East Kootenay Adventure Riders

Discussion in 'Canada' started by CanadianRocky, May 9, 2014.

1. cal08

cal08 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You're not wrong just to fuel up and drive the main FSRs in and around the area. There are some really nice rivers to have a cigar by and enjoy some silent reflection. It's a fav area of mine. As I age, I've realized that not every outing needs to be an epic ride. Traveling tried and true lines are equally enjoyable. My favourite line to date is the bull River FSR. That 90 km winding trunk road along the river just never gets old for me.
    JDakota, glasshousebc and canuck 1 like this.
  2. JDakota

JDakota Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bull River to Whiteswan is a great day loop and gets run by me at least 2-3 times a year. To add some adventure and subtract tarmac you can return via Blackfoot/Quinn Creek FSR. It is a wicked run with some water crossings. Also from Settlers Rd to Napika Moutain resort then returning via Paliser FSR makes a great loop starting and ending at Canal Flats. The side trips on these are innumerable. Such a great area for ridding.
  3. cal08

cal08 Long timer

Oddometer:
    20180728_124736.jpg 20180728_124534.jpg
    Haven't done Quinn yet. Will this summer because you told me so. Cheers. Those other loops you mention I did for the first time last year. It was a real treat. I've got some shots I'll add in a bit with an edit.

The shots are about half way down on the Palliser FSR, following a new harvest road to summit. That was a good day.
    glasshousebc and JDakota like this.
  4. JDakota

JDakota Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hit me up on here, ill bring the cigars.
    AirXn and cal08 like this.
  5. powderzone

powderzone Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I did Quinn Ck from the Bull to Whiteswan in late summer ‘18 and the washouts were getting pretty serious. Not a problem on the 501 but there was on in particular that was a handful on a loaded 1090. There were 2 of us so no problem.
  6. JDakota

JDakota Adventurer

Oddometer:
    they
    The Blackfoot portion had some work done last year to make it easily passable and the Quinn side got opened up for loggers to clear the burnt sticks. Now there are only two moderately hard creek crossings depending on the melt. Both are near the big outfitters lodge. Who knows how it will look this year but last year it was an easy send.
  7. powderzone

powderzone Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ahhhh....good to know. That fire that ripped through the meadows was one that I called-in via Sat phone that day. They pretty much just let it burn. Later that night, we could see the fire's glow behind the mountains all the way from Whiteswan PP.
    JDakota likes this.