EBR: Support an American Motorcycle Company

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by thunder1200, Dec 27, 2015.

1. thunder1200

thunder1200 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    EBR's next court date in 1/14/2016. This is a grass roots effort to show support for EBR. I want to see the planned 1190AX!

Support an (OUR) American motorcycle company

Specifically for the 2016 EBR Restart - News, Events, and fan support of EBR and Erik Buell engineered American made motorcycles.

https://facebook.com/groups/909866959127094
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Buell has failed several times because generally they don't build products that enough people want to buy at the price people are willing to pay for them. There comes a time when people need to realise that they are backing a looser and IMO EBR is such a case.
    As to being an American Company they were 49.2% owned by Hero a giant Indian company. They were American in name only.
  3. madrider5150

madrider5150 Riding somewhere

Oddometer:
    They signed a deal with Hero who then pulled the plug on them. EBR had nothing to do with Hero aside from that.
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    From EBR's website.

Great partnerships are a rarity, but for Erik Buell Racing or EBR, an opportunity for the perfect partnership came soon from the other side of the world. The Indian motorcycle giant HERO, recently listed as the largest two wheel manufacturer in the world, just went through a messy divorce with Honda and their CEO Pawan Munjal happened to catch up with Erik trackside at Daytona to talk bikes. HERO were looking for a new development partner, Erik was looking for a new investor, HERO wanted their bikes recognised on the world stage and Erik wanted his motorcycles raced on the worlds stage. It couldn’t be more simple.

Soon EBR and HERO embarked on a partnership that quickly saw the Wisconsin Buell factory once more filled with staff developing new race motorcycles.
  5. ronandkat

ronandkat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well I will say that Currently I like my Old Buell A hell of a lot more than my Versys 650 in terms of power, handling, suspension, well just about Every Category, sans the Heat I sure like hopping on the Versys to go for a cool ride, it's just so dang under powered.
  6. Ron Earp

Ron Earp Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm on an 08 Ulysses and still love it. Now, I would like to have ABS and a few other features. If they could produce the 1190Ax with the modern features I want for my next bike I'd definitely be interested in buying. My current Buell has been extremely reliable and that is a very important characteristic to me for any motorcycle. I wasn't aware of any plans for a new adv bike, or any bike from Buell, so this is good news to me.
    BadKarma likes this.
  7. DittyBag

DittyBag A bag of dirty stuff

Oddometer:
    EB is a racer and one of the greatest and most innovative builders. The race bike market is never going to be huge, and there is a lot of competition in the the street, race replica niche. Builders continue to add sophistication/complication to their offerings, making them harder to work on and harder to keep going. Good grief, the Duc Multi uses a frick'n fly by wire throttle. Why?!!!

I think that the markets are moving toward a greater appreciation of simplicity and proven reliability, without sacrificing the idea that motorcycle selection is an emotional thing. I'd like to see more of the Carducci philosophy. The man did this in his garage, just think of what could be accomplished from modern R&D and manufacturing.

mississippimadman likes this.
  8. madrider5150

madrider5150 Riding somewhere

Oddometer:
    My point is that like it says the WI buell factory was developing new race bikes, not in India. It was more of a financial backing than anything else.
  9. Hughlysses

Hughlysses Long timer

Oddometer:
  10. Hughlysses

Hughlysses Long timer

Oddometer:
  11. Hughlysses

Hughlysses Long timer

Oddometer:
  12. motocopter

motocopter Long timer

Oddometer:
  13. Hughlysses

Hughlysses Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, if info gleaned on the internet is anything like accurate, IAP acquired another 350 brand new EBR's that have been languishing in the factory. I believe 250 are ready to roll, while the parts are there to assemble another 100. Of course some have suggested these bikes can't legally be sold as their manufacturer is gone, rendering their EPA, NHTSA, and other certifications null and void. Hopefully someone will figure out a way to make these bikes available.
    motocopter likes this.
  14. unlucky1

unlucky1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I hope they offer brake rotors at liquidation price, I want one or two. Maybe a spare ECM?
  15. mtntrails

mtntrails Life is Short...

Oddometer:
  16. Hughlysses

Hughlysses Long timer

Oddometer:
    NOT DEAD YET!!! :super
    996DL and Seventy One like this.
  17. motocopter

motocopter Long timer

Oddometer:
  18. forerunner