Eastern Vstrom Rally.....Stecoah, NC...now Oct 8-11, 2020

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Moto-Kafe, Dec 11, 2019.

1. ag_streak

ag_streak Tiene Ruta Cuarenta? Supporter

Oddometer:
    ^ ^ ^ Has anyone contacted US Suzuki for giveaway items? In 2004, Yamaha sent me HUNDREDS of dollars of stuff for an FJR rally just for asking...

If not, I can try...
  2. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    So, I called Suzuki's customer support number this morning and the rep told me to send an e-mail. I composed a nice message respectfully requesting they support the V-strom community by providing promotional items to the rally. We'll see what happens...
  3. shanekingsley

shanekingsley Motoman

Oddometer:
    When we had a VStrom Rally in Ontario for 2018, Suzuki Canada showed up and gave out VStrom t-shirts, VStrom hats and Suzuki swag bags for every attendee. It was awesome.

If I remember right, the head of Suzuki Canada happened to either be close to the area or had a cottage in the area and he came by and was very kind to us and thanked us all personally for supporting the brand.
    The_Precious_Juice and ag_streak like this.
  4. Moto-Kafe

Moto-Kafe Gnarly Entre-manure Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thankyou Ag_Streak for stepping up and helping with the rally...…….refreshing for a change!! "Buck83" will be ordering rally Tshirts again this year...….personally, I think his designs are KOOL...!! So, with that said, TShirt ordering cutoff is this Saturday at noon...…..i.e. if you don't submit your name on the Tshirt List by Saturday, chances are you will be shirtless...…….:lol3 (as we don't order extras) Buck83 also orders "official" Rally Stickers every year which will be available once you arrive...…..along with Streak's stickers. :clap
    Look at the bottom of the page here...…….. www.easternvstromrally.com
    The_Precious_Juice and ag_streak like this.
  5. Moto-Kafe

Oddometer:
    WARNING..........!!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow (Saturday) is your last chance to order a Rally TShirt........cutoff happens at Noon!!! Don't be one of the many that show up to the rally and say......."I didn't know I was suppose to pre-order one......(insert whinning, bitching, wimpering sounds)...". Go to the Rally Website..... www.easternvstromrally.com .... to place your name on the list. The Roster shows 40 Attendees currently, but that number will go up in the next 4 weeks. Gonna be a good get-together with cooler temps......of course riding at least 6' apart. :wings

UPDATE Saturday 10:30PM.........TShirt deadline is over, Closed.......shirts will be ordered based on the names on the list as of noon today. Cost is $15 per shirt.
    ag_streak likes this.
  6. Moto-Kafe

Oddometer:
    Juice...........I will try to answer some questions, or just post up what I know:

1. tent camping at the Iron Horse is first come, first serve........but we NEVER have run out of tent spots....they are NOT numbered, just plop your tent anywhere in the grassy area. Camping does cost something each night......not free.....go to their website to see rates. You cannot Reserve a spot, but...........do email the Iron Horse, tell them you are coming for the Rally, and they will put you on their email list. This is important, because they will email everyone coming to the rally one week prior, to get your Menu (Breakfast and Supper) selections on record......it helps them plan how much food and workers. You don't have to eat there, but I would highly recommend it. The food is great (IMO). Tent campers as well as Cabin Dwellers can eat there.........

2. Group Rides.......nothing is pre-planned........just hang out at the Lodge or parking lot the night before and introduce yourself around to other guys. Sooner or later you will mesh with someone (or group) and ask them where they are riding the next day.......and if you can join them (what time kickstands up, etc).

3. Make sure to attend the nightly meetings upstairs after supper.......informative, short, hilarious sometimes, and give away "schtuff".......!!! Saturday night we have a guest speaker describing his Ride Report with slides.

4. Thanks for the link on the other lodge up in Kty/Virginia. Every year at the rally, we "mention" trying to find a different location for next year's event, but............we always end up coming back to the IH. It has everything for everyone.....primative camping, cabins, bunk houses.....and then they feed us well too. Not to mention the riding roads within a 100 miles radius of the IH. It is VERY difficult to find a match somewhere else in the SE.......but, it does get cussed and discussed every rally.

5. The Rally Registration Table should be up and running sometime Thursday before lunch......outside the IH Office. Stop at the table ASAP and check in with us........Door Prize Tickets there, Info, propaganda, and lots of BS floating around the table.....oh yeah, this year we are having a Vstrom Flea Market too. Bring any kind of bike item you no longer need/want.......jackets, pants, parts, accessories, farkles/bling, literature, etc.......price it ridiculously LOW, and leave it on one of the tables to sale. We will have tags made up, you collect your $$$ (if your item sells) that evening.

