Eating Establishments in British Columbia

Discussion in 'Canada' started by OurBC, Sep 17, 2011.

1. DNF

DNF Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bring warm clothes if you go.
  2. OurBC

OurBC Live to Travel

Oddometer:
    The coffee was awesome and a great location in town.

[​IMG]
  3. Lornce

Lornce Lost In Place

Oddometer:
    Funky Monkey burger and fresh cut fries were very good, with lots of fresh red onion provided as requested. :dg

We tried some of the local hemp beer, too, and it was clean, mildly hoppy and quite refreshing.

Two thumbs up for Nelson's Funky Monkey.

:thumb :thumb
  4. swellguy

swellguy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you like thin crust, wood fired pizza . . . none better can be found at Pizza Prima Strada:

http://pizzeriaprimastrada.com

Two locations, lunch and dinner specials. Neopolitan pie that is simply the best I've ever had.
  5. OurBC

OurBC Live to Travel

Oddometer:
    Great pizza joint! :evil Try a slice of the 420 at the Pizza Zone on either Cook or Quadra Street for your typical meat lovers pizza.
    http://www.pizzazone.ca/
  6. OurBC

OurBC Live to Travel

Oddometer:
    Went to the La Belle Patate in Esquimalt the other day and tried the La Belle Burger. Really good but man was it messy.

[​IMG]
    La Belle Patate - Esquimalt

[​IMG]
    La Belle Burger
  7. H96669

H96669 A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap:clapWhaaat No Poutine!:wink: Or waiting for a Tuesday?:D

La Belle Patate in Vancouver:1215 Davie Street

BTW the little Thai place next door in Esquimalt is also pretty good, Zap Thai.:dg

Will be going there tomorrow, I hope the bike is still there.:clap

[​IMG]
  8. OurBC

OurBC Live to Travel

Oddometer:
  9. Propfrwrd

Propfrwrd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tough City Sushi in Tofino. Been to a lot of sushi places, and this crazy joint is awesome. Owner's a riot, too.
  10. OurBC

OurBC Live to Travel

Oddometer:
    If you happen to be on Hwy 3 between Fernie and Cranbrook try stopping in at the First Perk Coffee House & Eatery in Jaffray. Really good baked goods and friendly staff.

[​IMG]
  11. Lornce

Lornce Lost In Place

Oddometer:
    A big shout out for The Other Side Café in Creston!

[​IMG]

The place is run by a remarkably friendly and informative fellow and his family. We stopped by for lunch two days in a row and the food was terrific, home made quality with fresh, healthy ingredients. A rare treat to find a restaurant like this one.

[​IMG]

Didn't have my camera with me on day one, but the Thai green curry chicken was superb. Day two's lunch special featured pork vindaloo with rice and salad/bean salad. It was delicious!

[​IMG]

If I lived anywhere near Creston I'd be a regular at The Other Side Café. Only catch is they close from late November to April every year so the family can go traveling. An excellent sense of priorities!

:thumb :thumb

Now that I'm back home, here's some photos to go with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. OurBC

OurBC Live to Travel

Oddometer:
    I completely forgot about the Other Side Cafe in Creston. You are definitely right, the meal I ate for lunch was excellent and will definitley be on my re-visiting list for 2012. From what I remember the Other Side Cafe specializies in over 150 ethnic & vegetarian dishes.:clap

[​IMG]
  13. HighwayChile

HighwayChile greetings from Wa state

Oddometer:
    club 120 ( on 120th, appox 90th?) in Delta,bc has 1/2 off all grub except steak, sundays, watch the brew prices a guiness was $7.50 but they do have brew specials, some being horseurineBud:puke1, but others on tap
    grilled wild salmon filet w/ sides $6.50, on sunday sale :clap

not sure if the greek rest. in Steveston is still open , they had some deals
  14. OurBC

OurBC Live to Travel

Oddometer:

Looks good, Thanks for the tip. http://www.one20pub.com/ :1drink
  15. OurBC

OurBC Live to Travel

Oddometer:
    Kitty's Hideaway is a great spot to have breakfast or lunch. Decent sized meals meals and the prices are OK.
    Lots of parking off West Burnside Road. Always a favourite for the local hotrodders. Lots of hot rod photos on the back wall behind where they all sit. http://members.shaw.ca/KittysHideaway2/

[​IMG]
    Clubhouse Sandwich

[​IMG]
    Photos of Hot Rods (notice BC Lion in TV before the Grey Cup win:clap)
  16. passing through

passing through Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The Atlas Cafe in Courtenay. Kinda funky atmosphere, excellent food and service.
    The Java Shack in Campbell River, best mochas I have ever had. As the young lady at the counter said when I asked how they made them so good, "It's the love."
    And at the other end of the province, Tetsa River Outfitters west of Fort Nelson, awesome cinnamon buns.
  17. HatesSnow

HatesSnow Waiting for Summer

Oddometer:
    Next time someone stops at the Reid I highly recommend the stone-grill steak. It comes on a super-heated slab of granite and you have to cook it yourself but it's local beef, priced very well and if it isn't done right you only have one person to blame.:D

18. OurBC

OurBC Live to Travel

Oddometer:
    The Blue Fox Cafe at 919 Fort Street in Victoria is excellent, especially if your looking for a casual meal. Breakfast and lunch menu served all day. Make sure you give yourself lots of time because line-ups can be expected, well worth it because of the great food.

[​IMG]
  19. paulmondor

paulmondor Iceman

Oddometer:
    Well! You have not had food till you had food at the Coastal Kitchen Cafe in Port Renfrew on Vancouver Island. Everything is made fresh. Servings are great and as much as Tom and Jessica the owners can get locally they do. Seafood, veggies, meats. She make the world's best seafood chowder. Hell! everything she serves is the best i have had. The breakfast is to die for. Plus it is an awesome ride to get there. Either from Victoria or from up island through the Marine Circle route..
    [​IMG]
  20. paulmondor

paulmondor Iceman

Oddometer:
    Yeah! Plus, if you you go there on the week end? the place is packed with riders as well. it has become one of vancouver island's most popular destination as well. Best food and road is gear too when you do the loop.
    The hotel food sucks. down here it is called "Corporate food"
    Cheers