East Central Floriduh Dualsport rides thread

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by bronc3, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Horatio

Horatio Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks so much for your generous offer.

I tried to get in touch with the seller today, but selling the bike took second to football. The new plan is tomorrow for test-riding the bike. I am really looking forward to buying this bike and riding with you guys. Hopefully all will work out. Once I get the bike, I need gear. The bike also comes with a large size helmet, which is too large for me. So, if anyone can use it... I'll figure a way to post pics.

So Bronc... how much do you charge for instruction? :lol3 Will you take automatic debit from my paycheck or is it cash in advance? :eek1
  2. charleshmosesii

charleshmosesii No skills no worries

Oddometer:
    Well if its too slow for your wife then it's just my speed. :norton
    Funny truth is that I have the KLX cheap mods sitting in my garage...in their packages...while I continue to ride the bike stock. I haven't named the bike yet....let's see..."Old Wilma"...."Grandma's walker"....I'll come up with something fitting.

Hi kids...Bronc its good to see your own thread, you needed it. :1drink
  3. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:
    I've got a set of 10 1/2 motocross boots you can have for free. They are not in the best of shape but can probably hold you over until you get a new set! :clap Let me know if you're interested and I send you some pics. If you're not interested and anyone else would like them, send me a pm.

BTW bronc, cool pics! :clap
  4. charleshmosesii

Oddometer:
    So are you guys doing the DDS Devil's Creek ride coming up? I'm in both days! :clap

My little tent, a watermelon, and some bacon...all set.
  5. beaulies

beaulies Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I would be happy either way. But given the choice I would have to go drz. If you have any tips on cheap mods for the klx I'm all:ear . I really didn't mean to offend anyone with my views on both bikes. I still think it's better to ride 2000 slow rides than one real fast one.:huh
  6. Horatio

Horatio Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I totally appreciate your views on the bikes. Actually if I didn't have your views, I would probably have something with a chainsaw motor and training wheels. :lol3
  7. bronc3

bronc3 Lucky 13

Oddometer:

1: You didn't have any trouble keeping up at ONF.

2: Get off your butt and do the mods or haul it over here and I'll install 'em for you.

3: When are we gonna ride again? Devil's Creek? You could road trip over this way....It isn't ONF, but it's not bad either.
  8. charleshmosesii

Oddometer:
    But I'm happy on my butt, bones and all. :bmwrider Likely I never did the mods so far because I've never messed with tuning a carb before, so every time I jump on a bike project it is for the other bikes because I know them better. I have the friggin carb jets, a bigger airbox lid (although some just say take it off), an aftermarket exhaust, and a plastic gas tank to swap. And I need to de-smog the bike, however that's done. Might as well do it all at once. I've had the idea of bringing it to a local small shop and watch while they de-smog and re-jet and tune her. I also don't know how to set the suspension right -- I'll work with them to do it while i"m there too. Its too soft right now.

Devil's creek will likely be our next gig. I'm street riding until then -- my normal thing. Sometime after Jan. I'll cruise over your way...visit the mom-lady in Melbourne Beach and hook up with you for a ride. :deal
  9. Horatio

Horatio Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey... if you are going for a street ride, do you want company?
  10. bronc3

bronc3 Lucky 13

Oddometer:

The offer to do the mods stands and Zero Gulch is an easy ride from Melbourne.
  11. bronc3

bronc3 Lucky 13

Oddometer:

No charge for instruction - not that I'm qualified as an instructor. You'd probably wind up teaching me. I can show you how to pick up a fallen DRZ. :D

Any luck with this particular DRZ?

I saw a yellow one running around Sebastian late last week with a for sale sign on it but wasn't able to catch the rider to get the info. Looked and sounded good, maybe it is advertised locally.
  12. Horatio

Horatio Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :lol3 I'm going to hold you to the no charge! If you can show me how to pick up my bike, then I will have to start lining up the beers! :D

As for the DRZ... Grrrrrrr. No test ride today. Hopefully tomorrow. In the morning, I have to head over to the BMW shop for an oil change. Then there is no excuse. I am going to bring a wad of cash. Supposedly I am #2 in line just waiting for this guy to make up his mind.
  13. bronc3

bronc3 Lucky 13

Oddometer:

What's the rub?
  14. Horatio

Horatio Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm not totally sure. I still have not gotten to test ride it. Every time I call and ask to stop over to ride the bike, there is always another excuse on the seller's part. Grrrrrrrrrrrr :cry Of course, maybe his strategy is working... between me and the other guy, maybe he thinks we will exceed his asking price.

Maybe I ought to start riding in Sebastian and searching out that guy on the yellow DRZ.
  15. bronc3

bronc3 Lucky 13

Oddometer:
    He may have it listed in the Press Journal. I don't have one here at work, unfortunately. TC Palm is their website, but I have never used the classifieds on it.
  16. Horatio

Horatio Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey, thanks! I'm glad someone is thinking. :lol3 I will try their website and there is always trying to telephone them.

As for the DRZ, I decided to just drive over to this guy's place and knock on his door. The bike will either be there or not, then I can try and test ride it while I am there. If this gets too hard, then I am going to start looking at the dealerships. Business is slow and they are going to be in need of unloading their 2007 bikes. Maybe there will be some good deals in the future. The new bikes arrive when...March, April? I don't want to wait that long, but maybe I can work a good deal.

One question for you, the DRZ has an enduro type tire on it. If I can buy this bike, would you be open to offering some advice on nobby tires?
  17. bronc3

bronc3 Lucky 13

Oddometer:
    Pick one up and we'll get your tires changed to something that will work a little better for you. The stock tires are knicknamed "Deathwings" for good reason. What I would recommend depends upon how you intend to use the bike.

You may luck into a deal on a leftover "07 somewhere but will find it difficult to beat $5500 OTD for an '08 DRZ at ARS in Okeechobee.
  18. bronc3

bronc3 Lucky 13

Oddometer:
    Nice ride today:

[​IMG]
  19. Horatio

Horatio Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great pic! There is one big problem... you guys are too clean! :lol3
    You must have had a great ride.

As for the DRZ... the other guy has decided to buy it. So... now to continue searching.
  20. beaulies

beaulies Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The reason we took the pic here is because bronc almost ran over a huge boar. I would say he went about 250lbs. In the middle of the day that big boy was just hanging out in the open.