Eating Establishments in British Columbia

Discussion in 'Canada' started by OurBC, Sep 17, 2011.

1. DNF

DNF Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    He is still serving burgers and such.
    I need to retry to see if it is still good.
  2. RiderJones

RiderJones sketchy

Oddometer:

I agree, Nelson has sub-par dining,unfortunately. Although I did have two good meals in a row at the All Seasons in the past few months. I sort of gave up going out for dinner in town...too many disappointing meals. That said, I am going out this very evening to the newplace where Fusion (Bottom Chef Canada) used to be. I think its called Relish...I will report back....

:puke1
  3. EetsOK

EetsOK Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is your sarcasm detector working?

For real: One of the worst places I ate in the Kootenays was in Winlaw at the Cedar Creek Cafe. Yuck. Service was non-existant and when the food finally came, the salad was warm and the burger was cold.
  4. RiderJones

RiderJones sketchy

Oddometer:
  5. David_Moen

David_Moen Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'd have to agree with that. At least once a year we make a swing through the Koots on the Bike. If we are overnight in Nelson and go out for dinner, we hope for a great meal, but are invariably dissapointed. I had a rack of ribs in a restaurant there once that made me want to go punch the "chef".
  6. DNF

DNF Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    First report I heard from some good friends is that Re-Lish blows.
    Restaurant was dirty, when they left they smelt like deep fry grease.
    And it was expensive.
    But on a positive note the owners are supposedly very nice people.

That was the first week of opening. Maybe they got their shat sorted out now.
  7. H96669

H96669 A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer:
    A couple years ago....$20.00 for a very "so so" Burger and a Beer. Then I had to run away, the outdoor patio was overrun by wasps.:eek1

But I think there has been a change of ownership since.:D
  8. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:
    The HUME HOTEL in Nelson has good food. Nothing outstanding but also not disappointing. Good! One kitchen for the whole hotel so you can sit in pub, lounge or restaurant and have the quality dining just in a different atmosphere. Pub has some specials that are pub only. Try the 100 Mile Burger (or is it 100 km?, haven't been there for some time)(no budget, stuck with own "cooking") :D
  9. shuswap biker

shuswap biker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have been working in Nakusp the last few weeks and luvin the pizza/gasthaus there, big thumbs up to the legion as well.
  10. Lornce

Lornce Lost In Place

Oddometer:
    Nakusp has a roadhouse on the main drag with a nicely shaded outdoor patio. Google Street View just reminded me it's called Chumley's Three Lions Pub. They serve an excellent hamburger and fries. Lots of fresh lettuce, tomatoes, onions and generous slabs of pickle. The pints were reasonably priced and ice cold, too.

And there was at least one attractive waitress looking for a good man.

:deal
  11. DNF

DNF Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Agree. For what you pay it is decent. Good steak samich when it is on special at Mike's pub. The cheesburger on special is also good (and cheaper by a few bucks) than the 160 km burger.
    Usually eat there every fortnight.
  12. OurBC

OurBC Live to Travel

Oddometer:

Another good destination on the island is Dick's Fish and Chips in Campbell River. Located right on the water near the ferry terminal for Quadra Island, Dick's is totally laid back offering a variety of refreshmants and very good fish and chips. http://www.dicksfishandchips.com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. OurBC

OurBC Live to Travel

Oddometer:
    You'll really enjoy the outdoor patio if you go in the summer, very relaxing.

[​IMG]

The Shady Rest is now called The Shady Waterfront, http://shadyrest.ca/.
  14. RiderJones

RiderJones sketchy

Oddometer:
    Well, we went, it wasn't great....it was barely OK. But to be fair, they are still getting their sea legs so, I shouldnt be too harsh yet....hopefully they get there stufff sorted. And offer more than 1 red wine by the glass. And only carry BC wines. And have 8 diff burgers. I could go on.

:norton
  15. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Having spent much to much time in English country public houses, I will also confirm that this is about as close as it gets here in British Columbia to the real thing.

Steve
  16. OurBC

OurBC Live to Travel

Oddometer:
    The FBI is alive and well. I see on the menu there are lots of options for the fresh oysters. http://fannybayinn.com/

[​IMG]
  17. OurBC

OurBC Live to Travel

Oddometer:
    In our culture drinking beer and lunch at work are frowned upon, fortunately meals are allowed every once and a while. :clap
  18. dukedinner

dukedinner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Purden Lake Lodge outside of Prince George on Highway 16...Great food and Best Apple Pie and on earth...

[​IMG]
  19. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    I happened upon the FBI twice last summer. The building and location were cool, the food? Well,,,,,I didn't get food poisoning, but I don't think it's a culinary tour-de-force.

Steve
  20. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer: