1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Earasers

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by guywithchickens, Jun 23, 2020.

1. guywithchickens

guywithchickens Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I always have to ride on the interstate for a bit to get out of town to good riding. Wind noise at 80mph is LOUD! So I've been on a multi-year journey for the best earplugs for me. I obviously want protection from noise, but I like to still hear other things. I find the foam earplugs make everything muddy and block out all sound. I also want plugs I can put in and wear all day without noticing them.

I'm not usually one to plug a product, but I got superior service from the Earasers folks and I feel compelled to share. (I have no affiliation other than I am a happy customer.)

I've been through many different types of plugs, from cheap foam to expensive silicone (never custom molded, though). The Earasers are shaped very differently, so they are effective and comfortable. They also have a filter that allows "normal" noises to get through relatively unchanged. They are now my favorite plugs.

I did have a slight issue with fit so I sent a note to their customer service contact. The owner gave me his personal cell number and he walked me through some fitting checks and even sent me extra parts to customize the fit at no charge! Now they fit perfectly. Impressive customer support that warrants a plug.

For those interested, here's what I ordered:

https://www.earasers.net/collection...sers-family-quarantine-sanity-survival-bundle

Traxx likes this.
  2. KingOfFleece

KingOfFleece SplitWeight(tm) waterproof seat covers Supporter

Oddometer:
    OK.
    I'll try. Ordered the max reduction at 36db.
    guywithchickens likes this.
  3. Brokenhorse

Brokenhorse Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I used the max industrial erasers and they are good for loud metal grinding, chainsaws, outdoor concerts etc, but very lacking for wind noise for me and won't use them on the bike. Solid plugs for wind noise only for me. Tinnitus since 1990 btw. I'll add do not do any shooting with earasers as they will not protect you.
  4. KingOfFleece

Oddometer:
    Alright. THX. I'll know soon enough.
  5. badge502

badge502 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I tried them, and they worked great for me!!! I got the -19Db plugs, and they wiped out the wind noise completely. Im going to do some high speed droning down the Interstate today, and Ill get back to you with a thumbs up or down... AND I HATE earplugs!!! They are usually real painful after about 15 minutes. Those earasers cut out the wind noise, but NOT the stereo coming through my comm gear! More this afternoon. YMMV. Thanks Guywithchickens !!!
    guywithchickens likes this.
  6. KingOfFleece

Oddometer:
    I just got the minus 22. Not NEARLY enough on wind noise. Did a back to back with the old standby-Howard Leight-not even in the same ballpark. The foam are much superior.
    The earasers are comfortable, though.

Same bike, same helmet, same route. Way different results. We are all different it appears.