Gone Eddie Bauer Down Sleeping Bag, $30 plus shipping

Discussion in 'Other' started by ColorItBlue, Jun 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColorItBlue

ColorItBlue Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is a vintage piece that has seen very little use. I purchased it new around 1986 via mail order from the Seattle store. Back then it was Eddie Bauer Expedition Outfitters, makers of superior down bags and jackets that went to Mt. Everest and outfitted WWII soldiers (B-9 Flight Parka). I do not know the temperature rating but it is WARM. Mummy bag shape with full length draft tube backing the YKK metal double zipper. This is a six foot bag. I used it a few times in the Sierras during the late 1980s and after that it saw a fair amount of use as a warm bed throw across the top of the covers when I lived in an unheated space during winter in Mammoth Lakes. This is not some featherweight bag and it does not pack down to the size of a beer can, in fact, I do NOT have the stuff sack that came with it. To my recollection the stuff sack with the bag inside measured about 10" by 16". The storage bag comes with it and says North Face but that is from another alpine bag of mine that saw quite a bit of use. Width at the widest point is about 29". Bag has NOT been stored compressed but lived in the North Face storage sack in the back of the closet. The high quality down could be harvested out of this bag and used for another garment or a comforter, or just use the bag for cold weather car camping. 0WGyWFApT9qmskG77GC69g.jpg QqGdvmcFSv+Ty6BiEowIfQ.jpg dNyVi9DjS1eWwZryB6rgpA.jpg

Attached Files:

zachd likes this.
  2. Motorius

Motorius Road trippin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    When you say 6’ is that end to end or opening to end? Thanks!
  3. ColorItBlue

Oddometer:
    Right, the six foot measurement is on the outside of the bag from the foot to the chin not including the hood, I can get into the bag and check length.
  4. ColorItBlue

Oddometer:
    Sold pending funds.
  5. TooWhiteMan

TooWhiteMan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If this falls through, I’ll take it... t
  6. ColorItBlue

Oddometer:
    If Road Damage bails then it is yours, thanks.
  7. ColorItBlue

Oddometer:
    Sold.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.