Make sure you go to the Rally Website and register if not done so already........see ya in 3 weeks!!!!!!

mark444
    The_Precious_Juice likes this.
  7. BackRoader

BackRoader Life Is A Hiway, Ride It.

Oddometer:
    Looks like the Canada / US border will remain closed, due to Covid-19.
    Hopefully next year we can partake in the festivities.
    Eastbayview likes this.
  8. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    Sorry guys, I got no reply from Suzuki... no extra schwag from them... :(.
  9. Moto-Kafe

Oddometer:
    Times are tough.................
    Thanks for trying, Ag.........
    Backroader..........I know. We had (12) riders from Can-nee-da last year show up for the rally..........a record!! And we were "ready" for em......!!!

P5160004.JPG
  10. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    A delivery truck showed up at my house today. "WTF? I wasn't expecting anything!" :dunno

Suzuki came through! Woo-hoo! :wings

48 V-strom hats and 50 keyrings! :thumb

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. Moto-Kafe

Oddometer:
    Fantastic......!!!!! That is Great, and thankyou for "reaching out" to moma Zook. If you have a contact name, please PM me so I can send them a Thankyou note!! (you have a way to get them there??)
    dp064, BackRoader and ag_streak like this.
  12. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    Feel free, but I already sent one...

I just received a box full of V-strom hats and keyrings and I know a bunch of V-strom enthusiasts who will be very happy and excited!

On behalf of all the attendees of the 2020 Eastern V-strom Rally, thank you for your generosity, and for your support of the Suzuki community!

Regards,

Paul XXXXX
    Blue Ridge, GA

On Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 11:21:27 AM EDT, Paul XXXXX <[email protected]> wrote:

Good morning,

I represent a loosely-knit group of Suzuki V-strom enthusiasts and would like to make a request for Suzuki to show their support of our upcoming annual east-coast rally by donating any promotional items possible. The Eastern V-strom Rally (details below) occurs October 8-11, 2020 in Stecoah, North Carrolina.

Our group is not an official club or organization. For several years, a team of dedicated V-strom owners have organized their labor and resources on advrider.com to put on a handful of successful annual rallies. As you may know, advrider.com is the largest motorcycle message board in the world, and is dedicated primarily to adventure-style bikes. Online discussion about Suzuki V-stroms continues to be one of the most popular subjects.

More details about the specific rally for which I'm requesting your support can be found here:

https://www.easternvstromrally.com/

Attendance last year was over 100. While turnout this year has been suppressed by Covid-19 concerns, we're confident in having another safe, successful rally in just a few weeks

If Suzuki agrees to support our enthusiast community and provide some promotional items, I can help facilitate shipping, either to the venue listed in the link above, or to an alternate address.

Please support the Suzuki V-strom community by providing give-aways to our rally, and feel free to contact me anytime!

Respectfully,

Paul XXXXX
    Blue Ridge, GA
    mrbreeze and dp064 like this.
  13. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    Oh... the e-mail is [email protected]uz.com

And yeah, I'll take the box of stuff up to the Iron Horse sometime before the rally.
    dp064 likes this.
  14. Moto-Kafe

Oddometer:
    Professionally done.........Thankyou Sir........!!!! :ricky
    dp064 and ag_streak like this.
  15. BackRoader

BackRoader Life Is A Hiway, Ride It.

Oddometer:
    Too bad, we will miss out on the hats..... darn border closures!
    ag_streak and Eastbayview like this.
  16. Moto-Kafe

Oddometer:
    See you this time next week in Stecoah, NC at The Iron Horse Lodge/Campground........45 folks so far. Typically we have 5-10 "walk-ins" once the rally gets going. Temps look to be low 40's at night, nice during the day!!!
    ag_streak likes this.
  17. strom thingie

strom thingie Lost and Proud! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Less than a week away! Plus, new hat! Winning.
    ag_streak likes this.
  18. Moto-Kafe

Oddometer:
    Rally TShirts have arrived for the folks that pre-ordered one.......... :D

PA020025.JPG
    dp064 and ag_streak like this.
  19. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    Woo hoo!

Cash only on site?
  20. Moto-Kafe

Oddometer:
    Paypal works too when you get there......or now, and personal checks are fine once you arrive......does not matter. The shirts ended up being $15 each.
    ag_streak likes this.