E. TN. ride day

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by OldTriumphRider, Oct 2, 2014.

1. OldTriumphRider

OldTriumphRider Livin the Dream Supporter

Oddometer:
    IF THE PIX DON'T LOOK LIKE THE TEXT .....I FILLED THEM IN WHEN PHOTO BUCKET QUIT ON US .....ALL GREAT PIX OF OUR RIDES !!
    IMGP0003.JPG IMGP0004.JPG IMGP0005.JPG IMGP0006.JPG Just a beautiful day for a ride.

Witt rd , practicing water xings before trip to Utah
  2. ccrider72

ccrider72 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like a fun day!

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
  3. aldntn

aldntn Vgo

Oddometer:
    Some of my favorites!
  4. OldTriumphRider

Oddometer:
    mon 27 of oct 2014 (16).JPG mon 27 of oct 2014 (11).JPG mon 27 of oct 2014 (13).JPG mon 27 of oct 2014 (32).JPG Been keepin an eye on the trees now , just alittle color , but the simple back roads around here just keep making us smile!
    Meet Barb!
  5. 75bronco

75bronco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice stuff my man.
  6. OldTriumphRider

Oddometer:
    Spring ck.JPG Nice day

Done a little 2 up on the 990 toward Reliance. this pic was a road off Starr Mt. at Spring Ck
  7. OldTriumphRider

Oddometer:
    Beautiful day for a color ride in East Tennessee! We rolled out around 10:30 heading for our favorite place , Citico Ck. Headed up toward Farrs Gap and the color along the road was looking better than I expected.
    Spring ck (12).JPG mon 27 of oct 2014 (48).JPG mon 27 of oct 2014 (58).JPG
    Back down to Citico Ck and past Indian Boundary out to the Cherohala
    Made a drink stop at North River camp

Once on Tellico River rd we headed toward Tellico Plains

Then back toward the house on Rt. 360

Great day of riding with my favorite riding buddy!
  8. OldTriumphRider

Oddometer:
    This pic is on Starr Mt . up a trail to the top of a cliff looking back towards Tellico Plains

star mt  ride (19).JPG
    popscycle, klaviator and NxtGoRnd like this.
  9. CKutzGO

CKutzGO Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like a great area and ton of fun! Great pictures :clap

My friend is always telling me this, and he's about 5'3" so it really limits his options.. i guess i should stop thinking he needs to grow a pair and just accept it haha
  10. OldTriumphRider

Oddometer:
    [QUOTE=CKutzGO;25639403]Looks like a great area and ton of fun! Great pictures :clap

Thanks , we're havin lots of fun for old people!!
    Truth is there is lots of security in havin your feet on the ground and being comfortable on a bike , after all , the only problems she has had is stopping and getting a foot slip out on something and puts the bike at a pretty good angle to overcome. She is 5'3" and have that DR with a 3" lowering link and on the low bolt hole on the shock, dropped the forks and cut out the seat!!!! you can see in the pic she is damn near flat footed and comfortable....and havin fun.....and thats why we do it, right!!:clap:clap:clap

My friend is always telling me this, and he's about 5'3" so it really limits his options.. i guess i should stop thinking he needs to grow a pair and just accept it haha[/QUOTE]
    NxtGoRnd likes this.
  11. OldTriumphRider

Oddometer:
    IMGP0005.JPG IMGP0006.JPG IMGP0007.JPG IMGP0009.JPG This time we rode 2 up on the Road King , hadn't been on it for a couple months and my daughter , Jennifer and her boyfriend came by on their way home from Florida on a big Harley. So , off we go to show them the Dragon, just about 25 miles down the road from the house. We don't ride it much but this has to be one of the best times, there was hardly any traffic at all .. but of course the store at Deals Gap was closed... we did get one pic of all of us in front of the sign !! , didn't get the bike pic tho.

On another note , we made a purchase and I'm reading all the scoop on activation....Trying to decide on the GEOS Insurance.... I been trying to hear from anyone who has ever used the Spot or more important , someone who has used the GEOS Insurance...I been trying to figure out if it pays recovery for a broke down bike in the middle of nowhere.... sure like to hear from some SPOT users ...
    klaviator, NxtGoRnd and Ernbo6 like this.
  12. motocopter

motocopter ˙˙˙ƃuᴉɥɔɹɐǝS

Oddometer:
    Great stuff OTR! :D

Always enjoyed my riding in that area.
  13. bobw

bobw Harden the phuck up

Oddometer:
    Glad I found this, better late than never!

I couldn't agree more on the retirement gig being such a great "job" and I am a regular rider of your home turf as I live on the other side of the hills, but I am so jealous that you two are enjoying this riding time together. My wife is extremely supportive of my riding, but just doesn't enjoy it anymore. I understand, but still miss her company and sharing the day, maybe a sidecar :evil

Great report and photos, much good mojo in a ride enjoyed rather than just miles covered IMO and although I enjoy local and cross country riding it truly is ALL GOOD!

Safe travels and Cheers
  14. big-t

big-t Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Its cheaper just to call your buddies to haul your sorry ass out.........or should that be "to haul MY sorry ass out"....:lol3
  15. OldTriumphRider

Oddometer:
    Glad you guys like the pix , to tell the truth , I look at them from time to time myself kinda helps me remember what the hell I do all the time!!!
    I plan on adding to the pix from time to time ,like a diary..
    Todd , it's great to help out a buddy , but I'm not sure any of mine would go very far across country to "haul me out" ,lol
    We need to plan a trip to Utah and stay at the 3 Step Hidaway next yr.:clap
  16. longslowdistance

longslowdistance Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have one but let it lapse. A lot of GPS blind spots in our heavily forested southeastern mountains.
  17. klaviator

klaviator Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great pics and it looks like ya'll are having a blast. I love that area but don't get there often enough.
  18. ChromeSux

ChromeSux Un-plated and Unscrewed

Oddometer:
    Good to see you and the Mrs. today. Hope her heated gear worked out, seems like heated gear will be needed if you ride any the rest of this winter here in E.TN. :D

Phil
  19. OldTriumphRider

Oddometer:
    We only rode for a couple hrs but the gloves and jacket liner done the trick for her, she was warm and toasty the whole time . wasnt' all that cold but the clouds and damp air made it rather cool....cool enough I didn't bother taken a pic of her wearing the new gloves...another day in paradise:evil

Now last Sunday she would have been real cold , cause I wouldn't have let her use my liner to plug them gloves in ,,,lol .. never seen the temp much over the freeze zone! She stays home on days like that anyway..:vardy
  20. 8trackmind

8trackmind Chainsaw Monkey Juggler

Oddometer:
    Great story and photos. Good to see the whole family out on bikes in that area. :thumb