Eastbound Motowinch

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by VikingMoto, Jun 17, 2019.

1. VikingMoto

VikingMoto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I used the Eastbound Motowinch for the first time the other day. I fell over turning around on a tight trail: operator error entirely! I attached the strap to end of the handlebar where it meets the Hepco and Becker handguards. Once I remembered to engage the front brake, the winch worked as advertised, except it moved the handlebars so they were crooked. I loosened them, and straightened them back out, but it made me nervous that I was causing damage to the risers or handlebars. I ride a Africa Twin Adventure Sports.

Anyone have a similar experience? Any suggestions?
  2. miken0vf

miken0vf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    nah, you're good, welcome to the dirt... better things move a bit rather than break/crease etc.
    sanjoh likes this.
  3. lkraus

lkraus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Attach to something solid, a frame rail or engine guard. Lifting from closer to the center of the bike is probably more stable.

At 0:25s:
    phreakingeek likes this.
  4. VikingMoto

VikingMoto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That makes sense. I am new to the whole dirt world, so still wrapping my mind around the fact that flopping over isn't a total disaster! I will use the frame in the future and try to not burn the strap on the engine. Thanks again!
  5. lkraus

lkraus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Notice in the video, she appears to have the strap on the frame on the easy to reach "up" side, and still is able to get the bike sufficiently vertical to lift it the rest of the way. That seems to keep the strap clear of the engine.