Eighteen Years In The Making

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by AdvNuma, Aug 13, 2013.

1. The Opa

The Opa experienced

Oddometer:
    Quite lovely!
    AdvNuma likes this.
  2. AdvNuma

AdvNuma Long Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Numa Jr is in town for a visit. We went out for a ride last evening so he could try out the Speed Twin. We rode a nice loop and stopped by Hot Mess for dinner before heading back to enjoy a couple of Fuente Opus X 20th Anniversary Father & Son vitola cigars. Great evening!

PicsArt_07-02-03.58.23.jpg

Numa
  3. tireatr

tireatr Let's go for a ride

Oddometer:
    That does sound like a great evening!
    B10Dave and AdvNuma like this.
  4. AdvNuma

AdvNuma Long Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Numa Jr headed back to Virginia this morning. After he left, Marise and I went out for a ride on the Wing. We took backroads southeast of Charlotte down into South Carolina and stopped by a private farm to check out some very ornate carvings on tree trunks. I was invited by the owner to see some of these carvings a while back and he told me I could come back to see additional carvings in other locations on the farm. They were carved by one of his employees and the farm owner built covered pavilions to protect each carving from the weather. Here are some photos from one of the pavilions we visited today. There is an amazing level of detail on each tree trunk!

PicsArt_07-04-07.33.29.jpg

PicsArt_07-04-07.32.45.jpg

PicsArt_07-04-07.32.12.jpg

After we left there, we rode down to Camden, SC and visited the Camden Revolutionary War site just south of town.

PicsArt_07-04-07.31.29.jpg

Happy Independence Day to each of you! Despite what you might see in the news, this is still the greatest nation on earth and I'm proud to live here!

Numa
  5. The Opa

The Opa experienced

Oddometer:
    Happy Independence Day to each of you! Despite what you might see in the news, this is still the greatest nation on earth and I'm proud to live here!

Very cool stuff indeed, Numa.

Me too
    parallaxbill, B10Dave and AdvNuma like this.