E. TN. ride day

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by OldTriumphRider, Oct 2, 2014.

1. fried okra

fried okra Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    "OldTriumphRider".....you got some old Triumphs still maybe??? What kind 'ya got???

I'm down to 5 of them now :) Four 500cc bikes and a Tiger Cub. Sold all my 650cc/750cc ones.

fried okra
    Extremenc likes this.
  2. OldTriumphRider

OldTriumphRider Livin the Dream Supporter

Oddometer:

I keep her bike ready so when she decides it's time to ride , off we go !
    Now it's time for the Daytona TT , go watch some flat track racing! and do some sand riding around Ocala National Forest !
    May try to get down to MMM , it's only 40 miles from the house, maybe I'll see ya there !
    Extremenc likes this.
  3. OldTriumphRider

Oddometer:

Interesting you should ask , yes I do have a few old Triumphs. Mine are all " 65o units " , my 1st bike was 63 Bonneville, don't have a 63 but I do have a 66 TR 6 , the oldest. Got 5 on wheels and 2 that I'll put together , if I ever get around to it. I'll post some pix on here someday soon. I'm going to sell some , like to get down to maybe a couple. That way I would have enough room in the shop for another KTM ....lol
    Extremenc, bobw and B10Dave like this.
  4. Black Rhino

Black Rhino Hopelessly optimistic cat herder

Oddometer:
    Can't believe I just found this. Great little history with the two of you there , and love the pictures , both old and new. We've been on a bunch of the same roads as well. All the best to the both of you.
    Extremenc and OldTriumphRider like this.
  5. OldTriumphRider

Oddometer:

Thanks for the kind words , rarely a cross word spoken between us , course I don't hear to well anymore. lol
    I was loading the "SEAT " tracks on a buddy's GPS today , have you ever rode any of that track?
    Extremenc and Black Rhino like this.
  6. Tallrider65

Tallrider65 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Couples that ride together just seem to be happier than others, love your pictures.
  7. OldTriumphRider

Oddometer:
    I need to catch up on this tread sometime. Barb is doing well , Aug was a yr since back surgery. Don't know about the bike riding , she says it's a little scary after all the hardware they installed in her back. I don't blame her. She sure give that flower garden the what for this summer! Me ,, I haven't rode since memorial day trip to the Springfield Mile race, had a ruff summer , contacted Shingles in June and haven't got rid of them yet ,,,bad stuff , worse than I ever would have imagined.. Hope to get to ride some this fall.
    The section of the Foothills Pkw from Walland to Wears Valley is suppose to open in Nov!!
    Little pic of what Barb's been doin.. She is havin fun with not so much pain, works awhile and rests ...
    2018 (6).jpg 2018 (7).jpg 2018 (8).jpg
  8. OldTriumphRider

Oddometer:
    Barb's new hardware ..thumbnails , if you can enlarge if you want
    Barbs back (1) - Copy.jpg Barbs back (2).jpg
    Extremenc likes this.
  9. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gardens look great; hardware in the back, not so much. Hope Barb is feeling lots better. As to the shingles, nasty stuff, get well the both of you.
  10. motocopter

motocopter ˙˙˙ƃuᴉɥɔɹɐǝS

Oddometer:
    Checking out this thread on the computer, I can say that garden does look excellent. Kokopelli is a nice touch too. :thumbup
  11. OldTriumphRider

Oddometer:
    I took her to Moab in 2014 to let her ride some of the White Rim Trail , that big saw blade with a Kokopelli cut out of it was what she wanted to bring home … Good eye you got there!!
    Extremenc, klaviator and motocopter like this.
  12. bobw

bobw Harden the phuck up

Oddometer:
    Great news on her surgery and the garden is beautiful! Best of luck with your healing too, I need to look at getting a shot for that as you're now adding to a recent list of folks sharing how miserable Shingles are to manage. Godspeed to you both moving forward!
  13. OldTriumphRider

Oddometer:
    Took a little ride on the big bike today. Near by country side , lake side.
    Oct8th (4).JPG
    Maybe some day she'll get back on the orange bike...She's thinkin bout.
    shuswap1, AdvRich, norton73 and 7 others like this.
  14. OldTriumphRider

Oddometer:
    We're getting back on our feet , sure hope we have a good "next year" , time is clicking by to fast...
    Just positive thoughts for the ones of us that are not getting any better, knowing we all have that day coming..
  15. Extremenc

Extremenc NC Mtn. Man

Oddometer:
    Beautiful....
    OldTriumphRider likes this.
  16. Extremenc

Extremenc NC Mtn. Man

Oddometer:
    Beautiful....
    OldTriumphRider likes this.
  17. OldTriumphRider

Oddometer:

I should come over the hill and ride with you sometime , all the pix you guys post are super!

Everything is gonna be OK ,,, until it ain't again....But we'll take what is given and make the best of it.
    shuswap1, Extremenc and norton73 like this.
  18. 1stgenfarmboy

1stgenfarmboy The Sherpa Man

Oddometer:
    It's great to hear Barb is feeling a little better, I sure hope you guys have many more years of exploring.
  19. OldTriumphRider

Oddometer:

Thank you, just a little hic up compared to what some folks are experiencing . I look at her sometimes just sitting on the patio or picking weeds outa that flower garden and think to myself , what she went through with the surgery and she's still on the go , never complains , ever. I'm so lucky , I was whining all summer about my pain and then I would think about what she went through !
    She put on her pressure suit the other day to see what it felt like now,, all good , I think she's going to be on that orange bike someday , even if it's just a short ride . I keep it ready for her , but I don't say much , it's her decision . I don't think 71 years old is to old to ride a dirt bike , do you? lol
  20. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hope that is not too old , as I am rapidly approaching that milestone myself. Keep on healing Barb and when it feels right; RIDE!!!.