Electric bicycles

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by configurationspace, Mar 19, 2015.

1. JDUBinCO

JDUBinCO Q-bald

Oddometer:
    what’s the donor bike?
  2. Bonnie & Clyde

Bonnie & Clyde Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer:
    Motobecane night train

Attached Files:

dogsslober likes this.
  3. Cromoth

Cromoth fan of the magic carpet ride

Oddometer:
    Nice 30mi out & back. Hoping to camp next Saturday. 20201024_160756.jpg
    wilfred, Ranchworld, MrBob and 4 others like this.
  4. 666

666 Agnostic and Orange

Oddometer:
    Recently found new trails in Pacifica. I can go down this trail 3-4 times, just have to loop back on nearby trails and pavement. It looks easy in the video.

5. billbob412

billbob412 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got my sks fenders on , I've got 380 miles so far hope to get to 500 before winter set's in IMG_20201026_155902218.jpg IMG_20201026_155941320.jpg
    MrBob, motomem and mikeysduck like this.
  6. infoatnmmoto

infoatnmmoto Vote early and vote often.

Oddometer:
    New Harley....
    Screenshot_20201027-113624_Google News.jpg
    Screenshot_20201027-113554_Google News.jpg
  7. SRG

SRG Long timer

Oddometer:
    Car makers/motorcycle makers attempts at ebikes (pushbikes too) - have any of them ever been any good?
    JimVonBaden likes this.
  8. liberpolly

liberpolly Lazy rider

Oddometer:
    Got myself Luna X1, came in with non-functional pedal assist level buttons, Luna is sending the replacement.
    Magus, pvangel and Snake Oiler like this.
  9. Snake Oiler

Snake Oiler If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off

Oddometer:
    Pennsylvania, but living in a toy hauler full-time
    I'm really curious on your thoughts on it once you get things sorted out and up and running.
  10. liberpolly

liberpolly Lazy rider

Oddometer:
    On P1 assist only and with thumb throttle, it's absolute bonkers! Tried short run through the woods, the throttle is too abrupt for my limited skills, and P1 assist not enough to get me through steep hills, so took it on gravel roads where it absolutely shines. Really hard to beat the value for money.
  11. Buzzbomber

Buzzbomber Long timer

Oddometer:
    Brake line sorted out on the YDX and suspension sag set to a good baseline for now. Unfortunately I had to get caught up with work, it rained all day yesterday, and today I'll be stuck working until after dark again.:( Really looking forward to seeing how it does out in the trails around here.

I'll have to look into shorter cranks. I took it for a lap around the loop trail I built around the property for my kids and sure enough, I had a pedal strike on one of the rocks in the middle of the trail...:doh
    666 likes this.
  12. Snake Oiler

Oddometer:
    P1, is that the lowest assist? I looked at them a while ago when I first got the bug. The X1 and the Sur-Ron both, but the Sur-Ron is more of a dirt bike than I thought I'd like for now. But maybe down the road when gas is legit to burn. Lol
  13. liberpolly

liberpolly Lazy rider

Oddometer:
    I love my Sur Ron too, but yeah it's completely different animal.

X1 would be ideal for bicycle trials if the thumb throttle was not so abrupt... P1 is the lowest, yes.
  14. victor441

victor441 Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. Snake Oiler

Oddometer:
    That's why I decided to go the bicycle route first and to get some physical exercise for my old legs. I was really looking for a throttle bike, but it was hard to pass on the Giant Trance E-1PRO for three grand on a two year old bike of it's quality. That said the X1 was on my radar when I started this quest. Maybe in the future I'll find room for one or something similar in my stable. The X Challenge would likely have to find a new home first tho.
    Is it safe to think you got the ridiculous addition of the X1? And would it be possible to retune to a softer response and still be able to retain the top speed and response on the top end of the time? Sorry my questions seem dumb, but I'm not very good at this new technology stuff.
  16. MrBob

MrBob Cisgendered Supporter

Oddometer:
  17. MrBob

MrBob Cisgendered Supporter

Oddometer:
    Snake Oiler likes this.
  18. Ike Baker

Ike Baker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's a great looking bike! Re: the abrupt throttle, can you adjust the amount of power available in each assist level using the controller? I've got a Ride1Up L'mtd; while that model doesn't have that ability, apparently a couple of the other Ride1Up models (500 and 700, I think) allowed you to reprogram how much power each assist level provided.

In the "Display Manual" for the X-1 (online https://bradland.github.io/unoffici...AQqDbeYuiCl9ewpvvRb23kDit73_dAcnfajGH1y_OUgV4), it says:

"Assist Mode

Configures the available number of assistance levels. Note that changing this does not change the amount of total assistance available. It is best to think of them as divisions of a whole. E.g. 1/3, 2/3, 3/3 for 3 levels of assist and 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, 5/5 for 5 levels of assist.
    • 3, 5, 9
    Have you tinkered with configuring the number of assistance levels?
  19. liberpolly

liberpolly Lazy rider

Oddometer:
    No, waiting for the replacement of the defective controller. But this chapter refers to the pedal assistance, not to the sensitivity of the thumb throttle. My plan is to get it working in pedal assist which I prefer anyway, and reserve throttle only to when I cannot pedal or am not prepared for sudden need of higher assist. Even with full throttle and supposed 2000W Ludicrous mode, it is not even close to my Sur Ron power and torque, so the throttle is a secondary device. And Sur Ron is useless as far as pedals are concerned...
    HapHazard and Snake Oiler like this.
  20. SteveAZ

SteveAZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like the throttle for fast fine control of the power being applied while I'm pedaling in terrain that's varying a lot... if things are more steady then I just let PAS do it's thing
    liberpolly and HapHazard like this.