wheel. You can do that at slow speed but you've got to have a really big butt. If you don't have a big butt then adding some speed will help.
  15. Slaniac

Slaniac Martini elbow

Oddometer:
    But, if you have a big butt, and speed, but little or no skills on a motorcycle, you're fucked anyway you cook it.:1drink
  16. Bigger Al

Bigger Al Still a stupid tire guy Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey, that's me!!!:poser
  17. Windrat

Windrat just a poser

Oddometer:
    I've had the sand monster grab my ass more then once:baldy
  18. GillaFunk

GillaFunk I use profanities

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a personal problem. You might want to have the doc look @ that duirng your next annual exam:thumb
  19. Treadless

Treadless avoiding gravity storms if at all possible Supporter

Oddometer:
    above the soil's surface on the left coast

Funk likes a good ass grab! :nod :nod :nod :nod :nod

:augie
  20. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Im glad to see your doing ok after that crash in the rocks,at least as well as can be expected with a broken leg. My friend Chris is the fireman who splinted your leg with the towel and duct tape,I helped some and was out there with you when the truck came to get you out of echo canyon.Heal well RatMan,nice meeting you.