Eastern Sierra campgrounds?

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by lmonsanto, Jun 5, 2004.

1. lmonsanto

lmonsanto MotoTurista

Oddometer:
    I'm taking off next week from San Francisco and riding down Hwy 25/198 then over to 395 via Lake Isabella. I plan to head north on 395 and explore all the side roads heading up into the Sierra (Whitney Portal, Rock Creek, June Lake loop, etc.) Any suggestions for great campgrounds in the Eastern Sierra? I'm thinking spectacular views, no crowds, no mosquitos [​IMG] How about good places to eat?
  2. Bubba

Bubba Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Checkout Buckeye campground off 395 near the town Of Bridgeport, there should be no crowds and there's a natural hotspring within walking distance of the campground.
  3. Caribou Aqua Buddha

Caribou Aqua Buddha Long timer

Oddometer:
    I stayed at one of those campgrounds west of Big Pine, at or near the end of the road, very pretty up there.
    Bentspoke
  4. Stonewall

Stonewall The Wild

Oddometer:
    I live just north of Bishop, if you PM me with contact info I can let you know where you can camp in relation to where you are riding. Thier are to many to list.
  5. motozilla

motozilla Long timer

Oddometer:
    What's the mex food place on the West side of the road at the North end of Bishop? Los Amigos? Best enchiladas I've ever had! They had cranberry and mango on them.
  6. thebeeez

thebeeez Foothill Adventurer

Oddometer:
    YUK

Isn't that something like an oxymoron?
    I'll be in Bishop on Sat nite but don't think I'll be having that.
  7. motozilla

motozilla Long timer

Oddometer:
    It didn't sound good to me either but I'll try anything once so....Glad I did. They're awesome! :thumb
  8. Dick

Dick Its a big old goofy world

Oddometer:
  9. Stonewall

Stonewall The Wild

Oddometer:
    If it is on the west side of 395 at the north end of town it must be the Pettit Pantry. The owner, Jay, has a full Mex and Gringo menu. He also has two all you can it iteams every day of the week. If it is Saturday night I recomend the $9.95 prime rib dinner at Toms Place. Great food, full bar, and a great ride to & from, no matter where you are going.

Stonewall