Edit: resolution pending - Don't buy a Seat Concepts from the factory

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Drif10, May 4, 2021.

1. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    They're in Idaho. I don't think they have much law there.
  2. Adanac rider

Adanac rider O.S.T.R. 62 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Their WRR seat sure is nice though .:ricky
  3. dakarchef

dakarchef Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you are in the GTA. Check out cross border pickups. They pick up your package, clear it and pay the duties/taxes and then bill you plus an additional fee based on package size. Great service and you can take advantage of the free shipping companies offer in the USA. Never had a bad experience with them. They will also re ship for you so you don’t have to make the trip to their warehouse.
  4. Drif10

Oddometer:
    Good to know. I'm in Kingston so it's not much to get down to the city.
  5. Vikingtazz

Vikingtazz Will ride for food.

Oddometer:
    +1 for MX1 Canada - they've been very good to deal with.

Right now the delay is shortage of material for the foam machine, according to the SC rep.
  6. mxbundy

mxbundy Long timer

Oddometer:

Hey, sorry to hear about your issue with shipping. Can you please contact us via email about this issue? I would very much like to see the bill you received from UPS.
    We have a negotiated rate with UPS and the brokerage fees are supposed to be in the 10.00 range. We will refund you the difference if they didn't adhere to our negotiated rate.
    As to those who question why we do not use USPS, oh my god I have horror stories for you on that. They lose about 2 out of every 100 boxes we have ever sent with them.
    We ship 2000-3000 packages ( seats per month) and UPS`s failure rate for us has been almost nill.

Bundy
    16VGTIDave, svtride, flei and 5 others like this.
  7. mxbundy

mxbundy Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is correct for Snowmobile seats only as they use a totally different foam as our bike seats. Once we use it up, we won't order again until next season. It does not have the shelf life to keep unused material in stock.

Bundy
  8. ozmoses

ozmoses persona non grata

Oddometer:

Wow!

:thumb
  9. mxbundy

mxbundy Long timer

Oddometer:

Once again sorry about your issue.
    We have 35 in-house employees, as well as 3 outside cut and sew vendors. Our production rates are actually up around 40% over last year ( which was about 30% better than the year before that), but sales are up even higher.
    We build and ship well over 2000 seats per month and have gotten close to 3000 a couple of times. Believe me when I say we are doing everything we can to get production up even higher. The main issue is that this is skilled labour, especially sewing, and sewing production is the driving factor in our seat production. And in today's labour market hiring is at an all-time challenge. There isn't one industry that isn't looking for help. In fact, we are facing a gas shortage because we do not have enough truck drivers in the US for tanker trucks.
    At the end of the day, it's understandable you want a seat and don't want to wait for it. We build them as fast as we can, hopefully, we can earn your business in the future.

Bundy
  10. Drif10

Oddometer:
    Will do. :thumb

I disputed the charge and they said they'll knock it down to $45, but that was 2 days ago. Still hasn't changed, so I just refused delivery half an hour ago, for disputed charges. The driver was cool about it.
  11. Drif10

Oddometer:
    @mxbundy email sent to the info@ address. Thank you for stepping up. I'm in no critical hurry, would rather have this sorted properly, just let me know how to help.
  12. Holaday

Holaday Man of Leisure

Oddometer:
    @mxbundy perhaps give us Canucks the USPS option. I usually ship to Blaine but with C19 have not really been buying anything from the US. Have had a couple of SC Seats now. Great product.
  13. Oilerjet

Oilerjet Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Happy with SC customer service, quickly responded to my email question and posted here.
  14. Candubrain

Candubrain Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Why not just buy from a Cdn seller that has free shipping, like GP Bikes in Ajax? They offer free shipping on orders over $50.00.
    Holaday likes this.
  15. Vikingtazz

Vikingtazz Will ride for food.

Oddometer:
  16. Schmittenhymer

Schmittenhymer Northern Gravelholic

Oddometer:
    Me Too. I've been burned too many times.
    250senuf likes this.
  17. Oilerjet

Oilerjet Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Doesn’t seem like they offer all of the SC products. Looking for 890 R seat and don’t see it listed. Guess I should email them to see if they can get it.
  18. zeegman

zeegman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi -
    you could also try Dual Sport Plus for Seat concepts for 790/890 - I ordered a Seat concepts 790 Adventure Rally Standard as I heard it fits the 890R.
    Have not received it yet but hopefully this spring.
    https://www.dualsportplus.com/Seat_Concepts_s/3105.htm

You might find some seat concepts for more dual sport type bikes at Gnarly Parts (I got one for my Husky FE450 and love it)
    https://www.gnarlyparts.ca/Dual-Sport-Parts_c_28.html

Note to Seat Concepts mxbundy I believe DHL offers very good cross border service to Canada from what I have seen.
    I got a rear rack for my 890R from Perun Moto from Serbia in 4 days thru DHL.

Thanks,
    Mike Z
    Oilerjet likes this.
  19. theshnizzle

theshnizzle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Funny....I have never had an issue using USPS. Or canada post. In normal times, I have whatever shipped to the drop point at wellesley Island and make a days ride out of it but now....I havent bought anything from the states. Between the exchange and shipping, it becomes prohibitively expensive.
  20. Taylorericjohn

Taylorericjohn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ordered a SC seat through mx1 Canada in the early spring. They were very upfront about the shipping timeline. As someone in a small business I can totally understand and appreciate that over the last year orders for all things unnecessary are waaaay up and materials availability is down, while the material costs are up. Eg. We build using Baltic birch, last order was right around double what it was even a couple months ago and the supplier said that they won't see their next shipment until end of summer! Trust me when I say alot of small business people are spending a lot of time fighting fires and losing sleep! As for UPS, we have found them to damage a significant amount of our products when we ship cross boarder with them, but there in Canada/Ontario shipments have been pretty good. We have also had a couple of upset customers get dinged with a "brokerage" charge even when it is something that ups wasn't supposed to broker(we have our own broker). Don't hold it against SC, it is definitely a UPS issue! Can't wait to get my seat!
    SeatConcepts likes this.