Edited version of the MABDR for Galileo app

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by mosey.levy, May 13, 2018.

1. mosey.levy

mosey.levy Long timer

Oddometer:
    The guys at ridebdr.com made an amazing track that's free to download.
    We updated it with more camp sites, gas stations, repair shops, places to eat, and even a few water crossings. We also started putting in notes at the places we stopped, like camp site reviews or notes on a dealership we stopped at.

We only did the southern half of the BDR, so we dont have any notes for the nothern half. We hope to do that later this summer.

I'm posting this file, which can be downloaded right in to galileo with proper icons. It can also be downloaded in to garmin basecamp, but will lose all the track colors and waypoint icons.

My hope is that people download this in to Galileo, and then add new notes or even new bookmarks (waypoints). Find a new camp site on the way, add it in, or add notes to camp sites already on the route. After they get back, they upload their version of the file here with a new rev # and date timestamp etc.

This version of the file does include the new detour around private property on Leg 6.

Read more about Galileo here:
    http://www.city-gs.com/blog/2018/5/13/galileo-gps-app

Preview and download the GPX here (v3)
    http://shared.galileo-app.com/5ae737476a01e22240c267b3.html

I'm not sure how long those links last, so i'm also attaching the actual GPX here.
    When posting an updated file back on this thread, please check the thread one more time to see what the latest REV # is before naming your file and uploading. Or if you aren’t sure, PM me with the file and I’ll create a revision number and post it here.

Version 3 posted here is based on a south to north route. The waypoints posted that say gas in 20 miles mean 20 miles north.

IMG_3298.png

Attached Files:

NJDualsporter and GAS GUY like this.
  2. SpartanJon

SpartanJon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wanted to say thanks on posting this, as me and my dad have very little experience with Garmin Base Camp we almost screwed up the entire trip that we were taking from section 5 and down. I used your tracks, went backwards on them, and managed to save the day at the cost of $4 for the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    toofast4uu and mosey.levy like this.
  3. mosey.levy

mosey.levy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awesome! So happy to hear that.

PS you ever figure out what the 3 seashells were for? ;)
  4. Vic5491

Vic5491 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't have time to learn a new program (Galileo). If I use Osmand, add notes and markers where we stayed, etc. and save it as Version X (next in order), will this file work in Galileo and show all of your notes plus mine? I downloaded and opened your gpx file and all of your notes show up just fine in Osmand!
  5. mosey.levy

mosey.levy Long timer

Oddometer:
    It would show up but i spent a lot of time working on icons and colors so not worth importing yours back in later.

Enjoy it.

Ps Galileo is a lot easier than osmand.
  6. SpartanJon

SpartanJon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Never even noticed the sea shells, but I will say it was more like 8 water crossings that we came across.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. mosey.levy

mosey.levy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Jon spartan ? Demolition man? 3 sea shells? Lol forget it.
    PittsDriver and Sno cat like this.
  8. 919nick

919nick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    mosey.levy likes this.
  9. Gil Favor

Gil Favor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    toofast4uu likes this.
  10. toofast4uu

toofast4uu adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is great. Your buddy rich introduced me to guru this week. It completely blows Garmin's away. Thank you.

So I am heading out on the mabdr route and running it in reverse from sections 5 south. How do I reverse the track in guru?

Any ideas on where I can park a truck near my holly springs or Carlisle for a few days?
  11. jasykes2

jasykes2 n00b

Oddometer:
    Does guru give turn by turn instruction if you download the gps tracks? I want to do section 4 MABDR north to south as well, but am thus far ill-equipped and want to stack the cards in my favor since I will be flying solo.
  12. Back2Dirt

Back2Dirt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone having trouble with the Guru app since the iOS 13 update? Infuriating for me, as I’ve made it my go to app and now I can’t ‘share’ gpx files into Guru!
  13. SpartanJon

SpartanJon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I noticed that also, if you download it to Dropbox or Google Drive you should be able to upload it from there.
  14. Back2Dirt

Back2Dirt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How so? Unlike most apps that have an ‘import’ feature, Guru seems to rely on iOS’s ‘share sheet’ pop up, which doesn’t show ‘Copy to Guru’ any more. I ho-e I’m just missing something.
  15. SpartanJon

SpartanJon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you have it saved to Drive, your should be able to share it from there to the Other apps.
  16. Back2Dirt

Back2Dirt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I found the solution. Call it ambiguous iOS 13 functionality or dumb operator as the root of the problem.

If you email yourself a gpx attachment and fast click (not long hold click) the attachment, the ‘more’ option on the share sheet pop up does include ‘copy to Guru maps’. And you can also edit the share list to make Guru a permanent option that shows up when other apps are sharing a gpx file (like dropbox’). If that’s not clear, happy to try again with pictures.