East Central Floriduh Dualsport rides thread

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by bronc3, Dec 1, 2007.

1. j0ney3

j0ney3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm ridin LCross this Sunday if any of yall are going up. Scott, good job gettin 5 laps in buddy!
  2. bronc3

bronc3 Lucky 13

Oddometer:

Thanks man, I'd like to hit L-cross this sunday, but will probably stay local. I am supposed to hit a local MX track Saturday, and if it's not flooded I want to hit Bonecrusher Sunday.
  3. brewmann

brewmann Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Soon...man this weather is nice..
  4. brewmann

Oddometer:
    I just don't want to hammer the KTM racing, I have a dilemna, not to sound conceited, but I can pretty much get whatever I want at this stage of the game...but I don't know what I want...I loved my CRF, but I never rode it becuase I didn't have the time to commit to FTR, I was tired of Croom...and tracks on any given Sunday are just plain scary for a 40+ dude...I was looking at a new KTM 530 at Cahills...just sitting on it for 10 minutes made my arse hurt.. (KTM seats SUCK)...I've still got the R1200GS rattling around in my brain....

DAMMIT..I've got too many hobbies & pastimes !!!
  5. bronc3

bronc3 Lucky 13

Oddometer:
    If you want to race FTR, I suggest an orange 300 pinger or a four-fiddy 4T if you must have a heavyweight. I would tag either of them, just for good measure. Keep the current ride for true dual-sport action.

For racing I REALLY liked that 450SX I rode, just not sold on using it for dual-sport. Still I prefer the light feeling and relatively cheap maintenance of my YZ pinger for FTR. The explosive power can be a pain to keep a leash on in the trees, but it's sure is fun when you hit it.
  6. brewmann

Oddometer:
    I was thinking about a 300, but I wan't sure if was to small for me. I'm not really sure if there is that much of a difference between a 450 and 530...
  7. bronc3

bronc3 Lucky 13

Oddometer:
    They are all pretty much the same physical size of course. I know a couple of people that raced 300's, but dropped back to the 200 because they felt the 300 was too much. Power with the 300 will not be an issue for you; it will have plenty.
  8. bronc3

bronc3 Lucky 13

Oddometer:
    BTW - the 450SX I rode was the lightest "feeling" thumper I've ever ridden. Handling was incredible and the power was good. I really like the SX engine as opposed to the EXC's I've ridden. Not saying the XC's are slouches, I just like the power delivery of the SX better, it's very smooth but likes to rev out more. The four speed tranny on the SX worked fine for me in the woods, but it can be made a six speed simply by adding $325 worth of standard parts.
  9. j0ney3

j0ney3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A lot of guys take the CDI off an sx and put in on an exc, I've heard that gives it a boost in terms of power delivery, but let's ur kidneys survive the trail, lol
  10. bronc3

bronc3 Lucky 13

Oddometer:

The SX is supposed to have a shorter stroke, giving up a little bottom end for top end HP.
  11. brewmann

Oddometer:
    Next time we ride together, I'll let you ride the 525...
  12. bronc3

bronc3 Lucky 13

Oddometer:

C'mon over, we're hitting an SX track this AM.
  13. bronc3

bronc3 Lucky 13

Oddometer:
    Anyone riding local this weekend? Next weekend is a race weekend. :clap
  14. bronc3

bronc3 Lucky 13

Oddometer:
    It was really nice having everyone on The Bonecrusher today, hope everyone comes to ride again soon. Hopefully we'll have drier weather next time.
  15. j0ney3

j0ney3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for having us Scott:clap :clap I had a great time and actually enjoyed the wet track (except when I almost got stuck trying to drive out :rofl ) See you next weekend in Okeechobee.
  16. RBrider

RBrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had a great time too. I thought the track/ trail held up well. But I'm glad somebody had the foresight to put up an awning!!

Thanks Bronc, you done good!:clap

RB
  17. bronc3

bronc3 Lucky 13

Oddometer:

Wasn't just me RB. Looks like you got some rain today.
  18. RBrider

RBrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The organizer always gets the credit, or the blame, depending on how things go....

It did get a little wet outside. Mom & I just had a lazy day together.

RB
  19. bronc3

bronc3 Lucky 13

Oddometer:
    We managed to "ride" yesterday in the slop. It really didn't rain that much yesterday south of SR60.
  20. bronc3

bronc3 Lucky 13

Oddometer:
    Sure was nice to see all the ADV people at the Old As Dirt race this weekend.